What Kind of Content Do You Enjoy Most?

Avatar image for tastycakesmcg33
TastyCakesMcG33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What Kind of Content Do You Enjoy Most? (242 votes)

One Off Playing Of A Random Game (Non-Quick Look) 28%
Endurance Run/Play Throughs 50%
Quick Looks/Unfinished 33%
Live Shows 40%
Old Looks/Retrospectives 31%
Other (Write It Below) 6%
I Only Enjoy Old Content (Let's Say 2011 And Back) 6%
The Podcasts 48%

This HAS to have been asked, or something like it, right?

I've been in the GB community since almost the beginning and I noticed that my opinions on what content I enjoy most tends not to fall in line with what I see posted in the forms a lot. Obviously one of the best things about GB is how it can have content for everyone, or mostly everyone, who comes to the site and taste is super subjective.

Just interested to see where (at least some of) the community lands in general.

• 
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

It doesn't have to do w/ what type of content or w/e label they put on it. It has to do w/ the specific content itself. I like live content but didn't tune in to UPF. I like playthroughs like VInnyvania but MGS was torturous.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My favorite content is endurance run style videos but more specifically when they are playing games that aren't AAA established franchises. I just dont get the same enjoyment from them playing Metal Gear as I do them playing a Persona, DP, or Shenmue style game.

I also like the more focused retro stuff. The Ranking of fighters, retro quicklooks, and the shows when Jeff brings in some old ass games console and just plows through the library.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I'm not picky about my content, as long as it's #Content

MasterSwanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My favorites are probably full play throughs that East was doing when Austin was around. Until Dawn and Contradiction being the standouts.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Old looks / retrospectives. Honestly, that's kind of where GB has its niche since these dudes are all industry veterans that have seen some shit.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WynnDuffy

Game Tapes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (More!)

Takoyaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like content where a bunch of the crew get together and focus on the same thing. Stuff like Vinnyvania, Endurance Runs, Demo Derby, Mario Party Party, Giant Bomb Makes Mario and Hitman. Quick Looks and Unprofessional Fridays can also hit that spot but some of them turn into just aimless meandering.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love when the guys are commentating and riffing on stuff whether it be game conferences or weird shit on the Demo Derby's, or just random YouTube videos. There was a period where they would watch a lot of random videos on UPF, like Japanese pizza commercials, air horn pranks and promotional grocery videos. And that time they looked at old Halcyon footage.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Bombcast is number one of course, but I do miss their older content, or more accurately the feel of their old content. I also really enjoy them talking over press conferences and industry events.

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have trouble getting through quick looks. But I love live content, where everyone in chat is watching the same thing. I wish they'd just make a 24/7 channel streaming old content, so we could have some of the best of both worlds. UPF is my jam. Podcast too -- it's gotten me through so much cleaning and exercising.

Avatar image for soimadeanaccount
soimadeanaccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adult content obviously

They are all fun in their own right so it is hard to play favorite.

Bombcast and Beastcast are always reliable.

ER and Playthrough depends partially on the game, but the crew makes it interesting and occasionally they are some of the site's best moment IMO. (wait is there a list of best GB moment of 2016?)

QL is again partially game dependent, but they serve practical purposes.

Also ranking of fighters because science

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hunkulese

I like the podcast.

I still don't understand the appeal of watching other people play games when I barely have time to play games myself.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Bombcast, and it'll probably always stay that way. Even if Giant Bomb were to somehow come to an end, I think the Bombcast would live on in some form.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Game Tapes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (More!)

I'll second this, I also enjoy Demo Derby a great deal, nostalgia can be a great and terrible thing.

Giant Bomb kind of is the Bombcast so that almost doesnt count.

LostOddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Gear Scanlon is the reason I got a premium membership and is still my favorite thing on the site. Persona 4 ER is real good too though

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#16  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

Something about the Bomb Crew playing old games interests me a lot more than anything else. Between the Endurance Runs and Jeff playing old games, I've spent a lot more time rewatching those videos than anything else on the site. Other than the Podcast which could also be my favorite thing.

