Windows 8 Game - Finger Fight

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Blastroid

Not sure what section to put this in as there is not Windows 8 Game section only a Windows Phone section. I am not really trying to advertise but this post is game related. Been a gamer and programmer most of my life. I always wanted to create my own game but still have yet to come up with that great concept and run with it. Until my magic moment comes I decided to go ahead and create a game any game I could think of just to get my feet wet and at least say I have something at least.

Awhile back I bought a couple of Windows 8 tablets and am fascinated by the touch controls. The games that interest me the most with tablets is head to head games where you and a friend can both use the tablet and play a game. Almost like a virtual board game when and where you want it. Now most head to head games you take turns or the screen is divided because there is no way the screen would know which of the 2 players touched the screen. With Finger Fight I came up with the concept that the direction you slide your finger fun determines which player you are. With that concept in mine you now can fight over the same play area and I can keep score for each player. Titled Finger Fight because you are literally bumping fingers while playing.

The concept of the game is to slide more panels over than the other player. You can un-slide the others players tiles and take a point from them and give it to yourself. After the time limit a finger is declared the winner.

The game is free if you have Windows 8 / 8 RT / 8.1 in the Windows Store:

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/15c5ffed-fa40-4dca-b116-64d473ae7600

If I am not allowed to post such as message I understand but the Giant Bomb community is my game family and this is gaming related so I thought I would share.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Let me know if you try it how it is for a first game attempt. Thanks for reading.