Who "wins" E3? Not Microsoft

HeyMykie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By HeyMykie

After watching their E3 media briefing im so not excited for much from Microsoft this year

HeyMykie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By HeyMykie

After watching their E3 media briefing im so not excited for much from Microsoft this year

MrGetBonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrGetBonus

Well said.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ProfessorEss

I have a funny feeling we're gonna see a very similar tone from Sony's press conference.

Treygdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Treygdor

Agreed.  The only game that really interested me was MGS: Rising, and it's cross-platform.  A quiet 360 would have been nice 3 years ago.  Though the prospect of upgrading would take the sting off of an RROD (knock on wood).    

HeyMykie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HeyMykie
@ProfessorEss: no, i dont think so i think they could tweak the show, since they have about 18 to watch feedback, last year sonys conference was the best by far. sometimes going second is a good thing
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

Playable Gears of War 3 was all I needed to see. Marcus Fenix with hair that reacted to his movement blew my mind. Seems like he doesn't have a robot brain after all.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ProfessorEss
@HeyMykie said:
" @ProfessorEss: no, i dont think so i think they could tweak the show, since they have about 18 to watch feedback, last year sonys conference was the best by far. sometimes going second is a good thing "
I think the only thing Sony's tweaking right now is rounding up enough PS3's to give to everyone in the audience :P

paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By paradox121
@Treygdor: Exactly. Their big surprise announcement both having been leaked yesterday and being something they shouldve down years ago makes it feel like a bit of a letdown
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By meteora

This probably is the most likely true, unless Sony/Nintendo somehow screws up.

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CharlieTuna

EA already beat them it seems, they had a super solid catalog of games to show. If they count not being a console maker.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By gearhead

I thought it was...alright...
-ESPN is awesome. Something that's being totally overlooked but really useful
-Gears of War 3. Nuf Said
-Halo Reach. Again Nuf Said
-MGS: Reach was pretty awesome 
-Kinect's motion head tracking was awesome. Everything else...
-New redesign was pretty great 

There was definitely a lot of things that could have done like talked about arcade games, but it wasn't on the level of Nintendo 2008.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Venatio

I really hope that getting a free Xbox doesn't influence the crew's oppinions on the conference

rt44tbtb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rt44tbtb4

Anyone know where I can watch the MS Media Briefing? I only managed to catch a bit of it today, thanks. 

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By ricetopher

You know who wins E3?

People who don't give a fuck about which company has the best showing. I will watch every press conference, knowing that as a consumer I can look forward to everything they're showing off. I ain't PR for one of these companies, I don't need to have any loyalties. Games are games.

People who play games "win" E3 every year.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By bacongames

The idea that we have to pit the conferences against each other gets more ridiculous each year.

@Gearhead said:

" I thought it was...alright... -ESPN is awesome. Something that's being totally overlooked but really useful -Gears of War 3. Nuf Said -Halo Reach. Again Nuf Said -MGS: Reach was pretty awesome  -Kinect's motion head tracking was awesome. Everything else... -New redesign was pretty great   There was definitely a lot of things that could have done like talked about arcade games, but it wasn't on the level of Nintendo 2008. "

Those are pretty reasonable reasons to say Microsoft did an okay job.  A lot of Nintendo's style of conference here.
ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By ShaneDev

I stopped caring after Halo Reach and space dogfighting, skittles the tiger did not appeal to me although that new Xbox looked cool. The Sony conferences are always kinda boring with pie charts and bar graphs of how well the PS 2 is doing along with about four montages of games that are coming out and only showing two playable.  And Nintendo has nothing to appeal to me so I dont care.  

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Gearhead said:

" I thought it was...alright... -ESPN is awesome. Something that's being totally overlooked but really useful -Gears of War 3. Nuf Said -Halo Reach. Again Nuf Said -MGS: Reach was pretty awesome  -Kinect's motion head tracking was awesome. Everything else... -New redesign was pretty great   There was definitely a lot of things that could have done like talked about arcade games, but it wasn't on the level of Nintendo 2008. "

Yeah, they didn't talk about a lot of the things that I would've liked them to talk about, but as a press conference I think they did alright.

@CharlieTuna said:

" EA already beat them it seems, they had a super solid catalog of games to show. If they count not being a console maker. "

Frankly, I find the developer showings are the winners every year.
ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ch3burashka

You are all crazy. Just because not EVERYTHING appealed to you 'real' gamers doesn't mean it wasn't significant. True, there were some awkward moments but everything they did was incredible - the AAA games were amazing (especially MG:Rising) and the Kinect stuff went beyond my expectations: the exer-game from Ubi was decent, even interesting, and everything else justified the Kinect. Get over yourselves.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By AndrewB

I think Nintendo might actually have the most exciting press conference this year, at least out of the big three.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I wouldn't say they didn't "win" just yet. They had a hardware revision, a motion control thing that while I may not want it it looks cooler than what Sony and Nintendo are offering, and they unveiled a good number of new games. Microsoft had a very full conference this year.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Three0neFive
@ricetopher said:
"

You know who wins E3?

