Amazing spam I received: "Re: Best!BlackJack%Now"

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By Xeiphyer

I received this spam email earlier today, and was extremely amazed by it. Its no ordinary poorly written engrish spam trying to get my creditcard info or other such nonsense, this one is special.

Re: Best!BlackJack%Now

MaNy of the Divine PrO#Mi(seS are addr@essed to PartiCulaR chaRacters, ~oR, more corr~e ct!ly speaking, to particu(Lar @graceS. FoR example, in P^salm 25:9, the Lord declares that He wil l "guide ~iN jUdgment" the meeK; b!uT if I am out of c*ommUnion with Him, i#f I am follow&in#g *a cou#rs*e of self-wi&ll, ~if my h!Eart iS ha&uGhTy, thEn I am Not just%ifieD i n taking to m!ys*elf tHe comfor~t of !this verse. htT!p://kelDa6d.youtu Be.Com/5410.html A~gaiN, ~In JOHn 15:7, the Lord @t@ell S us, "If y~e abide in Me, and %m@y words aBIde in yoU, ye shall a#sk what ye wil$l, and it Shall Be dOnE unTo y o*U. , " But i~f I am Not in expeRiment%aL communion with Him, if H(i&s commanDs are not reguLating ^mY cond$ucT, theN my prayers Will rem@ain uNAnsw%eRed. 

I like that the subject has a Re: As if the spam is in reply to me, or to somebody else. The link goes to a online blackjack playing website by the way (Tried it from school), which makes sense considering the subject line about BlackJack. What DOESN'T make sense though, is the entire fucking rest of it. Assuming someone decides to continue reading this little slice of joy, reading some bible verse, are they going to click the link? A link randomly inserted that makes no sense?! Lets assume they do, for the sake of stupidity. What do you suppose the venn diagram cross over is like between devout Christians who read bible verse spam emails and people who gamble online? I would wager its a pretty slim amount, which makes this spam meant for very specific people. 

Also, there's the whole issue about the way its written... random symbols and capitalization and complete bastardization of the english language. Was that to avoid spam filters? I guess it worked, I did receive it, mind you it was packed with warnings about not viewing it or clicking anything etc etc. 

So what is everyone's take on this? Other than its the most magnificently crafted piece of literature ever, and that we are lucky to receive such a blessing from the gods.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Xeiphyer

I received this spam email earlier today, and was extremely amazed by it. Its no ordinary poorly written engrish spam trying to get my creditcard info or other such nonsense, this one is special.

Re: Best!BlackJack%Now

MaNy of the Divine PrO#Mi(seS are addr@essed to PartiCulaR chaRacters, ~oR, more corr~e ct!ly speaking, to particu(Lar @graceS. FoR example, in P^salm 25:9, the Lord declares that He wil l "guide ~iN jUdgment" the meeK; b!uT if I am out of c*ommUnion with Him, i#f I am follow&in#g *a cou#rs*e of self-wi&ll, ~if my h!Eart iS ha&uGhTy, thEn I am Not just%ifieD i n taking to m!ys*elf tHe comfor~t of !this verse. htT!p://kelDa6d.youtu Be.Com/5410.html A~gaiN, ~In JOHn 15:7, the Lord @t@ell S us, "If y~e abide in Me, and %m@y words aBIde in yoU, ye shall a#sk what ye wil$l, and it Shall Be dOnE unTo y o*U. , " But i~f I am Not in expeRiment%aL communion with Him, if H(i&s commanDs are not reguLating ^mY cond$ucT, theN my prayers Will rem@ain uNAnsw%eRed. 

I like that the subject has a Re: As if the spam is in reply to me, or to somebody else. The link goes to a online blackjack playing website by the way (Tried it from school), which makes sense considering the subject line about BlackJack. What DOESN'T make sense though, is the entire fucking rest of it. Assuming someone decides to continue reading this little slice of joy, reading some bible verse, are they going to click the link? A link randomly inserted that makes no sense?! Lets assume they do, for the sake of stupidity. What do you suppose the venn diagram cross over is like between devout Christians who read bible verse spam emails and people who gamble online? I would wager its a pretty slim amount, which makes this spam meant for very specific people. 

Also, there's the whole issue about the way its written... random symbols and capitalization and complete bastardization of the english language. Was that to avoid spam filters? I guess it worked, I did receive it, mind you it was packed with warnings about not viewing it or clicking anything etc etc. 

So what is everyone's take on this? Other than its the most magnificently crafted piece of literature ever, and that we are lucky to receive such a blessing from the gods.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Why did you post a link from the spam site?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

The zodiac killer!?!

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By salad10203

I received the same thing, I think its being sent around by facebook.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No matter what pc you clicked it from, just the fact that you said you did check it shows you're dumb. I mean that in the nicest way of course.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iam3green

weird that you would get that. i get some weird spam from time to time. i get spam from "blizzard" about account issues. the thing is that i used a different email for wow. i even stopped playing wow for a couple of years now. 

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Xeiphyer
@EveretteScott said:
" No matter what pc you clicked it from, just the fact that you said you did check it shows you're dumb. I mean that in the nicest way of course. "
I clicked it from a school computer, which is running linux. I know what I am doing =P
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Video_Game_King said:
" Why did you post a link from the spam site? "
I meant to kill it after I pasted the email, GB managed to keep the link in tact, which never happens. Its dead now.
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@Abyssfull said:
" The zodiac killer!?! "
That's exactly what I was thinking
ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ssj4raditz
@iam3green said:
" weird that you would get that. i get some weird spam from time to time. i get spam from "blizzard" about account issues. the thing is that i used a different email for wow. i even stopped playing wow for a couple of years now.  "
I get the same kind of mail from "Blizzard" and I've never played Wow in my life!
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Red12b

Yeah I get emails from Blizzard, I have never played or had games on my PC from Activision, fuck knows where that spam came from...
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By iam3green
@ssj4raditz said:
" @iam3green said:
" weird that you would get that. i get some weird spam from time to time. i get spam from "blizzard" about account issues. the thing is that i used a different email for wow. i even stopped playing wow for a couple of years now.  "
I get the same kind of mail from "Blizzard" and I've never played Wow in my life! "
i wounder if anyone falls for them like click on their links and putting in their password information because i just looked at it, i get a lot of them a day.
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By halberdierv2

hey, Xei

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I got a similar spam e-mail recently as well.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

I'm glad that I haven't received anything like that. Shit's fucking creepy.