On which platforms will you all be playing MGSV: The Phantom Pain?

• 108 results
Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By Mitch0712

Poll On which platforms will you all be playing MGSV: The Phantom Pain? (772 votes)

Playstation 3 3%
Playstation 4 44%
Xbox 360 1%
Xbox One 9%
PC 49%

I was wanting to get a feel for where most of the community will be playing.

• 
iggypoptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Definitely PC now that it's releasing there on the 1st as well. Just picked up a Fury X and hopefully gonna snag a 4k freesync monitor too specifically for this game. The hype is too real.

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mitch0712

I want to wait and see if I can get the collector's edition on PS4. It's been back in stock a couple times on Walmart's website. And the PC version will look better so I don't know what to do!

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Originally bought GZ for the PS4 but now that both are on the PC I'm definitely playing it on the PC instead.

GhostHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The PC port of Ground Zeroes was so good (besides the lack of any audio options?!) so I'm definitely getting MGSV for PC as well.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

PC.

And unless it turns out to be a massive turd of a game, I'll probably get the PS4 version too sometime.

Dussck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dussck

I could try playing it on my laptop, but it would look pretty close to this probably:

No Caption Provided

So, PS4 here. : )

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

PS4 first because I wanna play MGO with a controller and not get wiped out by mouse and keyboard users, PC once I want to replay the campaign.

HoboZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 first because I wanna play MGO with a controller and not get wiped out by mouse and keyboard users, PC once I want to replay the campaign.

Exactly this. I loved MGO2 and am really looking forward to this new one, but on PC there will be too many people wrecking my controller skills with M&KB, and the likelihood of modders/cheaters is very high.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC because I can get it cheap there, and it looks better. If I like the online then I might get it for PS4 at some point, because there's no chance the PC version isn't gonna be destroyed by cheaters.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P-SEEEEEEEE. With a PS4 controller, just to have some nostalgia feels.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I'll be getting with the times on September 1st when I buy a PS4 & MGSV

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@hobozero said:
@TechnoSyndrome said:

Exactly this. I loved MGO2 and am really looking forward to this new one, but on PC there will be too many people wrecking my controller skills with M&KB, and the likelihood of modders/cheaters is very high.

I'm also just worried about player base size and lasting...ness. PS4 is where I imagine the brunt of the hardcore Metal Gear fanbase would end up, and on PC there's so many other options for multiplayer games, I'd expect the multiplayer to dry up after a few months.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC. I was going to go with PS4 but have to make that budgetary call at some point.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

PS4. I will also be getting the PC version if I do build a gaming rig by the end of the year, however.

Keirgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Keirgo

Got MGSV free with my new 980ti, so PC it is. Actually pretty excited as it will be my first Metal Gear game.

I have Metal Gear Scanlon to thank for introducing me to the series. :)

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By FacelessVixen

PC, but after I make some upgrades, which I don't plan on doing this year.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pc.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Playing it on PS4 because I only have a laptop right now.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm getting the ps4 collectors edition, too bad the hand ain't full size!

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4. I grew up playing the series on Playstation consoles. It wouldn't feel right to play it on a PC.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By bigjeffrey

Personal computer. Come on preload.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Zurv

oh.. my Titan Xs will be making sweet love to big boss in 4k... with a Xbox one controller. shame the elite one won't be out till oct. (hrmm.. which i pre-ordered and i'm no totally sure i'm getting it :) )

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mitch0712: I'd check out this lovely topic made by yours truly to get a feel for where most duders interested in FOB gameplay are throwing down. Seems like PC or PS4 is the way to go.

THE_RUCKUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am getting it on PS4 because my PC on fritz.

But I love the fact that pc is steadily getting decent share of market. It means we might get some games that are designed with PC in mind like good old days.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#27 sgtsphynx  Moderator

PC. I suppose I could get it for XONE, but if I was gonna play it on console I'd rather play it on PS4 but that would require me to buy a PS4. So, I'll stick with the cheaper route of PC.

