Would You Want a "Just show me the results"-Button on Polls?

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Poll Would You Want a "Just show me the results"-Button on Polls? (84 votes)

Yes 45%
No 11%
Don't care 7%
Just show me the results 37%

One would think it would be easy to implement, no?

• 
MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The way it is now encourages you to participate which means, hopefully, more accurate polls.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

The way it is now encourages you to participate which means, hopefully, more accurate polls.

Basically this. It like to see what the giant bomb community thinks about something.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

While it may encourage participation it also skews the polls as members who are curious about the results but don't have an opinion either way are forced to vote in order to see the mood of the masses. For example, lets say you made a poll asking which of the two consoles you intend to buy first, Orbis or Durango. If you don't plan to buy either, or you haven't made up your mind yet, your forced to vote on one even though that's not how you actually feel. Yes, we can solve this by providing more options in polls, but adding a "show me the results" button, frees the poll creator from that one additional necessity to remember.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4 MooseyMcMan  Online

No. People need to take a stance on these things!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd get behind a built in "other motherfucker" button, though.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Lol, no.

It makes people that just want to see the results but aren't interested in voting just choose a random option in order to see the results, which makes polls a whole lot more inaccurate.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:

@mistasparkle

said:

Lol, no.

It makes people that just want to see the results but aren't interested in voting just choose a random option in order to see the results, which makes polls a whole lot more inaccurate.

I think if the poll were important enough for you to want to click on the thread to see what everyone else thought, you would probably wanna share your input too.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@snail

said:

@mistasparkle

said:

Lol, no.

I think if the poll were important enough for you to want to click on the thread to see what everyone else thought, you would probably wanna share your input too.

Nope. Sometimes I'm curious about something from a completely disinterested perspective.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: But more often than not, I would assume people are coming from an interested perspective. Also, polls are more rare than your average post. I think it makes sense to have a 'show results' button if this forum was mainly made up of polls because then it would get annoying, but usually there aren't too many polls at one time, so I don't think there's a huge need for this.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes please! I've been adding my own "See Results" button on my polls for a while, it would be nice to just have it built in.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Yes please! I've been adding my own "See Results" button on my polls for a while, it would be nice to just have it built in.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Absolutely, yes. I've skipped a large number of polls because I didn't want to vote, particularly when the choices are between a bunch of stupid/offensive things.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah. I can't believe that isn't a thing yet.

Avatar image for warlockengineermoredakka
WarlockEngineerMoreDakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@believer258: But more often than not, I would assume people are coming from an interested perspective.

This is a relatively dangerous assumption to make good sir. :P

Regardless of a person's knowledge or interest on a subject- do you have any idea how hard it is to resist the urge to randomly vote on every poll we have limited knowledge of and no informed or fully formed opinion on, just to see the numbers? D:

I know it is for me... >_>

Now, if the constant urge to see numbers wasn't a thing, then I would probably end up agreeing with you and say there is no need for a 'see the results' button.

But... As it is, I have to agree with Snail and Believer here. We don't know exactly how many people on this site vote on polls just for the sake of seeing numbers- but its probably a high enough number that we'll want to compensate. :P

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I agree with this. The polls wouldnt be the polls without the other motherfucker option.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockengineermoredakka: I mean absolutely no offense in saying this, but I still think that the number of people who come in to a poll with legitimate interest far outweighs those who come in just to see numbers. Coincidentally, a poll could settle this, but not really because apparently people would just pick either option randomly just to see the results...

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistasparkle

said:

@snail

said:

@mistasparkle

said:

Lol, no.

Nope. Sometimes I'm curious about something from a completely disinterested perspective.

Precisely. Sometimes I want to know what people think about, oh say, post-punk bands, and I know next to nothing about post-punk.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@toowalrus

said:

I agree with this.The polls wouldnt be the polls without the other motherfucker option.

third this.