This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

The Bombcast was probably the first podcast I actively started listening to, but after that I ended up listening to Idle Thumbs when Brad appeared on there, and over time I started branching out a bit (and back in sometimes too).

Currently I listen to:

• The Bombcast
  • Idle Thumbs
  • 8-4 Play
  • Weekend Confirmed
  • Retronauts

I used to listen at least three 1up podcasts per week until the talent drain gradually sunk them, and also the Destructoid retro podcast as well as Tapezilla and Rebel FM. The Bionic Commando podcast also had its moments. Wondering if there's anything new out there that I really shouldn't be missing?

#2 Posted by mosespippy (4169 posts) -

I've cut back on gaming podcasts as most of them don't have the level of quality that they used to. I'll probably drop Weekend Confirmed soon. All I listen to now is the Bombcast, Weekend Confirmed and 8-4 Play. Stuff that doesn't update regularly like A Life Well Wasted and Irrational Podcasts are great when they come out but it is so rare that it almost isn't worth mentioning.

#3 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

The Bombcast.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

The Bombcast.

The one and only.

#5 Posted by Morningstar (2157 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Cloudenvy said:

The Bombcast.

The one and only.

What these fine people say.

#6 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

The Bombcast and the Gamespot Gameplay podcast.

#7 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -
  • Bombcast
  • Game Informer Podcast
  • CAGCast
#8 Posted by DeF (4887 posts) -

@EvilNiGHTS said:

Currently I listen to:

• The Bombcast
  • Idle Thumbs
  • 8-4 Play
  • Weekend Confirmed
  • Retronauts

Same (just started with Idle Tumbs!) with the addition of:

• Active Time Babble (the other consistently good 1up podcast and the only RPG-centric podcast I know of)
  • Games, Dammit! (rebooted a million times but I really dig the current format of focusing one a specific topic and foregoing the usual news/whatcha been playin? fare)
  • Gamers With Jobs Conference Call
  • Nintendo Voice Chat (remnant of the old days when I first got into listening to podcasts ...)
  • Radio Free Nintendo (recently got into it, since nobody else is talking about Nintendo stuff ...)

Occasionally: Super Joystiq Podcast (depends on the topic), GameInformer show (they sometimes do have cool specials with interview segments) ... and whenever they decide to put out new episodes: Irrational Games' podcasts and the Rock, Paper ShotCast.

#9 Posted by doosmacleod (189 posts) -

I sort of listen to the RoosterTeeth podcast but that's not really a gaming podcast. Mostly just wanking about games they like. And a lot of the people on it are pretty insufferable. A whole lot.

The Indoor Kids is alright. I'm a fan of Kumail Nanjiani... but it tends to run a bit boring. I think weed might have something to do with that. Not 100% sure. But he's friends with Doug Benson. So there's that.

#10 Posted by Master_Funk (733 posts) -
  • Bombcast
  • The Besties
  • Podcast Beyond
  • Gamespot Gameplay
  • 8-4 Play
  • Groovy Gamer (mainly just the ME3 spoilercast with Kessler)
#11 Posted by Shaka999 (475 posts) -

Bombcast & Weekend Confirmed for the most part (and the Tested podcast kind of counts, right?), but I rarely listen to weekend confirmed any more. 1upYours was my first podcast and I absolutely loved it to death, but Weekend Confirmed just isn't the same & doesn't resonate with me like 1upYours did. I'm really tempted to get into more though, I want to try the 8-4 Play podcast one of these days.

#12 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

The bombcast, have you heard of it?

#13 Posted by Sergio (2120 posts) -

Bombcast and 8-4 Play. I've been listening to the latter long before it was hosted on Giant Bomb though.

I used to listen to Weekend Confirmed and the Besties, but eventually the former started to offer nothing new and the latter became the Worsties.

#14 Posted by rjayb89 (7721 posts) -

Bombcast, Rebel FM, Major Nelson, and the Besties. Fine with most of them. I skip through interviews in Major Nelson most of the time and just skip an episode of the Besties once I hear a shitty accent from Frushtick.

#15 Posted by lawrence_of_suburbia (30 posts) -

GFW Radio re-runs. It's better for me if I pretend to live in 2007.

#16 Posted by SpartanHoplite (384 posts) -

epicbattlecry, but since the site & video died, & they're only at facebook with audio only podcasts which i cant even download, i'm not listening nothing at the moment.

tried out the latest GB podcast which was 3 hours, listened to 30 minutes & got bored since they didn't seem to be talking of anything meaningfull & just jabbed around nonsense. it was a special episode which is why it lasted so long, but i'll check out some future episodes of it in hopes that its actually good & fun.

#17 Posted by Vestigial_Man (311 posts) -

I listen to a lot of podcasts...

• 8-4 Play
  • The Besties
  • TheGamestation Podcast
  • All 3 Big Red Barrel Podcasts - BRB Blu, BRB UK and BRB Boom (and BRB Flix but that's movies)
  • OPM UK
  • Giant Bombcast

I also have another 10 podcasts I listen to on a weekly basis. As I said, a lot of podcasts.

#18 Posted by JaredA (824 posts) -

The Bombcast is the only podcast I listen to with regularity. I have also been working my way through the 8-4 backlog.

#19 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Is it necessary to have one of these threads every week?

#20 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

Bombcast

Rebel FM

Radio Radar

Weekend Confirmed

Retronauts

#21 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

I only listen to the Bombcast and Tested podcast. I used to listen to State of the Game, but then they took a hiatus and I never went back when they returned.

