Which Castlevania takes place in Space?

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Brad and Ryan have mentioned that one of the later DS Castlevanias had a Cyborg Dracula and that you go to space at some point. I've played most of Portrait of Ruin, all of Aria of Sorrow, and all of Order of Eclasia, so is it in Dawn of Sorrow or the other two GBA games or is the cyberdracula and Space all just bullshit?

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Unless it's in Dawn of Sorrow, I call bullshit. I've played through all the metroidvania type castlevanias (Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Eccelsia,) except for Dawn of Sorrow.

It sounded like they were kidding anyway.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dungbootle

It kinda sounds like a random enemy you might encounter, those games had all kinds of weird shit with no story explanation for them, because video games

Or because Dracula

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#4 riostarwind  Moderator

I don't remember cyborg Dracula but in Aria Of Sorrow you do go into the eclipse so the castle is in space I guess.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nottle

@the_hiro_abides: I don't know. They seemed sort of serious.

@dungbootle: Yeah those games did have a lot of weird stuff. I want to say there was a steam punk Frankenstein... but that makes sense. That's just part of the series, you fight a big bat, Medusa, 2 mummies, Frankenstein, DEATH, and Dracula as bosses in the first game. Why were there Mummies and Medusa in Christian inspired Europe?

@riostarwind: That sounds like some weird magic stuff though. Do you look out while you're climbing the clocktower and see Earth? Kind of as an inverse on that Castlevania trope? It's not like Jonathan and Charlotte got on rocket to go to space or anything, right?

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hiro_abides: I don't know. They seemed sort of serious.

@dungbootle:Yeah those games did have a lot of weird stuff. I want to say there was a steam punk Frankenstein... but that makes sense. That's just part of the series, you fight a big bat, Medusa, 2 mummies, Frankenstein, DEATH, and Dracula as bosses in the first game. Why were there Mummies and Medusa in Christian inspired Europe?

@riostarwind

:That sounds like some weird magic stuff though. Do you look out while you're climbing the clocktower and see Earth? Kind of as an inverse on that Castlevania trope? It's not like Jonathan and Charlotte got on rocket to go to space or anything, right?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Ravenlight
Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nottle
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

No Caption Provided

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#10 riostarwind  Moderator

@nottle: No it's nothing as crazy as jumping on a rocket or even just seeing earth. Really it just looks like every other Castlevania castle. Sounds like they might have just been joking.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Ravenlight

@nottle said:

Wait... What is that? An anime?

It's the most Castlevania-ass anime I think I've seen. Starts off pretty weird and totally goes off the rails at the end.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@nottle said:

Wait... What is that? An anime?

It's the most Castlevania-ass anime I think I've seen. Starts off pretty weird and totally goes off the rails at the end.

That's the truth for sure.