CcFfBb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like browsing through the Quick Looks if I'm interested in a game. Sometimes I also will tune in to the Live Shows and see what goes on there. The last marathon to raise money for kids was probably the most live content I've consumed in quite some time.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I enjoy the podcast the most. The crew puts out a lot of great stuff. It's just so hard to keep up (which is a good thing).

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I like when they go to shows. I like them at e3 and PAX because they seems at their best bringing their humor and knowledge to their view of the shows.

So what do I want? I want them to go to Paris Games Week. In the last two years a lot of news has come out of Paris' Game Week and not Germany's Gamescom. For content, they can obviously show they game floor, keynotes, and interviews with developers and publishers. But, then you have Paris itself for content they could film a lot in Paris

Paris Games weeks is at a great time too. As it stands now e3 is in June, Gamescom is in August, and Paris Games Weeks is in October, so most of the news does not overlap from Paris because it is further removed from e3. As for being out of the country when Fall games are dropping? Honestly GB doesn't cover every game that comes out in late October, they can be out of the country for a week at the end of October. Hell, they could just hire a freelancer they trust, to cover the possibly single Triple-A title they would have to cover for the site. On the other hand they could be in Paris making memories and interviewing companies they might not get to talk to directly.

No Caption Provided

Literally, they could be making the "game tapes" they can then mine eight years later for content.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like when they dig deep into games they throughly enjoy.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I like to see people play through entire games. I'm not a fan of heavily edited stuff you sometimes see on youtube, and I'm not a fan of UPF where they dive in to a 'big' game for 30 minutes. Quicklooks are different because they take the place that reviews used to occupy in my brain. I just need to see someone play a game to know if it's for me.

cliffordbanes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mailbags and commentary on live events have been entertaining. Live coverage of online launches have also been fun to watch especially when things go wrong.

Avatar image for rocketblast0063
rocketblast0063

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Quick Looks - For me this is the core of GB and I have been watching most of them through the years.
  2. Endurance Runs - The Deadly Premonition one is probably the best thing GB ever produced.
  3. Old games/Random stuff - Phantasmagoria, Dwarf Fortress, FMV and stuff like that is pretty sweet.
  4. Release parties - Who could dislike 12h footage of a newly released console or VR headset?
Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

Quick Looks, I really don't have the time to watch playthroughs of entire games.. so quick looks are the best.

The feature I loved the most was TNT though, miss it dearly.

heaveninblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By heaveninblack

My absolute favourite is when the guys group up to play something together. Not couch co-op, although I do like that, but things like Gears 3/4, Dead Island, Diablo 3, etc.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The podcasts will always be my go to.

In general, I wish they would be more selective in what they cover. I've been turned off of their video content when the crew goes on completely irrelevant tangents because they lost interest in what they are playing/watching. I've seen this in UPFs and quick looks for bad/obscure/uninteresting games. So basically I like all of the above, podcasts a little above the others. I like Giant Bomb content most when they are into what they are playing.

Poppduder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Poppduder

I'd love to see more Random PC Game/Load our Last Souls/Choose Our (my?) Own Adventure style stuff. But I'm happy with any/all. There's not much that I don't watch, unless it's just something I'm super disinterested in, like DOTA or fighting games.

I guess my favorite stuff is the deep dive things, like Metal Gear Scanlon. Take a game someone hasn't played but definitely should (given their tastes), and show their entire experience with it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Event stuff takes the cake for me. E3 and GDC livestreams specifically. Get some devs around and get to chattin.

Besides that probably good ol' Quick Looks and UPF.

enemylandlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though the podcasts are essential and reliable and Good, full play throughs (in their many forms) are comfortably the most entertaining things the site produces. In particular the 6-8 month run where gbeast got through Contradiction, Until Dawn, Life is Strange and I think 2 Castlevanias was maybe the best sustained string of content the site has ever produced. With the notable exception of MGS 5 the whole lot of lets plays here are very much my shit, and reason enough to keep me buying premium for as long as I can foresee.

Avatar image for deactivated-633c70ff026e8
deactivated-633c70ff026e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Endurance runs, GBE Playdates, and playthroughs are my favorite. I like quick looks too, but it depends on the game.

cuevas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is more than 100℅