This video game is coming out in the West in early 2015, will you play it?

• 60 results
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Poll This video game is coming out in the West in early 2015, will you play it? (133 votes)

Yes 56%
No 44%

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate coming to Nintendo 3DS in early 2015

Hey there fellow hunters! Want some really good news? Well, how about we start with… Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is coming to the west in early 2015 on Nintendo 3DS!

I couldn’t be any more excited about a game reveal than this one… but before I say anything, here’s a special video message from the man himself, Monster Hunter series Producer Ryozo Tsujimoto:

You probably deduced this, but to put it clearly Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be the Western version of Japan’sMonster Hunter 4G. That means it will be built on the foundations of Monster Hunter 4 but have way more content. That’s a ton of stuff!

In typical Monster Hunter fashion, you can expect to see a number of returning older monsters, but also a great selection of new threats to challenge you in unique ways. And just wait until we have more info for you on the new mechanics, weapons and things you can do in this game! As Tsujimoto-san said in the video, they aimed to make the hunts a lot more fluid and dynamic… and they definitely nailed it!

We’ll have more to talk about later on throughout the year. But in the meantime, I’ll leave you with a quick reminder to keep an eye on this blog/forum, our Twitter, Facebook and YouTube pages, as well as our weekly live streams on Twitch. And don't forget you can get awesome Monster Hunter merchandise at the Capcom Store.

Happy Hunting!

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh/blog/2014/01/26/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-coming-to-nintendo-3ds-in-early-2015

My thoughts

Good news for all involved. ALL. INVOLVED. As the story always seems to go with the Western releases of these games, we'll have to wait just a little bit longer than those residing in The Land of the Monster Hunter. But we'll end up getting the sightlier fancier version in the end. I've always been a mere dabbler in the Monster Hunter arts in the past, having only ever played it on the PSP in the past. But now that this is on our radars I'll definitely be looking to dip more than my toes in at the deep end. (Yes I know I could play 3, but I only just recently got my 3DS XL and making this the version to springboard into hundreds of hours of gameplay seems fine.)

/prance

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If it came out on anything but a handheld may answer would be 'Yes'

peakborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm an old guard Monster Hunter player so it's an clear yes from me. Feel a bit bad for the gunners though as they still only have 3 weapon styles to the blademaster's 11.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@believer258: I wasn't aware it was taking offense to inquire about a statement that seems bizarre.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#54  Edited By Trilogy

If I didn't need a circle pad pro, I would totally be down. I'm really enjoying my 3DSxl, but the idea of developers making games that require two sticks on a system with one, really rubs me the wrong way. Either make a system with two sticks, or don't make games that require them. And yes, I consider instances where playing the game without a two stick setup is "miserable" as a requirement situation.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I'll be picking up Monster Hunter on Friday then. I don´t think I would enjoy it much on the 3DS, so it is going to be Wii U for me. Even though I guess in the interest of playing 4, I should be playing the 3DS version?

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of the primary reasons I got a 3DS XL was to play Monster Hunter so heck yeah! Been playing since MHF1 and never stopped loving it.

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@silentghost227 said:

@believer258 said:

@hailinel said:

@razielcuts: As if the 3DS isn't a "big boy" platform?

You get offended at the least little thing, dude.

I don't know. I've got this whole year to try out Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, so I'll find out eventually.

EDIT: Wait, do you need the circle pad pro for this?

You don't need the circle pad, but playing without it is pretty miserable.

Well, in that case, I'm probably not getting this game at all.

I logged 100+ hours in MH3U on the 3DS before switching to the Wii U. I would only classify it as miserable during underwater fights (and boy was it). As far as I know there are no underwater fights in 4, so yeah. While it is certainly not the best way to play the game, it is totally playable.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@fattony12000: ONLINE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

Let us hunt together in 2015!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bollard said:

@fattony12000: ONLINE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE MULTIPLAYER ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

Let us hunt together in 2015!

/prance

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

This may sound crazy but I may get a Wii U primarily for this game, and I've never even played Monster Hunter.

phantom_3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By phantom_3d

do feel get away with adding practically nothing to game design wise each time and its still effort to get friends to join you in game they really need to stream line that. but its same problems that all Japanese games companies have they don't give a crap about online multiplayer (aka Nintendo) there living in world 5 years behind in that department. but if release it for wii u and there is changes i would consider it but otherwise no