People who don't give a fuck about which company has the best showing. I will watch every press conference, knowing that as a consumer I can look forward to everything they're showing off. I ain't fucking PR for one of these companies, I don't need to have any loyalties. Games are games.

People who play games "win" E3 year.

"
Holy fuck this, this and this. A thousand times this.

It continues to amaze me that people think in such binary terms as "win" and "lose" when it comes to something like this. Such people must be incredibly simple-minded, it's a wonder I can even understand a single fucking thing that comes out of their mouths.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By TheKidNixon

I was sold on Kinetic as a piece of tech today, not because of any of the games (though Ubisoft fitness game looks promising), but just the way that it streamlines the UI pieces and some impressive promises for the future. The head tracking stuff is REALLY impressive, especially for a piece of tech at the buy-in price. The video conferencing really blew my mind (even if the conversation was awful) and that little TV tab has my interest piqued.  Add the fact that I already use my 360 as my all-purpose media device with Netflix and Last.FM, and the Kinetic is extremely impressive. 

I'm not going to say that Microsoft is going to "win" E3, whatever the hell that means, but in terms of convincing people to buy their fancy new toy, then score at least one.

shiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By shiggy

Agreed

pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pepsipat1
@CH3BURASHKA:
You need to wake up and smell the bs. The first half was good and the second half was crap. It was god awful. 
As Jim sterling would put it,"

HERP DERP DERP LET'S SPEND ALL THE MONEY THAT HAS EVER BEEN PRINTED IN AMERICA SO WE CAN USE GAME JOURNALISTS AS UNWITTING ACCOMPLICES IN A RIDICULOUS MTV COMMERCIAL FOR OUR EYETOY! ALSO, CIRQUE DU SOLEIL!

HERP DERP DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRP!!"

Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By SomethingClever
@ricetopher said:
"

You know who wins E3?

People who don't give a fuck about which company has the best showing. I will watch every press conference, knowing that as a consumer I can look forward to everything they're showing off. I ain't PR for one of these companies, I don't need to have any loyalties. Games are games.

"
Pretty much what I would have said but you saved me the effort.  Still I wanted to hop on board officially and twist the AvP slogan a bit, whoever wins, we win.  I saw some good looking stuff and some things that showed some promise and also some things that didn't really appeal to me at all.  I'm sure that will be the same through the rest of E3.  I look forward to all of it.
owen99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By owen99

just finished watching the ea press conference and i feel upbeat. some really good games on show, was dissapointed with MS showing but what do u expect when they dont have many first party studios. it costs money to develop big budget games and it costs alot of money for MS to get games exclusive to their system. Ms will be using their budget on enticing devs to make natal games not big budget standard xbox games i think.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ravensword

It amazes me Brad and Ryan were all jazzed about the conference. Maybe I missed something when watching it. Now where going to get people saying "Well, they said that because they got a free XBOX" and honestly, none of us can prove thats not the case with some journalists since we cant read their mind. We can only hope it didnt waver their take on the conference.
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By TheKidNixon
@PepsiPat said:
" @CH3BURASHKA:
You need to wake up and smell the bs. The first half was good and the second half was crap. It was god awful. 

Y'know, because stuff like that is objective fact...
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By Belonpopo

They thought that the new Xbox 360 would be a jaw-dropper. I wasn't.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#31  Edited By wefwefasdf

Gears 3 and Reach were probably the best part of the show. The rest was almost painfully corny.

Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Burns098356GX

I'm 100% confident Sony will be displaying similar crap. 

Nintendo is Nintendo.

viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By viney212
@ricetopher said:
"

You know who wins E3?

People who don't give a fuck about which company has the best showing. I will watch every press conference, knowing that as a consumer I can look forward to everything they're showing off. I ain't fucking PR for one of these companies, I don't need to have any loyalties. Games are games.

"
 I pretty much agree, although competition tends to directly inspire innovation.  With that in mind, I full-heartedly support the big 3 trying to one-up each other with their fans egging them on.  With everyone criticizing and comparing a poor, or lacking presentation or whatever, to the better shows, they tend to listen and step it up next go around.  I also could really care less about which one comes out on top, but as a gamer that likes new games and good surprises, I certainly hope the companies care.
pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By pepsipat1
@TheKidNixon:
meh my logic sounds better.