What is your all-time favourite UPF or 'Premium' episode?

bpcupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys,

As a long time listener of the Bombcast (4 years now I think...), I decided to finally go for it and actively support Giantbomb by becoming a Premium member.

I am just wondering what is out there in the 'Back Catalogue' that I should be watching. My free time is very limited, but when I travel I sometimes get a few hours in a Hotel with no PS4 and little else to do - so Enjoying Premium content with my VITA on standby seemed like a good option.

Any Particular UPF episode that made you cry with laughter?

I never got to really see the Legend himself Ryan Davis get up to much, as I was only listening to the Bombcast during his time and would love it if anyone could share any particular video you think would brighten up my day.

Thanks in Advance,

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

This TNT comes to mind as one of my favourite videos.

bpcupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicolenomicon: Thanks - Whatever immediately comes to mind is always going to be good! Downloading now for future enjoyment...

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pretty much anything Dave, Drew, and Vinny did 2 or 3 years ago.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By EthanielRain

This (and part 2) always comes to mind for these types of threads. Also the "random PC games", especially Ripper and Phantasmagoria. If you do get some time, generally you can just head to the Premium Videos section and any with a lot of comments will be good.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RonGalaxy

The volgarr streams were really awesome. Maybe not the best, but I had a lot of fun watching it.

"Max doesn't count"... Oh Brad...

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 4

Backflips 'n Bioforge

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaypb08 said:

Backflips 'n Bioforge

Seconded.

bpcupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This (and part 2) always comes to mind for these types of threads. Also the "random PC games", especially Ripper and Phantasmagoria. If you do get some time, generally you can just head to the Premium Videos section and any with a lot of comments will be good.

Nice tip... thanks!

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Contradiction endurance run

billymaysrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a great thread that was put together back when Premium was on sale cover the best of the best of premium: http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/nightriff/blog/new-to-premium-what-to-start-watching/109883/

Another awesome site to check out would be qlcrew.com, which recently added a "best-of" and "most comments" feature.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DougCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By DougCL

I really loved the 2 part Fortune Street TNT (Part 1, Part 2)

Its like Mario Party Party, but with less horseshit, and more stock markets I think?

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't find a link for it at the moment. But the Battlefield Bad Company 2 TNT was hilarious.

chebbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By chebbles

I am not sure how much these two TNT videos get mentioned, but they include Dave Lang and Brad Muir talking about their parts in creating some games for the PS1 and PS2. I find whenever GB is able to get developers to talk like this it is their best content! Also, the video with Brad Muir, best Ryan laugh ever!

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The TNT with Dead Island Jeff and Patrick laughing in the background, while Ryan and Vinny trying to present the show. Ryan had to pull his earpiece out because it was too distracting :)

The Truck's man the freaking trucks it was glorious, and then Brad trying to play the game "right" later but the others constantly messed it up for him sooo great.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/thursday-night-throwdown-091511/2300-4899/

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Someone to ask would be @turboman who regularly does best of giant bomb videos and more than likely has a couple of good suggestions.

UPF usually isn't great all the way through, usually one or two segments are really great and then the rest is just there. Some games work, some don't.

Off the top of my head with best premium videos:

• All of the Mario Party Party's are an adventure, there's also a TNT of Fortune Street that's similar
  • Load Our Last Souls might be the best series of videos on the site
  • Random PC Game of Phantasmagoria is probably still my favorite video on the site
  • Spookin With Scoops is really undervalued
  • All of the Flight Clubs
  • Bioforge
  • Breaking Brad: Doom 2 was a lot of fun with Brad Muir
  • There was two TNT's where they spent the time playing a certain developers games with them in the studio. I wished that they could be able to do it more cause it's super fun to watch. one was Brad Muir and one was Dave Lang
nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By nightriff

I wrote up a blog a few months back talking about the best of the best premium content. Unfortunately I'm on my phone and can't link you to it right now.

bpcupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow... great response guys thank you! Keep this up and I won't have time to watch any new content! Anything with the developers opening up will certainly grab my attention. Watched the first hour of TNT playing Fortune street and it looks like it could get real interesting!