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

I'm upgrading my video card and it just so happens to be bundled with it.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I was definitely in the camp of feeling like I should get it on a Sony platform given that I've played the rest on the series there, but having spent a bunch of money on a new PC, I might as well make use of it.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PS4, but I'm going to get the PC version down the line for mods and it being the prettiest version.

Zefpunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about playing MGS on Playstation just feels right to me. That said, I have been bitten by a large trophy bug, so I must have the platinum for my favorite game series!

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By cornfed40

I cancelled my preorder a few weeks ago after playing (and not really digging) Peace Walker. Ill wait for some reviews and a QL before deciding.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC, prettier and easier to go back to at any time in the future.

Dvsshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well after the whole batman Nvidia fiasco, I was given a free copy of MGS 5 for the pc. Technically I'm not buying it, but already have it for the pc. I might buy ground zeros on the pc and play it a bit before release.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@berserker976: @canteu:

There is always a good chance threads like these turn into console wars or consoles vs PC wars. It is best to just let that stuff go.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wacomole

Even though I have a more than competent PC that could run it well, I'll probably be buying it on the PS4 where (if Ground Zeroes is any indication) it will still look great.

I have just about all of the others across the 4 PlayStation consoles, so... "traditiooooooooon! tradition!"

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I feel like if I get it for pc I won't finish because I never finish any of my pc games. Even games I buy on release. I bought the new Wolfenstein when it came out and I still have yet to finish it. Does anyone else share my problem???

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like if I get it for pc I won't finish because I never finish any of my pc games. Even games I buy on release. I bought the new Wolfenstein when it came out and I still have yet to finish it. Does anyone else share my problem???

I bought Arkham Knight for PC and have played it for less than 20 mins. Does that count?

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wacomole said:
@coolarman said:

I bought Arkham Knight for PC and have played it for less than 20 mins. Does that count?

Well that game was busted on PC so that was kind of out of your hand right? I mean I really should go back and play metal gear rising, wolfenstein, Witcher 2, Saints Row the Third, Far Cry 3, etc. The list goes on of games I bought that I haven't finished. Yet I always finish my console games. I don't know why I do this.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BladedEdge

So here is a question.

Anyone know what platform, method of purchase and so on grants Konami the least amount of money?

Like are the cuts from steam higher then digital purchases from sony or microsoft?

As it stands this is one of those "I adore the series..but screw, screw, absolutely and totally screw giving that company a single mob-funding penny. I do, at least, have the option, maybe, of renting the ps3 version (though I'd guess that one is less feature-rich aside from being less graphically so).

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladededge said:

So here is a question.

Anyone know what platform, method of purchase and so on grants Konami the least amount of money?

Like are the cuts from steam higher then digital purchases from sony or microsoft?

As it stands this is one of those "I adore the series..but screw, screw, absolutely and totally screw giving that company a single mob-funding penny. I do, at least, have the option, maybe, of renting the ps3 version (though I'd guess that one is less feature-rich aside from being less graphically so).

Just buy it used. You'll have to wait after week at launch though.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So here is a question.

Wait for a used copy?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hassun

@coolarman: That is most likely caused by the fact that a PC can be used for an wide range of things (although consoles are of course also moving in that direction). This abundance of options could be distracting you from concentrating on the game itself.
Ways to combat this: Set yourself as offline in the steam community so friends cannot distract you while playing (maybe even disabling steam overlay if the temptation to use its internet browser is too strong), don't have a browser open in the background or on a secondary screen so you can check twitter or do other things, etc.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BladedEdge

Used it is yup. Well now I feel dumb!

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would feel kinda weird playing the newest Metal Gear Solid on anything but a Sony console, so for that reason I'll buy it on PS4. Certain third party franchises feel irreparably tied to hardware manufacturers in my mind...I guess I'm just weird that way. So, I'll play it on PS4 at launch, and in a couple years snag it on a Steam sale for cheap and play the "better" version later.