• 80 results
damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By damodar

Who will be the MKX version of Vanilla Sagat? Will there be a version of Scorpion I don't hate playing for the first time in an MK game since like UMK3?

Seriously though, I wonder how different these variations will be, because that could have pretty huge balance implications. And will they just literally have a few different versions of each character designed differently, or will the system be more akin to CvS style Grooves, SF Alpha -isms etc...

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@damodar said:

Who will be the MKX version of Vanilla Sagat?

MK 9 Kabal

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By mrfluke

@jeff said:

@flstyle said:

@gaff said:

Wait, I thought Sub Zero was turned into a cyborg at the end of 9?

Don't assume this game uses MK9's universe as its story.

Don't assume that was the same Sub-Zero, either.

if they are going with the Mk9 storyline and picking up from there, the one that turned into a cyborg was Kai Lang i believe (the MK3 era younger subzero), the other subzero Bi Han (MK1-MK2 era the older brother) was the one that scorpion killed and the one that turned into Noob Saibot,

but Noob Saibot also died at the end of MK9, again, if they pick up the story from Mk9, unless they have some sort of outworld magic to turn back cyborgs into humans, this subzero could be a resurrected Bi Han. and they could do something interesting with that from a story perspective and continue the revenge story and have Bi Han be out for revenge for Scorpion.

thats the most exciting part for me with this new game, seeing how the hell they continue the story after the buckwild events of MK9.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm curious to see if the "multiple versions of each character" means that they'll resolve killing most of the characters in MK9 with a bunch of multiverse hooey. (and I mean "hooey" in the best way... I like my MK stories to be silly and contrived)

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By mrfluke

thats a shame that the debut trailer is CG, but as they confirmed Gamplay for E3 and i believe during the teasing Ed hinted that we'ill see the game specifically at sony's press conference, not too much longer to wait.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@mrfluke said:

thats a shame that the debut trailer is CG, but as they confirmed Gamplay for E3 and i believe during the teasing Ed hinted that we'ill see the game specifically at sony's press conference, not too much longer to wait.

Well to be honest there was a lot of gameplay elements in this CG trailer, i'm sure it gives us a good idea on what the game is going to be like.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is one good looking trailer.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@mrfluke said:

Well to be honest there was a lot of gameplay elements in this CG trailer, i'm sure it gives us a good idea on what the game is going to be like.

Yeah, I think Injustice style enviroment stuff is a no-brainer at this point.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

@mrfluke said:

Yeah, I think Injustice style enviroment stuff is a no-brainer at this point.

Exactly, but it's seems to have it style from the trailer, definitely not the exact same thing from injustice.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Bummed that the game is cross gen, but that trailer was fucking awesome. Mortal Kombat 9 was probably my favourite fighter after SFIV last gen, so I can't wait for this next entry.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By vaiz

@shagge said:

I'm curious to see if the "multiple versions of each character" means that they'll resolve killing most of the characters in MK9 with a bunch of multiverse hooey. (and I mean "hooey" in the best way... I like my MK stories to be silly and contrived)

That's pretty much what I'm thinking/hoping. I mean, they established JJ Abrams Star Trek style multiple timelines in MK9, so the natural next step for a franchise with this level of batshit crazy lore is to go full multiversity with this business. That'd be dope as hell.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@chaser324 said:

@ulquiokani said:

If we're gonna have hot rap beats over MK fights then I'm sold.

"Mortal Kombat X" actually isn't the full title. It's really "Mortal Kombat X Wu-Tang Clan" and will be canon with Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style.

One can dream. Scorpion pulls off his mask to finally reveal his true non-skull face, and it's ODB.

Actually, at this point that would probably be a skull face too.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By micemoney

@chaser324 said:

@ulquiokani said:

If we're gonna have hot rap beats over MK fights then I'm sold.

"Mortal Kombat X" actually isn't the full title. It's really "Mortal Kombat X Wu-Tang Clan" and will be canon with Wu-Tang: Shaolin Style.

One can dream. Scorpion pulls off his mask to finally reveal his true non-skull face, and it's ODB.

