TF2 - A Heavy Update (Day 3)

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Demilich

Tonight's Valve Time ran a bit late, and for good reason? No not really. We got a new Payload map. 'Badwater Basin'. Much more open than Goldrush, expect to see new strategies employed by the Builders League United.

http://steamgames.com/tf2/heavy/badwater.htm

Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ubergeist

I wish they would give some sort of update to the 360 version. I like it so much better. Hopefully when they update all the classes on PC they'll make it for 360/PS3. I like the PC version but the community is shit.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Demilich
>"the community is shit."

el oh el
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By xruntime

Pub servers are often shit. There are too many people who make fun of younger kids, and not enough people with microphones (or who even communicate in any form).

If you go to a clan server with rules and admins, then it's usually better.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Demilich

You're thinking of CS:S.

I've been playing TF2 since day 1. The common sights in CS are very few and far between in TF2, so don't sell me that 'I've played the game once at a friends house last year' shit.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DARKIDO07

Meh I didn't like TF2 I played the Xbox 360 version and the horrible server browser, frequent lag, and constant disconnected, along with a small player count that kinda hinders the experience, it just didn't do it for me, and no I don't have a shitty connection.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Homer
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Patchinko
DARKIDO07 said:
"I played the Xbox 360 version"
Yep, that's your problem right there.
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By DARKIDO07
Patchinko said:
"DARKIDO07 said:
Yep, that's your problem right there."
Yeah I know unfortunately for some reason I can't play PC games online, only games over Xbox Live, due to some settings with my router that I tried to fix but it didn't work.
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Patchinko
DARKIDO07 said:
"Patchinko said:
"DARKIDO07 said:
Yep, that's your problem right there."
Yeah I know unfortunately for some reason I can't play PC games online, only games over Xbox Live, due to some settings with my router that I tried to fix but it didn't work."
Hm, you might need to open some ports to play PC games online. If you feel like it, search for "opening ports for Steam" on Google. Usually you log into your router (192.168.1.1), go to port control and just put in the name of the program and the port you want to open (once you know which port needs to be opened for it).

Or you can go to 192.168.1.1 and put your computer in the DMZ when you want to game, then take it out when you're not gaming.

And yeah, it sucks how the 360/PS3 ports of Orange Box are lame like that.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xruntime
Demilich said:
"You're thinking of CS:S.

I've been playing TF2 since day 1. The common sights in CS are very few and far between in TF2, so don't sell me that 'I've played the game once at a friends house last year' shit."

Is that directed at me?
Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Patchinko
xruntime said:
"Pub servers are often shit. There are too many people who make fun of younger kids, and not enough people with microphones (or who even communicate in any form).

If you go to a clan server with rules and admins, then it's usually better."
Eh, you just have to take the time to go server to server until you find one frequented by people you like. I play on public servers that I've favorited where most of the people have mics and the people are generally mature. Just have to shop around and avoid the servers with too many exclamation points in their names.

I mean, the people I've generally played against in TF2 are more mature than the people I usually meet in MGO, for example.
xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xruntime

That's true, but I'd say most of them are generally worse. By clan servers I mean servers that may or may not be public but have a clan affiliated with the server.

Also, since the clan frequents the server, there's already an experienced player base. It can get really frustrating having a noob that doesn't know to protect their medic or to use stickies on a sentry.