Wii U, PS3 or Xbox360?

slongva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slongva

The past console generation I've not played anything other than the biggest titles on the Wii.

When the new console is released (I'm european): Should i go buy the new console, or should i just buy a used xbox360/PS3 and a bunch of games?

I like adventure games, platform games (a.k.a. Mario/Zelda-games). I've never tried Uncharted, Assasins Creed, Batman, Portal 2, Prince of Persia, Metal Gear Solid, The Witcher.

So: Wii U, PS3 or Xbox360?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

I have all of them consoles, and I'd recommend getting the PS3. Only place you can play the majority of those games you listed by which I mean MGS and Uncharted as well as the multiplatform stuff. Maybe get the Wii U when the price drops, and maybe play the Witcher on the PC?

SeanFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SeanFoster

I say get a Playstation 3, sign up for Playstation Plus and get access to back catalog games for free (as long as you're a Plus member). Xbox 360 is a great console but for the types of games you enjoy, PS3 has more appealing exclusives in my opinion. 360 is the way to go if you're into shooters and online competitive multiplayer gaming.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

PS3 and Playstation Plus, best way forward.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By huntad

At this point it really doesn't even matter anymore. Both consoles are filled with shooters (Uncharted is a shooter). Not only that, but neither consoles have great exclusives nowadays.

I think out of the games you listed, the Witcher 2, Batman, and the AC series are the best kind of adventure games. You need to look at the console's back catalog of games, because that's where the difference is at this point.

Just type in PS3 exclusives/Xbox 360 exclusives into google and compare which console suits you best. I always advise people to look at the multiplatform games they play and see if the PS3 has bugs/glitches/problems with said game. Keep that in mind before you choose.

GS_Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By GS_Dan

Playstation Plus is a hell of a deal, especially seeing as you haven't played any of those games. Plus, BluRay and free online. PS3.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jdh5153

I'd get a used 360. If you've played a Wii you won't see anything new on the WiiU. My buddy bought one the other day and is already regretting it. Everything's exactly the same, but you get a DS (the controller) with it. The games so far are pretty generic and boring. If you've never had a real gaming console (Xbox, PS3) you'll get a TON of enjoyment out of either one. If you go refurbished you could end up getting a 360 and PS3 for the price of a WiiU.

I'd get the 360 and start with Halo. Halo Anniversary, Halo 3, Reach and Halo 4. Then get Forza 4, one of the best simulation racing games ever made. Beyond that there are so many great games on both the 360 and PS3 that will blow your mind if you've only played a Wii.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By billyhoush

I've owned a Wii, 360, and PS3. I recommend PS3. It has great exclusives you can get now for cheap and PSN+ is awesome.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thegoldencat7

They're all good choices, whatever floats your boat.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By penguindust

PS3 because of the free online and there are more exclusives overall than on 360. If you have to play Halo, Forza or Alan Wake, then the 360. If you can be satisfied with the plethora of other multi-console shooters, Gran Torismo 5 and Heavy Rain, then PS3 is the way to go. The competitive online community is larger on the 360, though so there is that consideration.

My real answer was upgrade your PC and get stuff off Steam for cheap, but that wasn't an option.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By FreakAche

Wii U and PC