When buying a game what's more persuasive?

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Brians
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fwylo

Easy, quicklooks. I like to hear their opinion on the bombcast as well.  But nothing compares to actually seeing them play the game for half hour.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Brians

I am more persuaded by bombcast talks and quick looks into whether or not I will buy a game than needing a review for it. Hearing about the experience while it's ongoing tells me more about the game than reviews do.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho

A all the way. But I can't pretend either thing has swayed me for or against a purchase lately. Like, I never almost got a game then saw the Quicklook and had a change of heart. Bad games have some pretty obvious tells, you don't need a QL to tell you that.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Brians
@fwylo:  I agree with you about that. I prefer quicklooks into the game but hearing about the games on the bombcast helps me also.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I don't pay attention to reviews. Quick Looks have totally gotten me to play a game I probably wouldn't have paid too much attention to.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ProfessorEss

I enjoy their commentary and respect their opinions but to be honest I don't find any of GiantBomb's media really effects my purchasing decisions a whole lot. I find it all very entertaining but, more often than not, not particularly informative.

themartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By themartyr

Mostly talking about it, rather than in official review form, but no doubt a healthy mix of the two.