Your most favorite female character in fighting games?

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gtxforza

Hello

My personal favorite female character in fighting games would either be Noel Vermillion or Tsubaki Yayoi from the BlazBlue series.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

She's a newer addition to the pantheon of female fighting game characters, but I freaking love Jaqui Briggs from Mortal Kombat. I like both her character and find playing her a ton of fun.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sethmode said:

She's a newer addition to the pantheon of female fighting game characters, but I freaking love Jaqui Briggs from Mortal Kombat. I like both her character and find playing her a ton of fun.

Yesss. She was okay in X, but amazing in 11. Between her and Takeda, I think the whole "Kombat Kids" thing worked out shockingly well, as much as I hated the idea at first. I even like Cassie quite a bit, even if she's the most "what if these two characters, but at once?" of the batch.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Assuming that we're not talking about created characters in Soul Calibur: Ayane from DoA.

No particular reasons. I just like the cut of her jib.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Bit of a sentimental pick rooted entirely in gameplay - in fact, I had to do a Google just to remember her name - but Sakura from Street Fighter IV. It was the only time in my life I had a regular group of friends who both did and didn't play games but somehow all got into SFIV, smoking weed and drinking together on the weekends. Sagat was my go-to character generally, but I always had a ton of fun with Sakura and felt like that was me at my most frustrating. Always fun to see friends' reactions to her agility.

Spliffmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spliffmaster

I loved playing C.Viper in MvC3. Super fun and technical and I'm usually not one to go for technical characters but it was a blast figuring out burn kick and seismic loops.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

There's so many good fighting game characters, it's tough to nail just one down. Makoto & Chun-Li from SF rank super highly for me, as do Xiaoyu, Eliza, and Julia from Tekken; Tira & Taki from SC; Rachel & Noel from BB; Mileena & D'Vorah from MK; King & Mature from KoF; I-No & Baiken from GG... Does Double from Skullgirls count?

If I was forced to pick just one... it'd probably be Chun-Li, as much as that's probably the safest and most popular answer I just always find her so much fun to play across all the games she's been in, and I love the vast majority of her designs too.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't use her often because i have more success with almost anyone else, but i love Asuka Kazama.

No Caption Provided
liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#16  Edited By liquiddragon

King is fun!

No Caption Provided
theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Makoto (SF3) is just raw power and focus, and one of my favorite FG characters, period. Her design SHOULD feel boring but her attitude and animations compensate for that and more. Hibiki (Last Blade 2) has a great design, and i have a fondness for slow characters with quick attacks.
geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I-No

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Poison and Bridget.

dasakamov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vanessa from King of Fighters. In a game full of projectiles, she stands out by forcing you to get in close and punch shit.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vanessa from King of Fighters. In a game full of projectiles, she stands out by forcing you to get in close and punch shit.

Awesome choice!

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my thread, I don't get to see anyone mentioning any female character from Super Smash Bros, really?

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza said:

In my thread, I don't get to see anyone mentioning any female character from Super Smash Bros, really?

You said "Fighting Games" :P.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gtxforza

@cikame said:
@gtxforza said:

You said "Fighting Games" :P.

Yeah, Super Smash Bros is considered to be a fighting game franchise, for this thread, I was intending to see users share their personal favorite female character in this genre.

Plus I was expecting users to mention one of the playable female characters from Super Smash Bros.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: It's not only about the debate on whether Smash Bros is a fighting game, but also most of the characters in Smash aren't fighting game characters, the only female fighting game character in the game might be Min Min.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gtxforza: I didn't really consider Smash because the characters are all from other games, but I do like to play as Palutena and Bayonetta.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No Caption Provided

Skarlet from MK11 really made an impression on me. Even if she's solely jobber fodder.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jade from Mortal Kombat. Her retractable magic bow-staff makes for a flashy and unpredictable moveset.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gtxforza

@judaspete said:

@gtxforza: I didn't really consider Smash because the characters are all from other games, but I do like to play as Palutena and Bayonetta.

Okay, I see. Paluntena and Bayonetta are both a lot of fun to play as them in the Super Smash Bros series.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jade from Mortal Kombat. Her retractable magic bow-staff makes for a flashy and unpredictable moveset.

Great choice!

peffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was 8 or 9, my brother got a Super Nintendo and a little game called Street Fighter II. I immediately picked Chun Li, the sole Chinese and female character, and refused to use any other character. I am also Chinese and female, and it felt important to me to pick the character who looked like me. (I don't actually play a lot of fighting games, so.. Chun Li is my answer)

joethebald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll always be here for Juri and Karin from SFV. Kicks are cooler than punches. And Ramlethal, specifically her Strive incarnation. Unless they drastically change her from the beta version. Big swords are cooler than punches.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Riptor already mentioned.

Also Hisako, Orchid, Maya and Mira from KI.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I used to main Hitomi in Dead or Alive and could probably still pick up a controller and play her reasonably well. I had an okay track record with Katarina in Tekken 7 too.

AzureGale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By AzureGale

Ayame from the Power Stone series.

No Caption Provided

Part ninja, part dancer, all kickass. On top of that, she can transform and throw giant shuriken and flurries of knives! She's the first fighting game character that I've properly mained.

norm9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chun Li and my main Shermie. Glad she's back in KOF

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azuregale: I mained accel cause his off-the-wall shot covered the entire screen and needed no weapon to do so while sending stones my way on flat maps, then falcon cause the huge damage against friends when I thought i needed it in 2 vs 1. Little did I know later in life I'd main the champ Ayame for life. She goes in my book as a glass cannon polished to perfection. Yeah, you can take me out in a good few clean combos...but can you even hit me. I'll be halfway across the screen by the time you shoot off your special even 3 inches in front of me. Best girl for sure.

LOL. I like the Brazilian dancer in street fighter too, animation is too smooth i wonder how they did it back then, Chun li for....reasons....DOA fighters....for reasons....I guess....a bunch of others....for...

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#41  Edited By AV_Gamer

Some of my favorites from different series.

Sakura from Street Fighter Alpha 2. Elena and Makoto from Street Fighter III. Menat from Street Fighter V.

Baby Bonnie Hood/Bulleta from Darkstalkers 3/Vampire Savior.

Jam and May from Guilty Gear XX. Ramlethal from Guilty Gear Xrd.

Akira and Hinata from Rival Schools.

Yuri from Art of Fighting 2 and King from Art of Fighting. Hotaru from Garou: Mark of The Wolves.

I'm naming the characters from where they originated from, but I like them in all the version of games they are in.