#22 Edited by GJSmitty (651 posts) -
  • The Bombcast
  • Podcast Beyond
  • The Shaft Podcast

That's about it for gaming podcasts

For non gaming podcasts, I listen to MBMBAM, This is only a Test, and the 404.

#23 Posted by Wunder_ (1169 posts) -

Hmm, I listen to a ton of podcasts and I'm always looking for more just to fill time, but the main ones that I always listen to every time there's a new episode are: 

Giant Bombcast 
This Is Only A Test
8-4 Play  
MBMBAM

---- These are podcasts I listen to when I've exhausted the above

Tales of Tyria 
Lincolncast 
Various Frogpants podcasts 
Sat Dish 
Comedy BangBang 

I'll definitely check out Weekend Confirmed though, I have heard a ton of good things about it.

#24 Posted by Castiel (2603 posts) -

Bombcast is the only one that matters!

#25 Posted by MURDERSMASH (251 posts) -

Bombcast is my one big regular podcast, but sometimes I listen to Podtoid, and the TGS podcast as well.

#26 Edited by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

BESTIES! Because shouldn't the world's best friends pick the world's best games?

And, uh, the D&D podcast. If that counts.

(pimpmyownshow)(wewillbebackveryverysoon)

#27 Posted by Scrawnto (2446 posts) -

Bombcast, Besties, 8-4 play, and occasionally the Mega64 Podcast.

#28 Posted by doosmacleod (189 posts) -

I really miss the Penny Arcade podcast. Hasn't been updated since they started doing the PATV stuff, but when it on, man they had some funny, sometimes super profound stuff. And poop jokes.

Also in the realm of podcasts I wish would come back: the Bungie Podcast.

#29 Posted by NeoGamer (158 posts) -

Just the Bombcast and 8-4 Play (long before being hosted here). I used to count the minutes to the release of a new TalkRadar before its unofficial death in 2011 (when they changed the format and then Chris left).

RIP old TalkRadar =(

#30 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

Just the Bombcast. I used to listen to the Joystiq's Xbox 360 Fancast, but they stopped doing it. I didn't care much about the new one.

#31 Posted by Pie (7098 posts) -

Just Idle thumbs

#32 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@NeoGamer said:

Just the Bombcast and 8-4 Play (long before being hosted here). I used to count the minutes to the release of a new TalkRadar before its unofficial death in 2011 (when they changed the format and then Chris left).

RIP old TalkRadar =(

Just listen to the Laser Time podcast. Chris Antista, Brett Elston, Tyler Wilde are all there. It's not specifically about video games anymore, but it's still pretty good.

#33 Posted by green_sky (49 posts) -

Epic Battle Cry

Invisible Walls

Pretty much those.

#34 Posted by BlatantNinja23 (930 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@NeoGamer said:

RIP old TalkRadar =(

Just listen to the Laser Time podcast. Chris Antista, Brett Elston, Tyler Wilde are all there. It's not specifically about video games anymore, but it's still pretty good.

and if you enjoy them talking about comics then listen Cape Crisis

anyways,

bombcast, Rebel FM, Geekbox, 8-4, lasertime, polygon - the besties, some of ign's podcasts (i like podcast beyond when colon isn't on, and I used to like game scoop but I don't like the weird split they do with it now.)

#35 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Bombcast of course. Maybe I'll try out the 8-4 Play podcast sometime.

#36 Posted by CaLe (3982 posts) -

The Bombcast and maybe 30% of each Idle Thumbs podcast. I've heard 8-4 is good but I've never listened to them.. I'm busy!

#37 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1209 posts) -

The Bombcast is the only gaming one because I don't count Roosterteeth as a gaming podcast.

I also listen to old talkradar episodes and feel sad b/c it's gone.

#38 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I don't really listen to any, gaming podcasts are...kinda boring

I'm a Car Talk and Stuff You Should Know guy.

#39 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5004 posts) -

@Morningstar said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Cloudenvy said:

The Bombcast.

The one and only.

The Bombcast and... the Bombcast.

#40 Posted by Dick_Mohawk (378 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Morningstar said:

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Cloudenvy said:

The Bombcast.

The one and only.

The Bombcast and... the Bombcast.

oh... don't forget the Bombcast.

#41 Posted by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -
  • Bombcast
  • 8-4 Play
  • Idle Thumbs

And two tangentally related:

• My Brother My Brother And Me
  • No More Whoppers
#42 Posted by Brandino (250 posts) -

Weekend Confirmed and Giantbomb. I listen to a bunch of other podcast but they aren't directly gaming related.

#43 Posted by McGriddle550 (285 posts) -

What is a rooster teeth?

#44 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6992 posts) -
  • Bombcast
  • Gamespot Gameplay
  • Mega64
  • Rooster Teeth Podcast (I know, I know. I can like Rooster Teeth's podcasts and Giant Bomb, right?)
#45 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Same as last month and the month before that. 
The Game Station Podcast 
Giant Bombcast 
8-4 Play

#46 Posted by Liquidsolidus (66 posts) -

The bombcast is really the only one I listen to devoutly, I might check something out here and there, but that's really it. I was really into a video podcast called NoobToob, which was a 2-man podcast that developed a really awesome community, but the one of the guys had to move across the country for work about a year ago, and alot of the chemistry came from them being there together, so they decided not to resort to a skypecast, and have sorta put it on hold for a while.

#47 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

None. I can't.

#48 Edited by MB (12384 posts) -