RipTheVeins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@elwood: Red Truck vs Blue Truck is still one of my favorite Giant Bomb moments. SO GOOD.

justicejanitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By justicejanitor

The Contradiction BEAST Playdates and the currently running Until Dawn Playdate have been great so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By Nime

A lot of the older stuff already mentioned was great. Of the more recent features, I'd say the UPF when they drove the ipad telepresence thing around the office and into that Gamespot segment. I can try to figure out which episode that was a bit later.

Oh also that UPF where they looked at all the old games Brad Muir had worked on in the past.

I also loved the D&D segments with Vinny.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daves Dwarf Fortress videos are maybe my favorite. I love all of the Random PC videos also.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

@dudeglove: correct, thanks for linking it for me.

Elwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riptheveins: Hehe yep agree, damm I think I will see the whole thing again now, it just makes me laugh so much :)

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By UitDeToekomst

Premium stuff in general is way too long for me to list favorites... but as far UPF's go, I'd have to put the one from 3/28/14 as my favorite. Guest appearance from Danny, Drew's horse game, Vinny simulating a goat, IHF Handball from the GB sports editors, hot Gang Beats action... it has it all.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Zelyre

@alexw00d said:

Pretty much anything Dave, Drew, and Vinny did 2 or 3 years ago.

This.

From Deborah and Ynniv friend of dragons in Daggerfall, to Cuddlepuddle in Euro Truck Sim, to the boys trying to fly an A-10, that stuff was great. Then again, random PC games really tickles my nostalgia bone. Get. Out. Of. The. Hanger!

I'm also going to toss in GB Unplugged Pathfinder. Which also had Dave, Drew, and Vinny in it. It's too bad the heroes never graduated from hero school for another adventure.

tanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By tanked

Jeff's "Jar" video series, where he sits at home and and answers viewer questions for an hour, is probably the most consistently great premium feature. I could listen to that guy talk about games forever, and, considering how long you've been listening to the bombcast, I imagine you feel the same way. I just wish he made them more often.

Load Our Last Souls is also a fantastic series. It's Vinny playing through the second half of Dark Souls.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That moment from last week's UPF is up there. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Thank you Jeff.

C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The Second Life segment in this UPF is legendary imo. Leaving a playthrough of Second Life in the hands of Vinny is just asking for craziness.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Whichever WMHH had Jeff playing Gal Gun in the other room on the Creeper Cam and then had the guy call in about Megan's Law

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwgill: Any UPF from the end of 2013 is a gold mine. Arguably, the best UPFs ever done.

GalmActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are saying that certain windows of time have the best UPFs, but I think that they are all hilarious. I envy anyone who gets to watch all the UPFs in a row for the first time. To pick one though, I would say 11/27/13. Vinny gets behind the wheel and things happen. Also, windjammers.

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Random PC Game: Phantasmagoria!

Really, any Random PC Game. So good.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MerxWorx01

I don't think anyone mentioned it yet but my absolute favorite is Breaking Brad : Volgar the Viking 4 parter where Brad says something very inappropriate to Vinny and has to stop the gameplay and apologize for 5 minutes while everyone else is Laughing and Jeff comes in to so Human Resources doesn't have to.

betaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More recently I've really enjoyed the Mario Party Parties.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And let's not forget about Metal Gear Scanlon. As a bonus you get to know Drew and Dan.

bpcupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you for the many, many more suggestions - really appreciate it, great welcome to the community. On MPP3 now and its proving a hilarious series... gonna catch up on some of the 'Breaking Brads' because well - I like Brad and watching him suffer is hilarious on MPP so can only imagine 'Volgarr' will encourage some painful experiences :)

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I'd say the Fortune Street TNT. I go back and watch that one once a year.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

My favourite UPF is probably that one where it was just Jeff, Vinny, and Brad because everyone was out of town/away from the office so they just gave up and Vinny let Jeff play with the Tri-Caster.

As for favourite other premium content, it's hard to say. I need to rewatch a lot of older stuff again since I haven't in a couple years. All of the Random PC Game stuff sticks out in my mind as great. For more recent stuff, the Mario Party Parties are fantastic, as is Metal Gear Scanlon.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked Vinny's Dark Souls run and Brad's Demon Souls run.

Also, it doesn't appear to be premium, but the Persona 4 endurance run is my favorite thing on the site.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

For me Jurassic Lark, the SimGolf stream and Pokemon Snap are definitely up there.

redking56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The DreamGear episode is a favorite of mine although the whole segment is on youtube anyway.