I am not worthy of such a game.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Hey, I'll take a pretty PC version at or near launch. Secretly the best trend in fighting games is viability on PC. WOO!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Blegh interactables again? Looks like another NRS fighting game I'll play solely for the single-player and maybe some lab time so I can flex my creative combo juices.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Nodima

Yes, the idea of Mortal Kombat soundtracked by Mike Will, 808 Mafia, Drumma Boy, HCP and more is all that will be ringing through my head now. This must be life. If Raiden ends up with a theme song by Zaytoven, the world would be just.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray
@mrfluke said:

@jeff said:

@flstyle said:

@gaff said:

if they are going with the Mk9 storyline and picking up from there, the one that turned into a cyborg was Kai Lang i believe (the MK3 era younger subzero), the other subzero Bi Han (MK1-MK2 era the older brother) was the one that scorpion killed and the one that turned into Noob Saibot,

but Noob Saibot also died at the end of MK9, again, if they pick up the story from Mk9, unless they have some sort of outworld magic to turn back cyborgs into humans, this subzero could be a resurrected Bi Han. and they could do something interesting with that from a story perspective and continue the revenge story and have Bi Han be out for revenge for Scorpion.

thats the most exciting part for me with this new game, seeing how the hell they continue the story after the buckwild events of MK9.

I think it's safe to assume, at this point, that they have a warehouse of Sub-brothers with revenge complexes ready to step in and take on the mantle. But no matter how many they are, they will NEVER best Scorpion. EVER! PERIOD! ....That said, I ain't sure whether Noob Saibot actually died at the end of the last game. Far as I understood it, he was merely dispatched by being thrown into that great vortex.

Considering just how many characters died the last time around, they're either going to have to entirely scrap the last MK story line, have the elder gods decide to revive the entire bunch for some unknown reason, or go some REALLY crazy places with this story. I personally hope it's the last option, but hey, as long as I don't have to fight Shao Khan again, I'm happy.

I will say that I think it was a genuine mistake to release this trailer today. Compared to the Red Viper vs The Mountain fight, even the fatality here seemed really tame. Suppose they couldn't have known, but it does lessen the impact more than a little. Still a great trailer, but some really shitty music.

HelicopterSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm worried that they're going to hew too much to MK4. I mean, the story of MK9 was certainly headed that way, but they also seem to be bringing back those bonebreaker moves. That armpit uppercut from Scorpion I think was lifted straight from 4. Also, Sub Zero snapping off a branch and using it as a weapon seems a lot like the weapons in 4 and the sorta lame stage moves from Injustice. I'm sorta worried about this one.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

@do_the_manta_ray: Funny thing about that big spinny vortex is that the last time someone got thrown into one, it was Scorpion back in one of the previous MK games and it ended with him getting picked up by the Elder Gods and turned into some kind of divine instrument to do their will on Earth. Same might happen to Noob Saibot, resulting in Scorpion and the first Sub Zero both being crazy ninja ghosts simultaneously.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#72  Edited By csl316

So like... Def Jam x MK?

Even if it's a CG trailer, NetherRealm has quietly been a technical powerhouse for years. I'm assuming the game will look quite nice.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Finally, it was about damn time this got announced. I just loved the last one, the only one that held up to the first three games.

By the way the song in that trailer is fucking terrible.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm worried that they're going to hew too much to MK4. I mean, the story of MK9 was certainly headed that way, but they also seem to be bringing back those bonebreaker moves. That armpit uppercut from Scorpion I think was lifted straight from 4. Also, Sub Zero snapping off a branch and using it as a weapon seems a lot like the weapons in 4 and the sorta lame stage moves from Injustice. I'm sorta worried about this one.

Injustice couldn't use back breakers gory ass fucked up moves because there are certain limits to how brutal a superhero dc game could be, and the stage moves were pretty great, a nice mixture of moves. looks like MK is taking it to the next level.

