Broken Achievements?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So I have been getting achievements and now all of a sudden they just don't work. Is this happening for anyone else? I beat several levels and got nothing as well as getting a skull and no achievement. It's not a super big deal, but I just wanna know if it is just me.

kadaju86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Had the same thing happen to me. Cleared the "Assault on the control room" mission, got achievements for both skulls and the terminal, but did not get for completing the level. Ran through the entire thing a second time and still no achievement for it. Funny thing is that when the mission is done the loading screen says it is loading "The Library" and not "343 Guilty Spark" as I believe it should, it puts me in the swamp though. And, going to see the mission progression in the game hub it seems to have registered me clearing "343 Guilty Spark" even though I have yet to play through any part of that level.

Something weird going on :P

Thiago123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Thiago123
@kaos_cracker said:

So I have been getting achievements and now all of a sudden they just don't work. Is this happening for anyone else? I beat several levels and got nothing as well as getting a skull and no achievement. It's not a super big deal, but I just wanna know if it is just me.

Yea this is apparently an issue with the MS backend. I think what happens is that when you unlock an achievement it sort of has to register with MS, but because the system got slammed (among many bugs with MCC), they are not unlocking properly. If I use the achievements "app" (ugh) I have several that say they are complete and that they are "Unlocking..." I believe this will fix itself as they work through the bugs and unlock properly...I hope!

FYI - mine were all related to playing a couple of levels in CE in co-op Legendary. I played a couple of levels of H2A solo on normal and achievements popped fine, as did a few during matchmaking (when I could get in).

@kadaju86: Odd issue - I think I saw someone reporting that same thing (issue with 343 Guilty Spark level loading, but using a playlist) on the halo website forums...

BoldFacedLies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've been having the same issues unfortunately while playing Halo 1, although it has been unlocking achievements since yesterday night. I hope this gets fixed soon rather than later, also I cannot for the life of me save my progress in the campaign (Halo 1, haven't tried the others yet).

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There are definitely issues with that, I just finished the Master Chief Saga playlist (every level of all four games), and I had two freezes, it wouldn't load the next level three times, it skipped over 343 Guilty Spark in Halo: CE, and I had it break when it loaded the second level of Halo 4 (it said untracked build in the corner and didn't load).

Aside from that I have 5 or so achievements that say they are 100% completed but haven't unlocked (including complete Halo 2 on Normal and Easy).