#1 Posted by Nightriff (4931 posts) -

#2 Posted by Nightriff (4931 posts) -

After watching Indie Game: The Movie I would like to try one of the games featured in the film. Braid I have wanted to try for years now but never got around too it. Super Meat Boy I only really ever heard about until a few months ago and want to give it a go. Fez is not on the list because of to many issues right now and I'm kinda waiting till there is a PC version to play. So which should I play first?

#3 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

First off, you should play both, they're really good.

I would argue that, although I'd say SMB is way better and more enjoyable of a game in my opinion, you should play Braid first, because you can play through it fairly rapidly, be amazed by it, and then move on. SMB, if you get into it, can suck up days.

Also, SMB should be played with a controller to be optimal.

#4 Posted by Nightriff (4931 posts) -

@RPGee said:

First off, you should play both, they're really good.

I would argue that, although I'd say SMB is way better and more enjoyable of a game in my opinion, you should play Braid first, because you can play through it fairly rapidly, be amazed by it, and then move on. SMB, if you get into it, can suck up days.

Also, SMB should be played with a controller to be optimal.

I will play both at some point but kinda just want to take one game at a time. I also kinda don't think SMB is worth $15 so I'm waiting for it to go on a steam sale at some point. Why is a controller the better? Keyboard not responsive enough?

#5 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

@Nightriff: I would personally say that SMB is worth more than $15 for the sheer amount you get in the package, but to each their own, you may hate the type of game (I loved it). It was in a Steam sale not so long ago, the Potato one, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came around again.

And I say that a controller would be better because I find that it provides much better fidelity of control, which, in a game which focuses heavily on precision controls, is pretty handy. Also, I'd be more comfortable with throwing a controller than a keyboard or laptop, because at least I have multiple controllers.

#6 Posted by adam1808 (1391 posts) -

Bastion

#7 Posted by Vexxan (4616 posts) -

Get Super Meat Boy. Braid is fun and all but Super Meat Boy is great.

#8 Posted by falserelic (5334 posts) -

All I can say for super meat boy is get prepared to scream alot.

#9 Posted by Pikawai (135 posts) -

I voted for Super Meat Boy, I enjoyed playing it more... but Bastion is my favorite indie game so far.

#10 Posted by advocatefish (355 posts) -

Play everything before Super Meat Boy because when you do you won't be able to feel anymore.

#11 Posted by Blackout62 (1331 posts) -

I think both these games were part of the last Humble Indie Bundle. Is that still for sale?

#12 Posted by MildMolasses (3214 posts) -

Hard to say because they are very different in what they set out to do. If your interested in working your brain, then Braid is the right choice. If you have any residual guilt from past events in your life, the SMB is the right choice

#13 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2233 posts) -

Came in here expecting you to be asking about every indy game ever and my first thought was Braid.

So yeah, Braid

#14 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

@Blackout62 said:

I think both these games were part of the last Humble Indie Bundle. Is that still for sale?

It is not.

I think both are excellent. If you want the game that is more fun go with Super Meat Boy. I personally prefer Braid though.