Scottjay01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Scottjay01

Hmm just based on the stage, I wonder if this could be a prequel to MK9's version of MK1 story? Then again Scorpion already has is "Un-Dead" ability's it would seem

Otherwise no idea how Sub Zero is alive.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@fluxwavez: This was written in the video description on the PlayStation YouTube channel's upload of the trailer, might be worth adding to the OP:

"For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy."

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mrfluke

@mrfluke said:

@jeff said:

@flstyle said:

@gaff said:

I think it's safe to assume, at this point, that they have a warehouse of Sub-brothers with revenge complexes ready to step in and take on the mantle. But no matter how many they are, they will NEVER best Scorpion. EVER! PERIOD! ....That said, I ain't sure whether Noob Saibot actually died at the end of the last game. Far as I understood it, he was merely dispatched by being thrown into that great vortex.

Considering just how many characters died the last time around, they're either going to have to entirely scrap the last MK story line, have the elder gods decide to revive the entire bunch for some unknown reason, or go some REALLY crazy places with this story. I personally hope it's the last option, but hey, as long as I don't have to fight Shao Khan again, I'm happy.

I will say that I think it was a genuine mistake to release this trailer today. Compared to the Red Viper vs The Mountain fight, even the fatality here seemed really tame. Suppose they couldn't have known, but it does lessen the impact more than a little. Still a great trailer, but some really shitty music.

as funny as that would be, its really just Bi Han and Kai Lang as the core subzeros :p. and your right about the soulnado thing, he could very well come back now as the OG subzero. they did the same thing to scorpion at the end of deadly alliance and made him a good guy in deception.

Loading Video...

unless they are really going to go real fucking buckwild and amazing and mess with multiple timelines and multiple universes now, i cant see them discarding the story they set up at the end of Mk9.

and i dont really know if they were intending on competing with the fatality in game of thrones, that was real raw no doubt, but Mk always has been more stylish with their fatalities than a straight raw beatdown like what happened in game of thrones.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#78  Edited By Hunter5024

So if Tekken has Snoop Dogg, and Mortal Kombat gets Wiz Khalifa, which hip hop artists are associated with other fighting games? First to Ice T wins.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So if Tekken has Snoop Dogg, and Mortal Kombat gets Wiz Khalifa, which hip hop artists are associated with other fighting games? First to Ice T wins.

Well, Street Fighter is either Infinite or Ice Cube (I say Ice Cube), depending on if you go by Third Strike or Street Fighter: The Movie: The Soundtrack, respectively.

Now, if we're talking "present in spirit" instead of "present in soundtrack", then I think we can all agree that classic beloved hit Rise Of The Robots is basically Chingy in game form. Not sure why, but I'll stand by that statement until I die.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I'm...hesitant. As much as I'm interested in seeing how they continue from MK9's story, if they shit the bed storywise again, I'm done.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah we get it Ed Boon, you love Scorpion and hate Sub Zero. I hope Dave Lang never stops hotshotting in front of you you son of a bitch.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know it's 2 months later but just forgot about this site and others for a while. As a huge longtime MK fan, can answer a few questions and make a few statements as someone who also plays competitively.

-For the guys saying block is bad for MK, not at all..it fits perfectly and helps against that lame crossover crap you can abuse in SF, Injustice. Back to block works for those games, but leave that nonsense out of MK please. MK was the first fighter to have a block button and it should forever remain that way just as holding back to block should for SF...period.

-The Sub-Zero comments, it's NOT the same Sub-Zero willing to bet. It's probably a relative of Bi-Han and Kuai Liang OR just another Cyromancer who also represents the Lin Kuei (if not related to the former Sub-Zero's) than he's just a new cyronmancer that's apparently the new Grand Master of the Lin Kuei as he has the medallion in one of his costumes/variations.

-MK can be and has been played at high level regardless of what block is, I've done so tons of times online and offline plus just look up Evo among many MLG events that had the game. But I suppose block button isn't for everyone.

MK's story has always been awesome, so can't complain there. At least it has a story compared to other fighters that have little to none or if one usually crappy compared to MK's.

MK X will be a great fighting game, probably better than MK 9 was which was a great game in it's own right.