Which driving/racing games' soundtrack that you love to listen to?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello racing gamers

My favorite racing game soundtracks in alphabetical order are

• Auto Modellista
  • Battle Gear (Battle Gear 4 still has the best soundtrack in the series IMO)
  • Daytona USA (2001 version has the best soundtrack IMO)
  • DiRT (DiRT 3 has the best soundtrack in the series IMO)
  • Distance
  • Driver (1st game is the best one)
  • Forza Horizon (The original game has the best soundtrack IMO)
  • Forza Motorsport (Xbox 360 era)
  • F-Zero (GX is the best one IMO)
  • Gran Turismo series (PS1 & PS2 era)
  • GRID (1st installment has the best soundtrack in the series)
  • Initial D Arcade Stage (Up to Stage 8 Infinity, the last installment to feature a full set of Eurobeat from the TV show series)
  • Motorhead (DICE)
  • Need For Speed (High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed has the best soundtracks IMO)
  • Neon Drive
  • Nitronic Rush
  • Project Gotham Racing (PGR2 has the best soundtrack in the series IMO)
  • Racing Jam (Konami)
  • Ridge Racer (Type 4, 5 and RR2 PSP has the best soundtrack IMO)
  • OutRun (OutRun 2 has the best soundtrack in the series)
  • Sega Rally (Sega Rally Revo has the best soundtrack in the series IMO)
  • San Francisco Rush (San Francisco Rush 2049 has the best soundtrack in the series IMO)
  • Slipstream
  • Test Drive (Test Drive 5, 6 and TDU2 has the best soundtrack in the series IMO)
  • Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune series
  • WipEout series (1st installment, 2097, WipEout 64 and Fusion has the best soundtrack in the series)

I would like to see you guys share which racing game soundtracks you love the most?

Brian333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have a real soft spot for Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the original Forza Horizon. Both have lots of music I generally wouldn't normally listen to outside of games but I love them.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brian333 said:

I have a real soft spot for Test Drive Unlimited 2 and the original Forza Horizon. Both have lots of music I generally wouldn't normally listen to outside of games but I love them.

That's good to hear.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't tend to listen to traditional licensed soundtracks anymore, i think i'm just getting old so i find the newer selections annoying, with that being said...

Need For Speed Underground 2 has a great soundtrack, Celebration Song is always a good time, also Mudvayne is a pretty bold choice by the devs and i appreciate it.
MX vs ATV Unleashed is one of my favourite games of all time and fulfills my need for nu metal, funnily enough Celebration Song is also in this game.
Gran Turismo 1, of course.
Gran Turismo 4, of course.
I don't remember the rest of the soundtrack, but this menu theme from Forza 3 reminds me of an amazing moment in gaming and makes me cry.
Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is a mouthful, but might have one of the best soundtracks of any game ever.
Those are the first ones i think of, but i have to give shoutouts to...
GRIP for wearing its inspirations on its face.
The Monster Truck Madness theme for existing, and making me sit up every time i hear that guitar riff appearing literally everywhere in the 90's early 00's.

Pilgrimm1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda stopped playing racing games about 20 years ago but I certainly do remember some great racing game soundtracks from back then.

Gran Turismo Ps1, Destruction Derby 1 and 2 PS1, Outrun Arcade, Crazy Taxi Arcade, Top Gear Snes, FZero Snes, Rock n Roll Racing Snes, Road Rash 2 Genesis

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda stopped playing racing games about 20 years ago but I certainly do remember some great racing game soundtracks from back then.

Gran Turismo Ps1, Destruction Derby 1 and 2 PS1, Outrun Arcade, Crazy Taxi Arcade, Top Gear Snes, FZero Snes, Rock n Roll Racing Snes, Road Rash 2 Genesis

Awesome choices.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By nateandrews

Spot on with the first Forza Horizon soundtrack. Subsequent games have had some bangers here and there, but they haven't really matched the quality of the series debut.

I'd also offer Burnout 3: Takedown as an all-time great racing soundtrack. A perfect mix of early 2000s pop rock, including the Ash song Orpheus which I love to this day.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gtxforza

@nateandrews said:

Spot on with the first Forza Horizon soundtrack. Subsequent games have had some bangers here and there, but they haven't really matched the quality of the series debut.

I'd also offer Burnout 3: Takedown as an all-time great racing soundtrack. A perfect mix of early 2000s pop rock, including the Ash song Orpheus which I love to this day.

Awesome choices!

Burnout 3: Takedown's soundtracks is okay IMO.