"What the hell was that?"

von_wemberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By von_wemberg

When I opened my eyes today, one thought ran through my mind: "What the hell was that?" I got info about Star Control II from giantbomb. Quite weird actually. I watched the last "Building a Bomb" video and the video was linked to SCII. Curiosity took me, I looked the game up. I got interested and thanks to a review in YouTube, got the game for free. Thank god for that... I downloaded The Ur-Quan Masters and started playing it on my old laptop about twelve o'clock midnight.

The story hooked me. It sounded interesting. Also, the shere scope of the game astounded me. It's so freaking big... so big infact, that I'm starting to belive, that I don't have time for this game.

Basically, the game boils down to collecting minerals while avoiding hazards and collecting data, dog-fighting with other space-crafts and exploring the whole f-ing space... It's a simple game, in design at least. And addicting as hell... But there is hardly any story now, you know your mission pretty much straight away. If there are twists, which I hope, I'm in luck...

But yeah... collecting dots and upgrading my ship, that was how my night went. I came across few threats, but thanks to the save anywhere option, the strategy part is stolen away.

When I finally came to my senses, it was five o'clock in the morning. I saved and tried some hair-brain schemes and went to bed. With a weird feeling... I don't get my condition. Am I awestruck or something? Is the dot collecting game that good or have my standards flewn away? I don't get it.

von_wemberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By von_wemberg

When I opened my eyes today, one thought ran through my mind: "What the hell was that?" I got info about Star Control II from giantbomb. Quite weird actually. I watched the last "Building a Bomb" video and the video was linked to SCII. Curiosity took me, I looked the game up. I got interested and thanks to a review in YouTube, got the game for free. Thank god for that... I downloaded The Ur-Quan Masters and started playing it on my old laptop about twelve o'clock midnight.

The story hooked me. It sounded interesting. Also, the shere scope of the game astounded me. It's so freaking big... so big infact, that I'm starting to belive, that I don't have time for this game.

Basically, the game boils down to collecting minerals while avoiding hazards and collecting data, dog-fighting with other space-crafts and exploring the whole f-ing space... It's a simple game, in design at least. And addicting as hell... But there is hardly any story now, you know your mission pretty much straight away. If there are twists, which I hope, I'm in luck...

But yeah... collecting dots and upgrading my ship, that was how my night went. I came across few threats, but thanks to the save anywhere option, the strategy part is stolen away.

When I finally came to my senses, it was five o'clock in the morning. I saved and tried some hair-brain schemes and went to bed. With a weird feeling... I don't get my condition. Am I awestruck or something? Is the dot collecting game that good or have my standards flewn away? I don't get it.

woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By woodtsunami

Wait, what? Why did you say what the hell was that? I am too confused...

von_wemberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By von_wemberg

why did i play that game from midnight to five o'clock.