Why no one talks about many curtain MMOs these days?

Avatar image for winteralligator
WinterAlligator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WinterAlligator

Its kind of strange that everyone talk about curtain MMOs like Tribes Ascends or League of Legends etc., but why is it that so many other MMOs are being left out or tossed to the side(or garbage bin) for more better and popular MMOs, even new MMO IPs are being pushed to the side for the sake of being to similar to other MMOs, so with that out of the way. What I would like to ask is, are there any MMO games you play that are not regarded as great or good MMOs? My games are Elsword Online, Rusty Hearts and SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online.

Edit: sorry, wrong games, other MMOs like Forsaken World, 7 Souls, and C9. yes MOBA aren't MMOs but they are some what recognized as such. Same goes to FPS as well. But why so many now?

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

I don't really consider a "MOBA" game an MMO, since it's usually just 5v5. That's hardly "massive."

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By shinboy630

@WinterAlligator said:

curtain MMOs like Tribes Ascends or League of Legends

wut?

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By crusader8463

Because there are a metric shit ton of crappy MMO's being shoved out the door, and the genre as a rule takes many many hours of gameplay to review. So combine the two and you got your answer. Not many places have the desire/manpower to sift through all the crap to talk about the one or two that are not compete garbage.

As for your other question, I played City of Heroes from the day it came out until it went F2P. I also loved Earth and Beyond before EA ruined the balance and shut it down shortly after. Some of my best memories with a game was Earth and Beyond. Wish I had a way to keep in contact with a couple of the guys that were in my guild in that game. I guess The Old Republic counts in there too since I never hear anything but people bitching and moaning about it even though I strongly suspect next to none of them have ever played the game. Really looking forward to seeing where EA takes that game.

Avatar image for winteralligator
WinterAlligator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WinterAlligator

@crusader8463: The thing is is that I can't find myself going back to Forsaken World because the gameplay is so boring and that customization is very limited and even the clothing in the game looks bland and boring as well, SDGO on the other hand is good but not great, Mobile Suit are ranked differently but that getting curtain Mobile Suits will be harder than getting garge space for more units. Its in open Beta now and that they now finally released S Ranks units for the game. But balance is part of the problem for SDGO, its also many players in the game play Melee units too much.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Pffft, it's all about kitchen utensil MMOs now.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By falling_fast

I'm into venetian blinds mmos, personally.