Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Humanity

June 17th :: Now Serving: Charlie Murder / SSF4: AE

Games with Gold is entering the semi-almost-there-big-leagues with their game choices for June!

June 1-15: Dark Souls

No Caption Provided

Everyones favorite (second best) game in the souls franchise! You may have heard your friends talking about this game, and talking about, and never ever shutting up about it! Now it's your chance to shine and visit the beautiful land of Boletaria Lordran. Can you link the fires and the incredibly obscure plot fragments to become the savior of the land? Now you can find out, for free!

June 16-30: Charlie Murder / Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Not into all that RPG nonsense? Well no sweat, Charlie Murder has you covered with a classic dose of beat 'em up. It may not be a great game, but it's free! In celebration of Games with Gold crossing the one year anniversary mark, the evil corporate overlords at Microsoft decided to throw in an extra game of Street Fighter, for free.

But WAIT! There's more! In addition to all of this, if you own a fancy new Xbox One (XBO) console, you will also receive fantabylous prizes. Max: The Curse of Brotherhood and Halo: Spartan Assault are coming straight at you for free. Enjoy last gens slim pickings on your new gen console. Hey, I mean, they're free..

Vahleticar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well great I already own them and don't care for Charlie murder. I find that with a lot of these Xbox gold deals

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By KaneRobot

This is a good start for revamped GwG. From what I've seen, MS has done nothing but good since around the time Titanfall came out (which isn't hard since they botched so much stuff prior to that, but still).

Already have the SF game, but I suppose I'll finally at least mess around with Dark Souls even though it doesn't seem like something I'd be into. Charlie Murder looked like something I'd be willing to spend maybe 5 bucks on, so free is nice.

As far as XBone, looks like Microsoft has found a way to keep my "I own every Halo game" streak intact, because I had zero urge to touch Spartan Assault.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd share the antagonistic tone, but mostly because I recently decided to drop back into Dark Souls on the 360, found the performance intolerable, switched over to PC because there just happened to be a crazy cheap sale, and found an almost impenetrable game transformed into something challenging but fun. Maybe a touch too late to play that on last-gen.

Also from what I've seen of that Halo game, I wouldn't actually want to play it. I just wish I'd jumped on Games with Gold when Civ Rev was available, but then I suppose buying it outright would save me money in the long run.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vahleticar: Well they're offering games from a generation that more or less ended, so if you kept up current with new releases over the years then yah, that might be the case quite often.

@kanerobot: Heck yah, free is about as low as the entry bar is gonna get.

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Dark Souls seems cool and I will definitely be grabbing that street fighter.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a friendly reminded to people that from TODAY you can get Super Street Fighter 4: AE with Gold - which happily ties together with the Ultra upgrade.