#1 Posted by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

#2 Edited by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

So i dont know which of these i want. i was leaning toward X-Com but i dont know Far Cry 3 looks pretty good too, and i wanted Dishonored since it was announced. Ive seen a lof of good free games with PS+ so maybe i should renew my subscription. So many choices!!!! Help me Giant Bomb!!!

#3 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

!!!!

#4 Posted by crusader8463 (14307 posts) -

XCom is always the right choice, but if you are on a budget and $50 is a rare thing for you to come by then PS+ is the no brainer You get a ton of games and by the time you beat them a new wave is ready. One bit of advice however, if you get PS+ start going to the Playstation blog site at least once or twice a week to keep up to date on what's coming out next and when.

#5 Edited by believer258 (11039 posts) -

X-Com, because I'm getting Far Cry 3 and Dishonored, damn it! (and X-Com, later on, but turn-based strategy is more your thing than mine.)

EDIT: Also, you voted for X-Com yourself. Wanna know how I know? 'Cause this thing filters what you voted for by IP address and I didn't have an option.

#6 Edited by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

XCom is always the right choice, but if you are on a budget and $50 is a rare thing for you to come by then PS+ is the no brainer You get a ton of games and by the time you beat them a new wave is ready. One bit of advice however, if you get PS+ start going to the Playstation blog site at least once or twice a week to keep up to date on what's coming out next and when.

money isnt really the issue here X-Com appeals to me because i like RTS games and the concept a turn based strategy game appeals to me. but then again Ps+is a ton of new games often

@believer258 said:

X-Com, because I'm getting Far Cry 3 and Dishonored, damn it! (and X-Com, later on, but turn-based strategy is more your thing than mine.)

doesnt matter if your getting it you will get them on pc and i will never get the chance to beat them. Dammit.

@believer258 said:

EDIT: Also, you voted for X-Com yourself. Wanna know how I know? 'Cause this thing filters what you voted for by IP address and I didn't have an option.

so i could see the results. since it wont let me until i vote.

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (11264 posts) -

XCOM. Although Dishonored is pretty good too, but XCOM will probably give you more bang for your buck.

#8 Posted by Canteu (2814 posts) -

Far Cry 3 is fucking amazing. X-Com has no replayability really once you're done sadly. But from what i've played so far of Far Cry it looks long as shit and is fun as hell.

#9 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

@crusader8463 said:

money isnt really the issue here X-Com appeals to me because i like RTS games and the concept a turn based strategy game appeals to me. but then again Ps+is a ton of new games often

@believer258 said:

doesnt matter if your getting it you will get them on pc and i will never get the chance to beat them. Dammit.

X-Com isn't an RTS. And you've been playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on here. Damn it.

#10 Edited by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

@believer258: yesterday: you had work to do and you were using a laptop so why not? Today: i did not! i played sleepy dogs! now let some other people argue with me for a little while. i live with you i can argue with you all damn day.

EDIT: also i said @living4theday258 said:

never said it was an RTS. learn to read.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (34600 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

i played sleepy dogs!

Either you mean Sleeping Dogs, or there's a cool new 3DS game I need to get in on.

#12 Posted by living4theday258 (677 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@living4theday258 said:

i played sleepy dogs!

Either you mean Sleeping Dogs, or there's a cool new 3DS game I need to get in on.

Sleeping dogs.

#13 Posted by SynticV1 (53 posts) -

X-Com is amazing if you're into strategy. Dishonored might join Sleeping Dogs in the most overlooked column.

#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14307 posts) -

@living4theday258: If money means nothing to you then get XCom and play the hell out of it.

#15 Posted by pyromagnestir (3950 posts) -

@Video_Game_King:

Are you not down with Vinny's pet name for what one of his favorite games of the year?

Also roomy drama!

I can't help, as I haven't played any of the games you listed and it's tough to recommend a year of plus without knowing what games will be available during that year. Personally I want to play XCOM the most of those three.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (34600 posts) -

@pyromagnestir:

I don't listen to the podcast, so no.

#17 Posted by CellBit (8 posts) -

It really depends what your preference is in terms of gameplay, story, replayability, and just a general fun factor. But I would personally recommend PS Plus just because you'll get a lot of different games for less than the price of one. :)

#18 Posted by ShaggE (5982 posts) -

Tough pick. Either XCOM or Far Cry 3, I'd say. Dishonored is great, but it's a lean package comparatively, if that matters to you.

#19 Posted by Gaff (1492 posts) -

E. Other.

Save the 50 bucks and steal your brother's copy.

#20 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@Gaff said:

E. Other. Save the 50 bucks and steal your brother's copy.

Can't. My copy will be on PC and digital. His will be on PS3.

#21 Posted by Kerned (1168 posts) -

XCOM is super good, but it's probably going to drop in price soon and you'll be able to pick it up at a discount. PS+ is a fantastic value for the money, and if your sub is about to lapse you may as well renew now. I haven't ever seen PS+ subscriptions for less than $50, so there is no risk in just going ahead and taking care of it now.

But you'll still need to play XCOM, seriously.

#22 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Dishonored in my opinion sucked. A lot of things interested me like the hand drawn art and the setting/style of the game, but it was really overwhelming and there was just so much shit happening at once. I quit after 2 days. Very interesting game though, I just think it was poorly executed.

#23 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Dishonored is pretty awesome and fun as hell if you actually mess around with the powers in combat. I can't comment on the other options but I know you can't go wrong giving dishonored a try.

#24 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

If getting the most bang for your buck is the issue here, PS+ is probably the correct choice, tons of free stuff and discounts and whatnot.

X-Com is awesome though, and lengthy.

#25 Posted by jsnyder82 (680 posts) -

I haven't played Far Cry 3 yet, so Dishonored, easily.