Which PSP games should come back on Sony Spartacus?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If you missed it, this is the highest tier for the new Sony Spartacus/Plus stuff:

PlayStation Plus Premium

The super-duper tier in the new PlayStation Plus service, Premium is the most expensive bundle and comes with everything.

• Provides all the benefits from Essential and Extra tiers
  • Adds up to 340 additional games, including PS3 games available via cloud streaming, a catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2, and PSP generations
  • Offers cloud streaming access for original PlayStation, PS2, PSP, and PS4 games offered in the Extra and Premium tiers in markets where PlayStation Now is currently available. Customers can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC
  • Time-limited game trials will also be offered in this tier, so customers can try select games before they buy.

It's been a hot minute since I've turned on a PSP (it's also really weird that the VITA isn't on offer? maybe later?) but I'm curious what you all would like to see from the stunningly deep library of PSP games on your Playstation 5.

Obviously everyone knows I love Metal Gear Ac!D 2 but I'd be curious to see if they manage to fix the framerate for Metal Gear AC!D 1? That game I remember as being super fun but definitely chugged a lot framerate-wise.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By gtxforza

For me, I'd say:

• Ridge Racer
  • Ridge Racer 2
  • MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
  • WipEout Pure
  • WipEout Pulse
  • Ace Combat: Skies Of Deception
  • Ace Combat: Joint Assault
  • Gradius Collection
MindBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By MindBullet

If they put Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology or the PSP version of Riviera: The Promised Land on there I'll at least sub long enough to play those again.

Maybe it deserves it's on thread, but yeah the Vita not having a presence yet is especially weird to me when the PSTV was a thing not that long ago.

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Crush was an underrated puzzle game

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Parasite Eve:The 3rd Birthday and Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth. The big hitters.

And Crisis Core would be cool to see, but I think there was some weird licensing thing with their pants or something.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 3 Portable. To my knowledge it has never been released on any other platform. I keep hoping Atlus will announce some sort of remaster of it on modern consoles for the Persona anniversary thing, but so far no dice.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just Dead or Alive Paradise. It's the only PSP game anyone needs.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#8  Edited By liquiddragon
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2 and 3
  • Lumines 2
  • Yakuza Black Panther 1 and 2
  • Metal Gear Acid 1 and 2
  • Dissidia 1 and 2
  • Pursuit Force
  • Killzone Liberation
  • Persona 2 Innocent Sin
monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By monkeyking1969

I have always been of the opinion, just because you can put something on a handheld does not mean you should. Their are some 'okay' games on PSP that really just should be played elsewhere.

• Lumines
  • N+
  • Wipeout Pure
  • Sid Meier's Pirates
  • Patapon 1-3
  • God of War: Ghost of Sparta
  • PixelJunk Monsters
  • Tekken 6
  • Killzone: Liberation
  • SOCOM U.S.: Fireteam Bravo
  • Gran Turismo PSP
  • Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
  • LocoRoco 1 - 2
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  • Valkyria Chronicles II
  • Ridge Racer

I choose these titles because they are a good mix of game. I played a good amount of Sudoku on my PSP, but -meh- games like that and Tetris can be played elsewhere.

iPhone_Tyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

Daxter, and those two Syphon Filter games.

bondfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Megaman Powered Up

Every Extend Extra

Dissidia Final Fantasy, both games

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2.

mikachops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By mikachops

Metal Gear Acid 2 and LocoRoco, easily.

Sped up versions of Final Fantasy Tactics and Valkyrie Profile would be great, too. They’re good versions of those games just with terrible loading. Might be redundant though if they’re appearing in the PS1 offering.

Looking at my collection, there’s not that much on the PSP I really need to play again. Vita though...

