What pissed me off about the vita!

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So i bought a vita today and for the most part i'll let my little brother play the games first then i'll play them as i'm really happy i get to play old PS2 games like sly cooper and jack and dexter but i got the bundle which came with the walking dead game problem is i connected to a different account then the one i use now and i had to reset the entire system delete my brothers game progress in order to just change the ps network account -.- i also lost the walking dead as i had used it on the other account. I'm just posting this so people who buy the vita know you cant switch accounts and if you do all the game progress will be erased and downloaded games are gone.

epgpx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By epgpx

Couldn't you just logged out of the account and sign in with another? I'm sure you can back up game saves and games on the ps3 and pc.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nekroskop

Sony decided to cut out multiple account support due to an exploit in that firmware revision. You can only associate the system with one account at a time. You can use multiple memory cards to store save games etc, but you need to wipe the system every time you want to switch accounts.(You need to not click the 'Format Memorycard' option if you choose to restore factory settings)

You can still download TWD game and other downloads from the account you had before. If you plan to use multiple accounts on the system, I suggest backing up the data to a PS3 or a PC. Also; if you have PSN+ you can upload the save games to the cloud.

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@epgpx: no thats what im saying i thought so also thats why I'm putting this up

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sooty

Isn't it your own fault for using a one-use code on the wrong account?

I switch between my US and UK account quite often, it's a bit of an annoyance but you don't lose saved games if you back them up first. (Content Manager app for Windows or Mac)

At least they didn't pull a Nintendo and lock you out of other regions' eShops and region locked all 3DS games up the ass.