Would you like to see the Bombcrew during Quick Looks?

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

I find it a bit surprising with the site so personality focused and video focused, one of the sites most prolific feature doesn't show the crew.

Is this something you'd like to see?

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Nah, not unless it involves a Kinect or Move controller.. or a basketball.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I for one would like to see their reactions sometimes but i can comprehend that it would be a bit more difficult to do for every single quick look.

Evan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like that the Quick Looks are just about the games themselves. I enjoy seeing the guys on UPF and other features all around the site, but I don't think the Quick Looks need to have real human beings taking up part of the screen. There are already plenty of opportunities to see them all play games.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

UPF sort of fills that urge to stare at Jeff's face for me.

I'm usually not watching QLs that intently unless I'm really interested in the game. Having their face on the video wouldn't add much for me.

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Harpell

No, the Quick Looks are about the games in my opinion. That is one thing I hate about the average Youtube gaming channels. I don't need to see someone's ugly or not so ugly mug taking up half the screen. I want to see the game.

It's fine for things like UPF, which is basically just them hanging out with some games. The good old Spookin' w/ Scoops segments made good use of it too, since the whole point of it was to see cool spooky games, and how spooked they made Scoops. But Quick Looks should definitely avoid that, unless it is necessary to demonstrate the game, like the Kinect example @citizencoffeecakegave.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Nah.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The fact that having faces in a box in the corner has become the default on Youtube is annoying. I am glad Giant Bomb Quick Looks don't feature them.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, this isn't twitch, also their dialogue is engaging enough, I think streamers show themselves to be more appealing to viewers, getting a sense of connection without actually being there. Kinda grimy.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I don't need to stare at peoples faces while watching game play. It causes a lot of people to overact on every single little thing trying to make their videos more entertaining to watch.

Also, unless every box is in the same position, the Best Of videos would be a lot harder to watch/edit.

elvicerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes I would, but that's only when I don't care much for the game they're looking at. So it's probably better the way they do it now.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not at all, there's no need for it.

SaFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really. It's too distracting and takes up unnecessary space. unless it's one of those kinect quick looks they've done before. Those are great.

michael_katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. On features where they do have faces there is always some compromise as to what they cover up in the game or shrink the whole game down. QLs are the purest form of game vids on the site so covering the game up seems counter productive.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hassun

While the green screen/Kinect/Move/etc. Quick looks are some of my favourites I definitely don't need to see a person's face during a regular quick look. That always feels like one step removed from those dreadful "react" videos. Nope. Nope. Nope.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless they go with a mst3k style silhouette, I am not interested. Actually they probably should start doing an mst3k style silhouette.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Substance_D

It makes sense for Metal Gear Scanlon, but I don't think it would work well for Quick Looks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

No only for Kinect games and UPF sort of already fills the void of Giant Bomb staff hanging out on the couch playing some video games. I'd much rather my Quick Looks to be all gameplay with the occasional off gameplay camera shot for some Giant Bomb fun.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

#20  Edited By audioBusting
Nah
Nah

Frybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, it's okay in UPF, but i don't see the need in Quicklooks where it'd be people staring blankly at screens like 90% of the time (as one mostly does playing games)

dietomaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noooope.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely not.

HnNaldoR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quick looks have an appeal outside of GB fans.

It is high up the list in google/youtube searches and is comparable to totalbiscuit's WTF is in searches. The people searching for these videos dont care about who is the ones doing the cideo, si faces are not really needed.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only if Dan will be hit in one of them.

ames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I'd mind either way :)

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No thanks :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the guys should team up with teens react to and old people react, I'm sure these YouTube greats would work so well with the GB crew. On second thought no maybe more of Dan just throwing up?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm fine either way. It's fun to see reactions to certain games, but since the vast majority of games can barely drum up any noteworthy reactions from most people, the lack of facecam doesn't really hurt if you ask me.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Quicklooks are not YouTube 'Lets Plays', the products are different - content vs personality. Giant Bomb doesn't have to show their faces (or their pecks) to show off a game because they are not 'selling' their personas for views.

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Scare cams are a terrible thing for twitch streams and youtube lets plays, and it'd be a terrible idea for quick looks.

Kasswara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way, quick looks are all about the games.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By glots

Not so much in Quick Looks, but I don't mind seeing their reactions to something highly amusing happening in-game during shows like UPF or other streams. Alex here's a good example at around 54:15

Loading Video...

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

QLs not so much unless if it involves some green screen motion control madness.

If they do a QL of a VR game, I'd probably like to see a camera on their head while they're playing since it's amusing

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nah. They getting plenty face time in other features. Using up screen real estate just for their faces would be lame. Doing it for the Kinect kind of stuff is really the only time it makes sense.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Facecams are for Let's Plays not Quick Looks. Plus we have UPF, Rocket League and VinnyVania.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Not particularly during Quick Looks. Many times they show segments that they already have seen, so the potential to getting really surprising moments is undermined there...

There are features that include them (or should), as others have said, like UPF, MG Scanlon, Breaking Brad or VinnyVannia...

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I am glad to see that everyone shares my opinion. Keep faces out of Quick Looks.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No for Quick Looks, yes but not necessary for features.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I am glad to see that everyone shares my opinion. Keep faces out of Quick Looks.

I think we all know there are times for faces or bodies to be shown, like any Kinect games or when Dan beats PunchOut. But we can all agree Quicklooks and Unfinished segments are not typically 'enhanced' by seeing GB staff. Also, we have to remember mo' cameras mean mo' problems. If they have to set up a camera for QL and UF segments that just adds time to the editing process. Asking for that LITERALLY would add hours of work to each day's content....adding that means we see the people in production roles even less than we do now.

I like seeing Jason - even what little we do now is a treat I would not give up. The sad fact is Jason is super cool. Sad because if they hired some boring pile of shit, it wouldn't matter if we never saw THAT guy; but they hired Jason who is awesome.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that the community seems in unison on this issue gives me hope for humanity.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Facecam them while they react to their own whacky Photoshops!! Wowee! Also, I think they should bring out that sound effects table from the podcast room! Let's get silly, bros! BOING-OING-OING. AWOOGA.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OurSin_360

You must pay premium to see their faces!

In all seriousness, i think it would take away from the point of the quick look which is to showcase the game. Other content is to showcase their personalities so it makes more sense there.

Personally i would like a video version of the podcast (even if it just premium or something). I used to be into the G4 podcast back in the day and enjoyed the video aspect of it.