FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
No Caption Provided

Mortal Kombat X has been officially announced for 2015.

Joystiq

No platforms listed at the end of the trailer or along with the official announcements, though.

Also, if it wasn't clear, the trailer is all CG, created by company Digital Dimension.

Also, official platforms announced. Both current gen. and last gen.:

Mortal Kombat X announced for 2015 on PS3, PS4, X360, XBone &PC! First public appearance at E3 in LA next week - http://t.co/D70R5ykFVr#MKX

— WB Games UK (@WB_Games_UK) June 2, 2014

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was seriously hoping that's what they'd call it, I'm still bummed they missed the opportunity to call that last call of duty "call of duty x"

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By SMTDante89

Announcement Trailer:

Loading Video...

Edit: Since the trailer has been added to the first post, guess I'll add that I'm really excited for the game. Loved the reboot, and I'm hoping to fall in love with this one as well.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I am X-cited!

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Not a fan of the choice of trailer music, but if that's what the game looks like, then f**k it, GET OVER HERE MKX.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Kind of wanted Sub Zero to win in the trailer, but Ed Boon can't let himself lose I guess. That trailer was pretty awesome though and I'm looking forward to seeing if this game shows up at E3!

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wait, I thought Sub Zero was turned into a cyborg at the end of 9?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I'm kind of into a lot of things about Mortal Kombat; the presentation, the character design, its commitment to its batshit crazy mythology (which seems more coherent than what Namco does)... but the gore just isn't my style and I know they'll never get rid of it, because the old fans would freak out.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, so excited for this! Great teaser, too.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@gaff: He was and I'm pretty sure he and nearly all the cast died at the end too (they're all obviously going to be brought back somehow though). I assume this trailer has virtually nothing to do with the story though given how it was just two dudes fighting and is just showing off Socrpion and Subzero because those are the two most recognizable characters.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mrfluke

so injustice style environment interactions?

wonder if thats how the actual game will look or if thats CG. really really curious to see where they are heading with the storymode.

stoked as hell regardless though.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure to win the Oscar for best storytelling in a vidja game.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By FLStyle

@gaff said:

Don't assume this game uses MK9's universe as its story.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fuck yes, I like the new Scorp and Sub designs that suggest a bunch of time has passed since MK9. Those were some dope raps also.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#16  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

The new Mortal Combat was one of the few fighting games I really got into recently. This trailer tells me that I'm ready for round 2.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17 rmanthorp  Moderator

Well as far as fatalities go, that's a pretty rad animation for killing a dude.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While a trailer is nice, I would have preferred that Ed Boon just Tweet "Hey guys! New MK! No block button and we have good animators this time!!"

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Coming 2015?

I think they meant Koming 2015.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@gaff said:

And even if it does follow from MK9, it doesn't rule out Sub-Zero being restored to human form through some means. This is Mortal Kombat after all.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While a trailer is nice, I would have preferred that Ed Boon just Tweet "Hey guys! New MK! No block button and we have good animators this time!!"

F that, block button is the way to go!

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

I can hardly contain my excitement for this. Hopefully we get another trailer and/or gameplay footage at E3.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exciting. Shitty music for a trailer, though.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too much stuff is getting announced before e3. I really hope there can still be a lot of surprises, or else it will be a bummer

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooseymcman said:

@viciousbearmauling said:

No way man!!! The block button only existed because MK wanted to be different from Street Fighter. Injustice proved that back to block is a better system!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling: Proved, nothing! Holding back to block is dumb, and not intuitive at all. Blocking should have its own button, separate from movement.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever, I think the track used is hilariously awesome.

FeverChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Disappointed at no "Toasty!" at the end.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@mooseymcman said:

No way man!!! The block button only existed because MK wanted to be different from Street Fighter. Injustice proved that back to block is a better system!

I think Block Button works for MK. It would be dumb at this point to change that. Because not only do they use it to you know...block its also used to hold yourself in place while you do fatality inputs and its also used as part of special moves liek Sub-zero's slide ect.... Back to block works for a lot of games but because of what the core foundation of Mortal Kombat is removing the block button would be a BAD idea.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vinny_Says

I wonder if Wiz Khalifa is aktually a big MK fan and was super stoked...

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trailer should have ended with "made using in game footage"

im not sure where they go from the last game outside of new graphics but i'm excited. that last game was such a breath of fresh air.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am so ready for this! Loved everything about MK9.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By Castiel

I'm excited for this game, but I have reached the point where I get a little dissapointed every time I see a new game is also being developed for the last gen consoles. And it's not to sound elitist, cause I don't even own a PS4, Xbox One or a powerful PC yet, but I want to see developers given as much creative freedom as possible and they can only do that if they forget the last gen versions.

