Will The Big News Before E3 Mean Great Conferences?

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I know we all here get a little excited about E3, but this year's looks like it could be pretty good. After Sony and Microsoft have made kind of major announcements just before the event (the big indie announcement and the price drop/Kinect dump), does this mean that their press conferences are packed to the gills with stuff? Jeff seemed to think that sort of thing on Twitter when the Microsoft news came out, so what do you duders think?

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I think it's more likely that MS announced it now because they either were nervous about retail leaks, and/or because they didn't want "Xbox 180" to be the message of E3. I wouldn't read too much into them announcing this now.

The Sony indie thing? Was that all the indie games they announced coming to the platform? Eh, I dunno. But if that one "insider" is to be believed, they'll have ton of exciting stuff (The Last Guardian!!). I'll need to see it to believe it though.

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No, I don't think so. I think both conferences will focus on big first and third party titles (Microsoft will demo Call of Duty, Sony will demo Assassins Creed, etc).

Honestly with the console launches out of the way this could be one of the best E3 in awhile as far as game announcements and gameplay demo's. Even Microsoft blowing the lid off of Sunset Overdrive already instead of the conference (which I was impressed by) shows that the conference is going to have some pretty impressive games in it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know, but I'm interested in seeing this DLC for infamous:Second Son.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No. Do you really want to proudly announce on stage that the thing you believed in and championed for was a bad idea? They caved. That's not something you announce on an E3 stage. That's a press release.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gaff

I hope so.

On the other hand, Sony's indie stuff and Microsoft's folding chair routine don't really go over well in front of a mainstream audience. We'll probably still get the same routine of how well their consoles are doing. Well, at least one of them.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EthanielRain

I think it'll be a great E3 just because it's covering the 1-2 year period after console release. Traditionally this is when GAAAMES!!

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah, I feel like Microsoft is just trying to "get it out of the way". But hopefully the new Halo impresses or they have some surprise announcements... because otherwise things will look pretty grim.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microsoft is replacing Kinect with a motion sensitive waffle maker. They will directly compete with Denny's ,IHOP & Waffle House. It herald in a golden age of video games & breakfast foods. The console wars will be over. MS will be triumphant.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just looking forward to see how much Microsoft are going to support the 360 over the next year, I still love my 360, sorry if that isn't exactly the most exciting or progressive trend for the industry but fuck it, I'm not going next gen for a good while yet.

I also really just want to SEE a new Zelda, I don't have a Wii U and I'm not sure even that would push me into buying one but I would still freak out if I saw a new Zelda.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I feel like Microsoft is just trying to "get it out of the way". But hopefully the new Halo impresses or they have some surprise announcements... because otherwise things will look pretty grim.

MS actually has things on the horizon. I don't even know what Sony has this year.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Carryboy

Did someone say bad news?

No Caption Provided

Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14  Edited By Leafhopper

I think the Kintectless XB1 is the biggest thing, news wise we will get before E3. I hope I am wrong but yeah hopefully it will be just about games.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm genuinely excited for the MS conference. Horizon 2 BELIEVE

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just want to see what are the big tentpole releases to look forward to between holiday this year and next year, with how much being get announced already this E3 is gonna directly be about the games, so it should be great.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really hope we get more really dumb stabs at Microsoft from Sony

Loading Video...

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping for some damn Crackdown 3

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrighteous86 said:

MS actually has things on the horizon. I don't even know what Sony has this year.

That wasn't me playing the fanboy. I honestly don't have much from either company that makes me want to rush out and buy the next-gen systems yet. On PS4, it's just updated versions of PS3 games, and on One, it's just Dead Rising 3. On the horizon I want Uncharted and Halo, but I can't think of any other announced games that I'm waiting for.

Do you have any specifics that I may have forgotten?

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the obvious answer is

No.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also really just want to SEE a new Zelda, I don't have a Wii U and I'm not sure even that would push me into buying one but I would still freak out if I saw a new Zelda.

Prepare to freak out! A new Zelda for the Wii U is one of the few things Nintendo have actually confirmed for E3.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frymillstrum

@pinner458 said:

Prepare to freak out! A new Zelda for the Wii U is one of the few things Nintendo have actually confirmed for E3.

No shit!? How did I not hear this?! I follow Nintendo with fleeting interest but I still try to keep up with the major stuff and that is MAJOR! Unless you're talking about that bullshit Zelda game that's focused on combat? Please don't break my heart.... I want a LoZ game not some spin-off Link's Archery garbage, lol.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

depends, this is a lot like when Microsoft unveiled the Xbone before E3 in hopes to show off "games." I say that in quotes because, everyone was still on the DRM and then that got removed a week after e3. But one of the best examples of ruining a E3 presentation was when Kotaku spoiled Sony's event by revealing Playstation Home.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't know about "great" but I'd say everyone, especially MS, will have a proper focus and know what people are looking for this time out.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I don't know. I do know we've definitely had years where large amounts of news was coming out before the press conferences and then the conferences themselves were just rehashing the old news and focused on Kinect and Move a bunch. It was dreadful. I hope that won't ever happen again.