Got the game. Got questions about the first two hours?

• 60 results
Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

@mb said:

@nodima said:

@mb what happened to your thread from yesterday? How has the game opened up for you over the past 24 hours? Does it deliver on your expectations?

I deleted it because it was full of images, and believe it or not, Rockstar had sent over a copyright infringement/cease and desist notice about images in some other topics, so I just took it down to avoid any potential blowback for Giant Bomb. Hard to imagine their legal team was working weekends sending out notices for a game with a review embargo expiring in 36 hours, but there you go.

I figured as much but I didn't want to make any implications.

VeRKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@believer258: Yes, I am sorry, I meant that there is a prompt to go to the story mode, but I do not know if that auto accept it, or not, I would recommend turning the controller while installing the game, just in case.

VeRKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By VeRKK

@believer258: Yes, I am sorry, I meant that there is a prompt to go to the story mode, but I do not know if that auto accept it, or not, I would recommend turning the controller while installing the game, just in case.

@project343 said:
  1. Does the 'character swap' work as seamlessly as advertised? Can it be done mid-combat (to, say, get out of a tough encounter)?
  2. Any sort of progression stuff other than upgrading your weapons? Outfits, XP, health upgrades, etc.?

1. I honestly think it takes a few second more than I wanted, but, when you are near each other, you really do not feel it at all, when you travel from X chracter to Y, and they have a big distance between them, it takes 3-5 seconds (probably loading issues more than "Artistic" design imo).

2. Alot of the upgrades works with your actions, meaning if you run more, and do the newly added sleeping dogs running parkour sliding over stuff, do more cycling and swiming, it will improve your stamina. same for weapon abilities, if you practice the shooting range, it will improve things aswell. Outfits can be purchased, haven't unlocked specific outfits as rewards for missions (got bike though).

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Snail

The framerate performance of Red Dead Redemption wasn't good.

How does this one compare?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

I just accidentally punched a pedestrian in the face, and his glasses flew off his head. Awesome.

VeRKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boocreepyfootdoctor: From what I saw of the 360 version, it looks a little sharper\better, but the PS3 version still looks good, but there is some haziness when you just drive through the city, that I did not see on the 360 version but I didn't see any jaggyness (if that's a word).

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@verkk: I don't wanna read the rest of the thread to avoid spoilers, sorry if its been asked, but does it seem that this game will look the same on PS as on 360? Can you look at YouTube footage from other people who got 360, or a friend who picked up the 360 game from the same store? PS GTA-4 looked hazey blurry and jaggy compared to 360. Is the PS3 GTA-5 seemingly less hazey and jaggy than GTA4?

It is the same quality really Never was a Rockstar game so equal in terms of graphics and framerate.

VeRKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail: Hm.. From what I remember of RDR (only played the 360 version of it), I think GTA 5 works better, though it is hard to compare, just in terms of fast cars vs horses. But in general, I would say it's better.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By daiphyer

I still like Red Dead Redemption's art better (Especially when it rained and Marston got all wet, that effect was amazing), but GTA V is no slack. The framerate is fine for the most part, and never goes below 24-5 FPS.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By jakob187

Do you drive people around for two fucking hours like a goddamn chauffeur? Do you have to go on any dates? Do you get a gun in the first two hours of the game?

If those three things happen, then it's automatically better than the bullshit that is GTA4.

VeRKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakob187: Yeah, it is still an open world game, where you drive for no reason (it is annoying at this point, 20+ hours in).

Haven't had any dates, but you can initiate hangouts like you could in GTA IV.

You definitely get a gun really fast, let's just say that :)

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you a demon, those eyes are so black and do you dye your beard. these are the important questions i need to know.

VeRKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudnineboya: Haha, this camera takes odd pictures in this room because of the lights. As for my beard, no, it looks darker just because my hair is really thin, so...