Again it was not my intention derail this thread, but I just want developers not to hold back because they have to make it for the old consoles as well. In essence I want the best looking, best runnning etc. fighting game ever and they can only do that once they start to focus exclusively on the new consoles. That's also why the exclusive games tend to look a lot better, I mean just look at Infamous: Second Son and compare it to Watch Dogs. Infamous looks way better in my opinion and it does so because it's made exclusively for a next gen system and didn't have to have older systems in mind. Anyway now that I got that off my chest. I'm definitely excited for more Mortal Kombat.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel: To be fair, I listed the platforms because they were part of the MKX retailer leak. They're likely but, as far as I know, no platforms have been officially announced for the game, so who knows what's going to happen since it's relatively far off.

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mooseymcman said:

I think Block Button works for MK. It would be dumb at this point to change that. Because not only do they use it to you know...block its also used to hold yourself in place while you do fatality inputs and its also used as part of special moves liek Sub-zero's slide ect.... Back to block works for a lot of games but because of what the core foundation of Mortal Kombat is removing the block button would be a BAD idea.

I guess MK will never be for me then at a competitive level... Having a button ruins the cross up game and bums me out.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@fluxwavez: Well in that case I hope they focus on current gen, for some reason I still think it's kinda weird to call PS4 and Xbox One current gen, and just forget about the old gen.

I Hope 2015 will be the year where we start to see more and more of a focus to release the multiplatform titles only on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, if it wasn't clear, the trailer is all CG, created by company Digital Dimension.

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The character design looks really awesome. Excited for this!

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we're gonna have hot rap beats over MK fights then I'm sold.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
GIANT BOMB DOT GIF CITY DOT COM
GIANT BOMB DOT GIF CITY DOT COM

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might be the first fighting game I actually get into since SF4 on the 3DS (even that was just to have something for my 3DS). Wasn't in a position to buy MK9, and by the time I was able to I was past it. MK has always looked rad however, and I much prefer the weighty fighting over other fighting games

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By chaser324

@ulquiokani said:

"Mortal Kombat X" actually isn't the full title. It's really "Mortal Kombat X Wu-Tang Clan" and will be canon with Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ulquiokani said:

"Mortal Kombat X" actually isn't the full title. It's really "Mortal Kombat X Wu-Tang Clan" and will be canon with Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style.

One can dream. Scorpion pulls off his mask to finally reveal his true non-skull face, and it's ODB.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My one big hope is that they handle the DLC properly and FORCE everyone to download the DLC files. Not doing that fragmented the online userbase on MK9 horribly. Yay I bought all this DLC and now I have to go hunt for a specific lobby where everyone has DLC to even be able to use the thing I bought. Please Ed don't fuck that up its what killed MK9 for me finally.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By damodar

Agreed! Unfortunately, if it was done in-house, the trailer confirms that they still don't have good animators :P

As far as the block button goes, I think it's a terrible design decision, but unfortunately, it's so much a part of MK that they might just be stuck with it now. Watching two character just stand and block at each other is awesome. But yeah, Injustice immediately had a more interesting wake-up game, it'll be a shame to go back. But will we also get to keep the almost completely superfluous stance change button? :D

Oh well, I'll check out more MK. MK9 was a big step forward for them, but it still had so many weird issues that showed that it was their first foray into thinking about the games for competitive play more. Injustice improved in a bunch of ways and was just generally a lot less wonky. So I'm interested to see what they come up with.

@demoskinos: If you didn't play much Injustice, they did handle it better. I can't remember if they FORCED people to get the DLC or not, but the packs were incentivised, like get the Zatanna DLC data and get this hot Superman alt.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The block button is one of Mortal Kombat's distinguishing gameplay characteristics. The system emphasizes mix-ups over cross-ups. There's no way it's changing.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Official PlayStation Youtube channel uploaded the trailer too. Includes some more details:

For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contestwhere every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

Also, official platforms announced. Both current gen. and last gen.:

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@flstyle said:

@gaff said:

Don't assume that was the same Sub-Zero, either.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By musubi

Official PlayStation Youtube channel uploaded the trailer too. Includes some more details:

For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contestwhere every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

Whoa. I'm not entirely sure what this all means but holy fuck that sounds cool whatever it is.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Maybe a little more differentiation in the character design too.