What should I play next?

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Poll What should I play next? (98 votes)

Batman: Arkham Knight 16%
Devil May Cry 5 24%
Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw 7%
Mass Effect: Andromeda 6%
Fallout: New Vegas 36%
Sniper Elite 4 10%

Here's what I've been playing this year.

https://www.giantbomb.com/profile/chummy8/lists/2020-games-played/367480/

Last week, I finished AC: Origins and had a great time. And now, I am finishing up Jedi Fallen Order. I think I only have a few more hours to go. So, of course I'm thinking of what game to play before I jump into Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.

But I can't decide. All of the above games aside from ME: Andromeda are games in my library that I haven't played before. Andromeda being the only game that I started and fell off but have a desire to at least finish the game.

• 
ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Sniper Elite 4 is such a good game. Sleeper hit of 2017. IIRC there is DLC that allows you to kill Hitler by dropping a submarine on him.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Chummy8

@obikwiet said:

Sniper Elite 4 is such a good game. Sleeper hit of 2017. IIRC there is DLC that allows you to kill Hitler by dropping a submarine on him.

Yeah, I heard good things about it and I could use a shooter as a change of pace from these 3rd person action/rpg/adventure games I've been playing. That submarine business sounds insane. Don't remember how or when I got SE 4, must have been in a bundle or something.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@chummy8: It's probably not going to get much love in the poll, but it was one of my favorite games that year. The story is garbage, but the gameplay is good (if you like stealth/sniping). I would give the first level a shot since you already own it.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've went with DMC5. I've not played it but looking at the list makes me think that one would be easier to digest. I really, really got bogged down with Arkham Knight. New Vegas would be my second choice. It felt a little bit more fleshed out than Fallout 3.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New Vegas is the best of that group. Although, with the exception of Mass Effect: Andromeda, I'd play all of them before taking on Odyssey again. I liked Origins well enough, but Odyssey was such a terrible slog. That was a game that needed to be 30% the size it was.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Arkham Knight's fantastic. Just stick to the main story to maintain some pretty good pacing.

Or DMC V if you're into learning an intricate combat system and replaying it a few times.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@csl316: Yeah I'm playing Arkham Knight right now and really enjoying it. There's a lot to do and I'd agree that you should prioritise the main story and dip in the side stuff from time to time. I probably won't do all of the side missions but will probably finish about half.

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By big_denim

@alias: I beat the game last year and I did the same thing. I really enjoyed the game and was kind of surprised to see how much people crap on that game. Goes to show you that it's always best to try a game for yourself after all the dust settles rather than letting the overwhelming noise of the internet sway you over :|

All that being said, I voted for DMC 5. Despite the repetitive nature of the games environments, I still absolutely adore that game.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted DMC:V. It seems like the most "fun" of the bunch.

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By CupOfDoom

The only two on the list that I've played are Arkham Knight and New Vegas and, New Vegas is so much better. The factions in the game are just sooo good. Especially the smaller ones. They add so much character to the world and even though its been 5+ years since I played through it I still remember them all.

It's also a surprisingly small open world, compared to games of its time and doubly so when compared to modern games. I don't think its a bad thing but, its way more of a linear game with a handful of side quests. And not a Skyrim-style "pick a direction and see what you find" type game.

DARKSOULS1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham knight gets a lot of flak but i just replayed a few months ago and had a great time. I bounced off of devil may cry 5 really hard. Fallout new vegas is still really good just kind f shows its age. Sniper elite 4 is also a good time, i forced myself to restart every time i was caught for a full stealth run.