Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@zevvion said:

@brodehouse: Okay. To be clear, I only played about 3 hours of KOTOR 2 myself. I was genuinely curious why you liked it. I disliked it myself. Thought the pace was rather bad. You get your lightsaber like 5 minutes into the game. One of the reasons I like KOTOR and Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast for example is because they build up the time before you get the lightsaber. I also liked the story in KOTOR. I wasn't blown away by the twist or anything, just the general story I thought was fun to experience.

Maybe I should have put more time than 3 hours into KOTOR 2, but I was put off by it almost immediately. I don't think I can go back and give it another chance now.

The first 2-5 hours of KOTOR2 are dicking around on an abandoned space station and slowly having the gameplay mechanics introduced and exploring more as you unlock more stuff. It's kind of cool as a discrete adventure but it's terrible as an introduction to the game.

The game doesn't pick up until you can mess around on Nar Shadaa. Onderon's alright too, but Nar Shadaa is when the game finds its voice.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@brodehouse: It's too bad some games do this. The original KOTOR had great pace. It started with a good tutorial, then it build the pressure up when the game actually started.

Red Dead Redemption is another game like this. After playing it for 5 hours I couldn't be troubled to try and play more of it. It was beyond boring to me. Then people told me it got really good after 8 hours or so. I can dig a slow build up, but stuff like that is too much for me.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Western RPG: Mass Effect 2 (Probably)

JRPG: Can't decide Persona 4, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers