Halo: CE Anniversary PC Discussion.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Casepb

After playing a little bit of Reach on PC, I was starting to think I didn't care for Halo anymore. Once I tried the Halo CE Anniversary my worries were quickly put to rest. I truly missed this game, and the PC port of it is surprisingly much better than the Reach port was at launch. Sure it still has some wacky bugs, but it just feels much more playable and better looking in every way. I've been mostly impressed with the visual upgrade so far. Aside from the odd looking dithering on character models and the lack of AA it looks great. Cutscenes do still have the bad frame pacing from Reach unfortunately, so they look very rough in motion. Gameplay looks super smooth and great at 144hz though, far smoother than Reach does.

The only bugs I've experienced so far is the Steam achievement bugs where I got the Truth and Reconciliation achievement after finishing the first level, I really should have got the Pillar of Autumn achievement. I read that some people are getting ODST achievements. I've also experienced odd music playback, where the music track either overlaps with another or the wrong track is playing in the current level. The only sound bug I've come across is the Plasma Pistol spamming plays the charging sound. I haven't played any multiplayer yet, only single player. How has your experience been? Better than Reach for you? Worse?

DF analyses

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

How's the quality of the audio been? Does it have the same muffled quality the Reach audio had?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

The audio, in my experience, had no issues.

I don't think that jitteriness is frame pacing, this game was made to run at 30fps and things are animated at that framerate. Physics are also tied to framerate, as many console exclusives are. Turn the 60fps limit on and that jitteriness should be almost, if not completely, gone.

Otherwise, the port quality is fine. There's nothing exceptional going on here, except that we've got a stable port of Halo 1 that runs much better than the 2003 port and only costs $10, less if you bought the whole collection.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Casepb

@inevpatoria: Audio is clear sounding. I read that Reach will soon be fixed as well because 343 rehired some audio engineers to decrypt the encoded audio. It seems Halo 3 and ODST use this same type of encoded audio files as Reach, so those games should not have the same issues once they come out.

aperebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I played through the 1st level and most of the 2nd and it feels really solid. I kinda forgot how clunky a lot of Halo is, but it feels good to me playing M+KB.

Some of the checkpointing sucks, but hey, it's a game from 2001...

I do love the instant gfx toggle though. It's pretty impressive

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Anniversary graphics look kinda bad, like looking at gameplay videos of the Xbox One version very noticeably worse, it seems like more than just missing AA but I don't know. The original graphics look pretty much exactly how I remember them and the ability to switch back and forth at the tap of a button though is really really cool. Multiplayer is still fun as ever and didn't notice any issues there.

Oh and yeah, got the same achievement bug, got the achievements for the 3rd and 4th levels from beating 1 and 2.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Have you people played this on Xbox One and then got the PC version? That'll probably explain the achievements you're getting without playing them on PC. Since your Microsoft account is tied to the PC version.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Panfoot

@shivermetimbers: Nope, just for whatever reason, the first 2 missions achievements are swapped with 3 and 4, once I got to Assault on the Control Room the right ones started to unlock.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Didn't have any audio issues for my PC...just wish they thought HDR was a worth while feature to put into these ports.