A second review?

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

In Jeff's review, he gave the game 5/5 stars but discussions following the review on the Bombcast certainly made it seem like Jeff had enjoyed the game much less than his review let on. That opinion also seemed shared with the others who spoke like they didn't really get much out of GTA V with complaints about the shooting, driving and some story stuff. I've only had a limited experience with the series but V was an improvement over IV for me.

I do wonder if GB will do a second review for the upcoming PS4/Xbox One releases. Rockstar looks to have added a lot so I hope to at least see it covered and the game in the first place probably shouldn't have received a perfect score if only for how bad the framerate can be.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

You like GTA V? It looks better.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

There's plenty of new games out. No reason to waste time on a game in which everyone's opinion is already well known.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

They will probably do a Quick Look and see how the game looks and plays in first person mode, but I seriously doubt that Jeff will write another review

I remember them liking GTA V. Not loving it, but it did seem like they really liked it.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm sure the most we will get is a Quick Look, and that's fine by me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Better looking and performing version of a 5-Star game is still 5 stars, right?

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another quick look sure, doubt there will be another review, unless they feel it warrants one. Basically what I'm saying is I don't know.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

Quick Look, yup, review, nope.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wondered if anyone else other than Jeff could take a stab at it. Like how Jeff said Brad could write a review of Destiny if he wanted to. Although, I'm sure we'll get all we need from the QL and other sources if this update is really worth it to those who have already played it. I do wonder how many people actually held off from buying it the first time around and just waited as we all knew it was going to happen.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing they have added would warrant a new review.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hatking

Other websites are probably likely to do this, but Giant Bomb has never been review heavy. I doubt they'll retread here. Especially since they've said so much about their feelings on the game. I do expect they'll do a Quick Look, maybe some sort of other form of video coverage (GBeast, UPF, etc.) and some podcast banter though.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I hope Vinny plays the PC version in January.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By Deranged

I remember a rather general consensus of most people really digging it, but not being blown away by it.

hodor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd watch Vinny do a quick look of the first person mode.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Brad gave it a second review on the GOTY podcasts.

"The mission design in GTA V is fucking. BORING!!"

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Better looking and performing version of a 5-Star game is still 5 stars, right?

That 5 star review didn't include the very boring multiplayer portion. Now that it's in there it takes away from the quality of the overall package. Sort of like how Will Smith's review of The Orange Box would be a 10 if it was only TF2 and Portal, but Episode 2 makes it a worse product.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Not really sure what a second review would bring. More of GTA V but with slightly better graphics and better framerate?

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd like to see a review with the multiplayer included in the judgement of it.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GaspoweR

@mrcraggle: I think was in a later Bombcast wherein the online MP feature was already working at that point which was roughly 3 or 4 weeks (I think) after the game was released and he didn't liked the MP and thought the game overall would have been better served without it. I think I remember him saying that the score would've probably been different had the MP been there day one.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Quick look should be fine. Enough new games are startin to come out, if they review something it ought to be one of those rather than some re-release.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doubtful. A quick look however I can see them doing.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Zleunamme

Quick Look to show off the new stuff, maybe. Another written review, No. The only things worth discussing about multiplayer is that it still populated by dirt bags who just there to ruin your fun. The minute you are out in the open. They will shoot at you from a spot you can't reach them or blow up your car. If you have a headset. Hear the grating noises of obnoxious ten years old like to make. The activities -tennis, golf, racing, etc.- from the main game are there but hardly anybody plays them. Planning heists have not been included. Contract mission consist of steal this or assassinate that person.

The only reason I went back to multiplayer was to grind for trophies. GTA V has been the only game in the series I have finished. I had my fill and just waiting for the next Fallout.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By overnow

I don't think a review is necessary. A quick look would definitely suffice.