So we know which GTA 4 ending is canon now

EODTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

[Tiny, minor spoilers]

On the Paleto heist, if you have unlocked Packie and decide to use him, he gets in a lot of dialogue while en route to the bank. He tells the gang about how his sister is dead and he has no clue where Niko is or if he's even still alive. So I guess we know which GTA 4 ending Rockstar considers canon. Poor Niko. Playing GTA 4, I had the ending where Michelle (that was her name, right?) got killed, but I went back and did it the other way just so they ended up alive and together. Kind of sad that it didn't end up a happy ending after all.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want roman in the GTA V DLC. He should phone Mikey and ask him to go bowling with him.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I remember a reference to Niko and how he'd gone quiet. Could mean he got out rather than got dead.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure it doesn't matter. That bit with Packie was really neat but it doesn't tell us anything about Niko.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Andorski

I remember a reference to Niko and how he'd gone quiet. Could mean he got out rather than got dead.

I think the "gone quiet" line is a reference to the fact that the voice actor for Niko publicly complained about how little he was paid in respect to how much money GTA IV made. When Rockstar went on to make TLaD and TBoGT DLC, they refused to rehire the voice actor and just used clips from his voice recordings from the main game.

Hence, Niko is now "quiet."

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

But what happened to Travis from GTA1?

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@andorski said:

@crash_happy said:

I think the "gone quiet" line is a reference to the fact that the voice actor for Niko publicly complained about how little he was paid in respect to how much money GTA IV made. When Rockstar went on to make TLaD and TBoGT DLC, they refused to rehire the voice actor and just used clips from his voice recordings from the main game.

Hence, Niko is now "quiet."

I said that to a friend, he thought it was a stretch. I think Rockstar's smart enough to write that in knowingly.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eodtech said:

He tells the gang about how his sister is dead and he has no clue where Niko is or if he's even still alive. So I guess we know which GTA 4 ending Rockstar considers canon.

Weird. I never heard him talk about his sister - only about the L.C. bank heist.

Discoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Discoman

Well I think it's the better ending considering I didn't romance her at all, and so that relationship never developed in my game, meanwhile no matter what you have to look after and help out Roman.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@doskias said:
@eodtech said:

He tells the gang about how his sister is dead and he has no clue where Niko is or if he's even still alive. So I guess we know which GTA 4 ending Rockstar considers canon.

Weird. I never heard him talk about his sister - only about the L.C. bank heist.

Same here. He just says he was in it with some European dude, and now he doesn't know where he is. Never heard anything about his sister.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Doskias

@daiphyer: Weird. I wonder (but doubt) if GTA5 looks at your GTA4 saves? Because Packie's sister is definitely alive by the end of my GTA4 game.

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doskias said:

@daiphyer: Weird. I wonder (but doubt) if GTA5 looks at your GTA4 saves? Because Packie's sister is definitely alive by the end of my GTA4 game.

I don't think so, I don't have the saves from GTA4 on my console.

Assume that Nico going quiet is a sly wink if you like, not like we'll ever know. Personally, I'm in the 'bit of a stretch' camp.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By Yummylee

Huh, I don't remember any mention of Kate. I do however remember Packie referencing the death of Derrick rather than Francis, so that decision at least has been set in stone.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eodtech: I wonder, did you die on that mission ever? And did you have to re-play the part where this conversation takes place? Because GTA 4 and 5 both switch up the dialogue when you have to repeat a scene like that - I wonder if that's why some of us haven't seen this dialogue while others have.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@discoman said:

Well I think it's the better ending considering I didn't romance her at all, and so that relationship never developed in my game, meanwhile no matter what you have to look after and help out Roman.

His relationship with Kate is much, much more subdued than his other potential dates. She is the most down-to-Earth woman in the whole game, minus Mikhail's wife. Which makes her death in the end all the more sad. She was an honest woman who was not a criminal or a psycho, yet she ended up dying anyway, if you did the right thing.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That ending made way more sense. But the fact that they even actual that as the real ending only furthers to cement the fact that player choices in largely linear games is a really, reeeeeeeeeeeally stupid fucking idea. Maybe if they realize that, they can make a GTA game as well as they used to.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By natetodamax

I didn't even know Packie was in GTA V.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@eodtech said:

[Tiny, minor spoilers]

On the Paleto heist, if you have unlocked Packie and decide to use him, he gets in a lot of dialogue while en route to the bank. He tells the gang about how his sister is dead and he has no clue where Niko is or if he's even still alive. So I guess we know which GTA 4 ending Rockstar considers canon. Poor Niko. Playing GTA 4, I had the ending where Michelle (that was her name, right?) got killed, but I went back and did it the other way just so they ended up alive and together. Kind of sad that it didn't end up a happy ending after all.

Michelle was the first girlfriend, (the undercover agent from The Agency). Packie's sister is Kate.

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

geez when they kill off a voice actor they really go the whole hog

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doskias said:

Assume that Nico going quiet is a sly wink if you like, not like we'll ever know. Personally, I'm in the 'bit of a stretch' camp.

it's probably alternate dialog if you die once or a rare occurance or something

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@crash_happy said:

@doskias said:

it's probably alternate dialog if you die once or a rare occurance or something

Nah, that doesn't happen in GTA V like it did in IV. The dialogue is always the same.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eodtech said:

[Tiny, minor spoilers]

Michelle was the first girlfriend, (the undercover agent from The Agency). Packie's sister is Kate.

You know, I didn't even realise Michelle made an appearance in GTA V (in Three's Company) until I looked her up on the wiki. She even sports that hair clip and somewhat similar hairstyle, but other than that she looks completely different.