What small art decors do you love?

zabattacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've always been a fan of small art decors in video game levels. Anything from posters in a main characters room, to

Skyrims shrine statues/vases. It gives the world a breath that I don't can be had without these touches.

For example, the Shrine of Akatosh (I may be butchering the name, see screenshot) is just small statue of a dragon eating

a sword. The minute I decided to use it to cure my disease and ailments, 3 skeletons rose form the grave to give me a showdown!

You guys have any small art pieces/items in games you love to see? Any favorites?

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm quite fond of the Normandy SR2's captain's cabin in Mass Effect 2 particularly because of all the knick-knacks you can fill it with. The model ships, the space hamster, the N7 helmet, and of course the fish tank. For whatever reason I loved collecting a bunch of exotic fish for my space bedroom.

No Caption Provided

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

I remember spending a lot of time in all three of the main protagonist's rooms in GTA V. Trevor's trailer having the perfect amount of grime and stains all over it. Michael's house having a lot of high end art, and his son's room being a pretty accurate/exaggerated version of a spoiled teens room. Nothing specific pops out in my mind, but I remember taking the time to look. I kind of really want to go back and play that game (for the 3rd time); Rockstar just builds such great worlds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f39c75856922
deactivated-5f39c75856922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember spending a lot of time in all three of the main protagonist's rooms in GTA V. Trevor's trailer having the perfect amount of grime and stains all over it. Michael's house having a lot of high end art, and his son's room being a pretty accurate/exaggerated version of a spoiled teens room. Nothing specific pops out in my mind, but I remember taking the time to look. I kind of really want to go back and play that game (for the 3rd time); Rockstar just builds such great worlds.

Part of the reason I played so much Max Payne 3 multiplayer was because it was just fun being in that world.

Yumewaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

DMC: Devil May Cry graffiti.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is a decor?

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sloppydetective: actually i'd like to add to that. where michael's shrink is, i got super interested in their trash cans there. for some reason, there it struck me how much more detail they had to work with.

other than that, I do like to see small bits and bobs in stuff like elder scrolls. god damn caius and his skooma pipe is probably the most iconic example.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock, Dishonored and Wolfenstein - The New Order come to mind at first, because of them being set in a relatively realistic world, which still have this alternative reality twist to them. I always stop and stare at the posters, paintings and statues in games like those three.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jjbsterling: Yup, count me another big fan of the SR-2's cabin/interior generally, though I prefer the SR1's exterior, overall. Love, love, love the look of the Tempest, including the brief shots we've had of her bridge.

Anyway, to keep the Mass Effect train rolling, I think I'll go with the old Galaxy Map as my 'decor':

No Caption Provided

Even looking at it now, I feel that same tingly call to adventure I did back in 2007.