#1 Edited by rawrsair (819 posts) -

Hey guys, do you think Sony will keep to their promise of bringing back the store by the end of this month? Or do you think they'll delay it further?

Edit: Just read this article - it makes some interesting points, but i'm still skeptical.

As usual nothing is really concrete when it comes to discussing the ETA of the PlayStation Store and this is because Sony fears that it might not be able to fill its promise to the consumer which could result in more hate if the date rolls around and still no PlayStation Store to be found. Remember when they said that the PlayStation Network should be up within a week and it wasn’t? How many people, articles and reports were made about this? Sony doesn’t want the same mistake to reoccur so it isn’t giving us an ETA on the PlayStation Store until it’s absolutely sure it’s fine to bring it back, but maybe if we all think about it, the PlayStation Store will be public again tomorrow and here’s some of the reasons why I think it will be.

Sony has notified everyone before a week in advance that there will be a maintenance taking place, yet there was one this week without us even being notified or even knowing what they were actually doing behind the scenes. PSN has been up and down during this week, maintenance or not, which actually seems quite fishy. Maybe the PStore is being tested every time PSN is down? Then again maybe not but when has Sony ever given us the heads up for a maintenance a week in advance?

The PStore is normally updated on Tuesday, so it would make sense if it returns during tomorrow’s maintenance and not only that but there was strong rumours a week before pinpointing that the store will be returning last Tuesday which further supports the speculation that it will be returning after tomorrows maintenance.

Another reason is it could be tied to the Welcome Back programme they have set up once the PStore is back. They said the games will be available to download for a whole month, so if you think logically why would Sony open the store on the 27th May when it can just open the PStore on the 31st May and tell everyone a month from now which would be June 1st, that’s when the Welcome Back programme will be expiring. It would make it less difficult for the public to memorise and it makes more sense rather than it expiring sometime like the for example, 28th June.

Final reason is because the developers waiting any longer, with each day the PStore is late more developers are becoming angrier. The reason is once the PStore is back up it will be flooded with new content and some content will without a doubt get overshadowed. We know Sony is planning to release games and other content more than once a week so with maybe more than 2 updates during a week, content is guaranteed to be overshadowed.

Which brings us back to tomorrow, as you can see many strong rumours and ideas which certainly make sense to why the PStore should return tomorrow, hopefully. Do you guys think it will be returning tomorrow?

#2 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

STORE UNDER MAINTENANCE, FUCK YOU FOR TRYING TO ACCESS IT, HAVE A GOOD DAY.

#3 Posted by rawrsair (819 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
I'll take that as a no they'll delay it then ;)
#4 Posted by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

Wait it's STILL down? I thought it was supposed to come back on the 24th????

#5 Posted by Castiel (2528 posts) -

Nope it will never come back.

#6 Posted by Rockdalf (1274 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
Wait it's STILL down? I thought it was supposed to come back on the 24th????
Get out of her STALKER, your kind is not welcome here.
#7 Posted by rawrsair (819 posts) -
@Castiel said:
Nope it will never come back.
Certainly feels that way, hope that's not the case though... haha
#8 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

I doubt it, probably will be more like the start of June/Middle of June

#9 Posted by CarpetRemnant (369 posts) -

I hope it comes back but it would be CRAZY if it was still down by E3. I'd like to see how they'd spin that.

#10 Posted by DrMcKittrick (231 posts) -

My money is on it not returning till next week.

#11 Posted by Vexxan (4615 posts) -

PS3 re-launch @ E3 '11.

#12 Posted by OmegaChosen (644 posts) -

Well, tomorrow's their deadline if they're going to do it. Really can't say one way or the other personally.

#13 Posted by Leafhopper (228 posts) -

They said a more vauge looking "End of May" kind of deal who knows that that means though.

#14 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

They said they would update the Store Tuesdays and Fridays. Since tomorrow is the end of May and Tuesday it could be up tomorrow. Hopefully.

#15 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i heard that may 31st everything would be up on ps3. i don't know i think they might get it working again.

#16 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosooooooooope.

#17 Posted by Kontrapunkt (413 posts) -

Bring it back during the press conference, have the NGP access it.

#18 Posted by Sarkhan (1196 posts) -

I think it will be back the 7th. With a store blowout :O  

SSF:AE here we come. :)
#19 Posted by Bones8677 (3210 posts) -

I doubt it.

#20 Posted by Hailinel (23868 posts) -

Somewhere, the PixelJunk crew is continuously IMing the Sony network staff.

"Is it up yet?"
"No."
"Is it up yet?"
"No!"
"is it up yet?"
"NO, FFS."

#21 Posted by Fleppie (200 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
Somewhere, the PixelJunk crew is continuously IMing the Sony network staff.  "Is it up yet?" "No." "Is it up yet?" "No!" "is it up yet?" "NO, FFS."
Lol, but seriouly. Brong the damn thing back up!!! It's taking way too long!
#22 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I doubt it.

#23 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
Somewhere, the PixelJunk crew is continuously IMing the Sony network staff.  "Is it up yet?" "No." "Is it up yet?" "No!" "is it up yet?" "NO, FFS."
Made me laugh. Very nice sir !
#24 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I kinda doubt it, but it would be awesome if it was.

#25 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Nope.  It'll be back up around June or the middle of June.  I'm calling it.

#26 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
I would be way more comfortable if it said that. Instead that default message pisses me off all the time. 
#27 Edited by Portis (1285 posts) -

Nope. I'm calling it.

#28 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I'm starting to find this whole fiasco with Sony to be very, very funny.

#29 Posted by 617_jbug (343 posts) -
#30 Posted by tekshow (67 posts) -

my fingers are crossed! It's just that Sony's responses have been as political as possible. Very non-committal as if that makes them somehow less accountable. It'll be a total farce if it's not fully up and running by E3 and it'll put a bad taste in everyone's mouth that will ripple out from the show. They better at least fully and completely acknowledge it, or this could get even worse for business, quick. 

#31 Posted by TheSilentTruth (1106 posts) -

I bought a copy of inFAMOUS on Amazon just to see if it would come in the mail before the PlayStation Store gets back online. Bought the game on Friday last week and the delivery date ETA is this Wednesday.

#32 Edited by ivhuro (14 posts) -
@617_jbug: well then its official. I can't wait! 

Edit: looks like Japan will still have to wait.
#33 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

So the store will be up shortly, then? 

Thank GOD, this was just getting SILLY.

#34 Posted by Muerthoz (347 posts) -

Somehow I think Tuesday will be a no-go since today was a holiday.