#1 Edited by bigjeffrey (4166 posts) -

So far, so good for the Xbox One.

Xbox chief marketing officer Yusef Mehdi just spoke at the Citi Global Technology Conference and said Microsoft is now in full production for the Xbox One and producing in mass with plans still on for a November 2013 launch.

About one month after improving the GPU clock speed, Mehdi added that Microsoft just made another technical boost by upgrading the CPU performance to 1.75 GHZ from 1.6 GHZ.

Mehdi wouldn’t reveal a launch date — the PlayStation 4 comes out Nov. 15 — but did say that the system is “really going to shine.”

“This will be the biggest launch we’ve ever done by a wide margin in terms of units shipped at launch,” Mehdi said.

Mehdi also had some interesting insights on the Xbox One policy reversals, the $499 price point and how the Xbox business will change with Microsoft’s big re-organization. Stay tuned for more.

^^^^

Xbox One now being made, only 2 more month for DAT next gen console goodness.

MS DUDE Confirms

#2 Posted by Humanity (7965 posts) -

More ghz more fun!

#3 Posted by JasonR86 (9379 posts) -

They are going to lose so much money when they drop the price.

#4 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -

Fuck yea!

#5 Edited by fisk0 (3294 posts) -

Oh, judging by the topic I thought they planned to compete with the NES.

#6 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4281 posts) -

Neat!

#7 Edited by KittyVonDoom (445 posts) -

Interesting? But I'll wait for the Kinect-free version that comes with a copy of Titanfall :3

#8 Posted by jimmyfenix (3682 posts) -

Fuck yea!

Mr Ludacris would like to have a word with you.

#9 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

You oopsed the title. Either that, or my 386 is faster than the Xbox One.

#10 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

You oopsed the title. Either that, or my 386 is faster than the Xbox One.

#11 Edited by shinjin977 (707 posts) -

Interesting? But I'll wait for the Kinect-free version that comes with a copy of Titanfall :3

This man right here, he speaks truth!

#12 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4030 posts) -
#13 Posted by Zelyre (983 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

They are going to lose so much money when they drop the price.

Why's that? It's the same exact hardware.

#14 Edited by Video_Game_King (34618 posts) -

TWEET GOES HERE

Yes, I....can't quote the tweet, for some reason. But I understand rudimentary math, Twitter person.

#15 Posted by EVO (3782 posts) -

Thread title is bugging me.

#16 Posted by JasonR86 (9379 posts) -

@zelyre:

Because I said so and reading is for jerks.

#17 Posted by bigjeffrey (4166 posts) -

@bigjeffrey said:

TWEET GOES HERE

Yes, I....can't quote the tweet, for some reason. But I understand rudimentary math, Twitter person.

Yes, i think that how math works.

#18 Posted by Corvak (568 posts) -

While it's good marketing for Microsoft, games are unlikely to reap the benefits until the end of the generation, when developers are squeezing every possible ounce of power out of the system. 150Mhz is a pretty small change, and it feels like this was done almost entirely for the media coverage.

More is usually better, but hopefully it doesnt come with a huge cost in excess heat or louder fan noise.

#19 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

Good for them. I guess? I really have no context for how significant of an improvement that is.

#20 Posted by bigjeffrey (4166 posts) -

Good for them. I guess? I really have no context for how significant of an improvement that is.

More jiggawatzz for you magic video game box

#21 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

@themanwithnoplan said:

More jiggawatzz for you magic video game box

Great Scott

#22 Posted by djou (829 posts) -

I'm glad the specs are getting bumped up because I guess bigger numbers is better (?). Even though I don't plan on getting an Xbox One at launch I do foresee picking one up at some point. However, the fact that they keep monkeying with the final specs is a bit alarming. It gives the impression they have planned out what they have or understand the power of their hardware. This will all be moot when the system launches but at this point MS has muddled the message so much that there is no chance in hell I'm getting a console launch day. I'm most likely waiting until they do one hardware revision or drop the price.

#23 Posted by EXTomar (4125 posts) -

Damn it you beat me to the "Great Scott!" by four hours. What does "Great Scott" mean anyway? Is there some Scottish dude roaming the highlands in a battle for The Prize and you'd scream "Great Scott!" when you see him while running away?

#24 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Let's just hope they have a reliable first sku for this console instead of an RROD'ing mess like last time. My first 360 died after two weeks.

And yeah playing with clock speeds this close to launch isn't exactly the most re-assuring thing, it feels awfully close but who knows how often it has happened before. It's also kind of funny that this is even really being reported on, but I guess they really need that positive PR in any way they can get it.