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

Persona 3 Portable

These two games have never been released anywhere else with the former never even getting a digital release.

therusseller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally I'd like to see Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions because I just want more FFT

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'd love to get the old Dissidias. Most of the other games I care about (Birth By Sleep, for instance) have been re-released in since way. If I hadn't just played through Crisis Core last year I'd say that, and War of the Lions is basically unplayable for me unless the get rid of the slowdown (which requires work I DOUBT they'd do). Can't say I'm super familiar with a lot of PSP exclusives outside that.

Avatar image for physicalscience
physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Persona 3 Portable. To my knowledge it has never been released on any other platform. I keep hoping Atlus will announce some sort of remaster of it on modern consoles for the Persona anniversary thing, but so far no dice.

I recently bought that digital (retail copies at my local used game store are going for over $100!) for my Vita in a random fit of Persona obsession and I just can't get into the changes where everything is a menu. It feels less immersive to me, and I found that to be a bummer. I had never played 3 before and I thought the story was pretty cool. I'd totally be down for a proper remaster of the original.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Dead Head Fred motherfucker

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely P3P.

Best version of that game and one of the only silent protagonists that I’ve ever liked with the new main character.

Avatar image for atheistpreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistpreacher said:

I recently bought that digital (retail copies at my local used game store are going for over $100!) for my Vita in a random fit of Persona obsession and I just can't get into the changes where everything is a menu. It feels less immersive to me, and I found that to be a bummer. I had never played 3 before and I thought the story was pretty cool. I'd totally be down for a proper remaster of the original.

Yep, I very much agree about the less immersive thing. I had played the PS2 FES version previously, so it helped that I could picture the missing the 3D environments. But the version everyone wants would have those missing 3D environments and the "Answer" portion of the story from FES with the female protagonist and gameplay improvements from Portable (including full direct party control). I just don't know how realistic a version like that actually is, because I'm assuming it would be a lot of work for Atlus to actually merge the two, and the financial calculus may just not work for them. But the fact that the Persona 4 Golden release on PC did so well gives me some hope. They know full well what fans want, and I for one would 1000% pre-order that thing if the crazy bastards went and did it.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Efesell

Honestly you can leave The Answer out and it won’t hurt my feelings.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

I just wanna feel bancho as fuck one last time.

Give me Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble!

FearMyFlop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bring back Work Time Fun!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's honestly the kind of curio services like this are made for.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't think of any games worth playing that haven't already been mentioned by others but I think I'm more curious on what these PSP games are going to look like blown up onto a modern television...

If I recall, PSP was sub-360p? I hope whatever emulation they run has a real nice upscaler...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Both Dissidia games.

Or just the first one tbh.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noboners:

While the display was sub 360p, I'm pretty sure PSP was able to output at 480p if you connected it to a TV.

That being said, you would hope Sony has spend some time devoloping a solution, because yeah, it's gonna look pretty shit if it's just the old resolution on my 4K TV.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@physicalscience said:
@atheistpreacher said:

Yep, I very much agree about the less immersive thing. I had played the PS2 FES version previously, so it helped that I could picture the missing the 3D environments. But the version everyone wants would have those missing 3D environments and the "Answer" portion of the story from FES with the female protagonist and gameplay improvements from Portable (including full direct party control). I just don't know how realistic a version like that actually is, because I'm assuming it would be a lot of work for Atlus to actually merge the two, and the financial calculus may just not work for them. But the fact that the Persona 4 Golden release on PC did so well gives me some hope. They know full well what fans want, and I for one would 1000% pre-order that thing if the crazy bastards went and did it.

The biggest bummer about Persona 3 is there is no definitive version of that game. FES has the best presentation and most content, Portable has full party control and the female protagonist. Both have advantages and drawbacks compared to the other. It's a pretty frustrating state of affairs. Obviously the ideal scenario is a remaster that combines all the advantages of both into one release, but if that's not feasible I think I'd honestly prefer FES be the one getting the PC release. I can deal with the lack of party control, and while not having the female MC campaign would be a loss, I think losing the full featured presentation would be a bigger loss.