Anime discussion thread.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4901  Edited By Animasta

I've decided to watch school days, told me to.

that ending sounds amazing

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4902  Edited By No0b0rAmA

@Animasta: The truth is that always makes bad reccomendations. You could be watching a lot of better things.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4903  Edited By Cloudenvy

@No0b0rAmA said:

@Animasta: The truth is that always makes bad reccomendations. You could be watching a lot of better things.

I admit nothing!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4904  Edited By Animasta

@No0b0rAmA said:

this is probably true

but

fuck it why not

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Animasta said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

this is probably true

but

fuck it why not

I've come back from the dead to say you should definitely watch School Days!

Speaking of coming back from the dead, even though it's not quite related to anime, Warm Bodies is actually a pretty sweet movie. Actually, I could relate it to anime by saying it's only very superficially reminiscent of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka while being a lot more true to the whole zombie thing and actually quite endearing without getting totally insane (i.e. no necromancers or magical girls or vampire ninjas). It was what I would've thought Kore wa Zombie Desu ka was supposed to be if you only showed me the first few minutes of it without actually explaining the premise, since IIRC it totally opens with the nonchalant reveal the main character narrating that he is in fact a zombie.

Actually, it's probably nothing like Kore wa Zombie Desu ka but for some reason the anime was kind of in the back of my mind at points of the movie. I really loved Warm Bodies though even though I actually didn't expect much going into it.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4906  Edited By rubberluffy

Just finished reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Stone Ocean, and goddamn was it amazing. Jolyne is definitely one of the best JoJo's, but also one of the best female characters I've seen in manga/anime. But I have no idea how this was still being published in Weekly Shonen Jump, I know it switches to a seinen mag during Part 7, but P6 would have fit in just as well.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4907  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Animasta said:

I've decided to watch school days, told me to.

that ending sounds amazing

That whole show is amazing. At a certain point, it's very obvious someone said "fuck it" because it's ridiculousness compounds on itself to create what can only be described as Shakespearean.

Sound like I'm overselling this? I'm not. You should probably watch it lol.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4908  Edited By penguindust

I watched Hellsing, the series over the weekend. I found it more than a little boring for such a high profile franchise. I hope the OVAs are better. I'll check out a few next weekend.

I also watched Busou Shinki. It wasn't any good for the most part, but I enjoyed it anyway. It required a complete suspension of belief even within its own boundaries. Why would anyone create 7-inch/15cm robots that can cry, sweat, or catch colds? I'm not talking about software viruses, I mean sniffling, coughing, stuffy-head colds. They also all have magic armor and weapons which disappear and reappear from nowhere. The series itself is a harem, but the male is barely in the show so it's actually more like a moe slice-of-life adventure. Some combat sequences are well choreographed but that's expected. This is another show aimed squarely at the pathetic, eternal-virgin otaku demographic who dream about owning tiny girlfriends who worship them or at least that's what the anime creators must believe. I should add that these are all real-world toys you can buy (less technologically advanced, of course), so the series is really a 25 minute commercial. But, hey it worked for The Transformers.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4909  Edited By golguin

I finished up Bodacious Space Pirates. I had never seen an anime that emphasized space battleship fighting, but I enjoyed it. I have less than a week left on my free crunchyroll subscription so I don't know if I should rewatch the Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari episodes or try something else.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4910  Edited By Cloudenvy

@golguin said:

I finished up Bodacious Space Pirates. I had never seen an anime that emphasized space battleship fighting, but I enjoyed it. I have less than a week left on my free crunchyroll subscription so I don't know if I should rewatch the Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari episodes or try something else.

This sounds like the best decision. I approve.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4911  Edited By TobbRobb

@PenguinDust: The OVAs are way better. But you should probably take "better" with a grain of salt when it comes to Hellsing. Also, I'm pretty sure they aren't finished yet.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4912  Edited By penguindust

@TobbRobb said:

@PenguinDust: The OVAs...to Hellsing. Also, I'm pretty sure they aren't finished yet.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably hold off then. These things are ridiculously slow to arrive it seems. Then again, when was the last Gundam Unicorn supposed to come out?

On a completely different topic, I think I'll watch some more Smile Precure tonight. I'm a little more than halfway through at this point. It's a lot like Yes Precure 5 but somewhat better, but I don't hold YP5 in very high regard. These 5 girl teams always stand in the shadow of Sailor Moon, plus there isn't enough suspense over the course of the series. HeartCatch, Suite, and Fresh are better since they keep the team membership slightly smaller and they continue to introduce new members halfway and later during their runs. You'll start with just two heroines, run with just those for 20 episodes then you add one and 10 down from that, another. Originally, there were just two Pretty Cures for 50 episodes. I think those roots need to be respected. The new Doki Doki Precure has just 4 members revealed, so I am hoping it's more like the HeartCatch or Suite. It's not good to introduce everyone in the first 5 episodes.

Yes, I know it's weird to talk about magical girl shows here, but I like their upbeat nature. As I've said before depressing or humorless shows don't really appeal to me. Lighter fare is more my style and breezy magical girl shows are part of that set...well except for Madoka. My favorites are probably HeartCatch Precure, Sailor Moon R, Shugo Chara, Magic Knight Rayearth and the second half of CardCaptor Sakura. Tantei Opera Milky Holmes and Yumeiro Patissiere have magical-like elements in their series but I'm not sure I'd classify them as magical girl shows in the traditional sense. Still good shows though. Tantei is infectiously-silly fun.

I like shows where the power of friendship and wanting to see everyone's smile wins the day. I am very simple that way.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4913  Edited By Wraith1

So apparently Fate/Zero is getting an English dub that will air on Neon Alley in the spring

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4914  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Oh, Medaka Box, my dear, sweet Medaka Box. Just when I think you can't surprise me once again, Nisio Isin bursts into the room, punches me in the face, and shouts "YEAH MOFUCKA, GOT YOU AGAIN!"

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4915  Edited By TobbRobb

@BabyChooChoo: And that is why it's still the best. <3

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4917  Edited By TobbRobb

@GrantHeaslip: No idea. I remember that episode feeling really weird and out of place though. Not a fan personally.

Maybe rewatching it a year later will explain it? XD

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4919  Edited By Petiew

I say this pretty much every week, but shit just got real in shin sekai yori. (I promise, this time) 

There's really only one way a kid could be brought up without the brainwashing and death feedback without the education board finding out, and Maria's words at the end of episode 18 make the outcome kind of obvious. I wonder if they're controlling him in the same way as the Queens or if it's voluntary.
If anyone's still watching would the boy be a Fiend or a Karma Demon? I know one lacks death feedback and the other unconsciously releases their cantus, but I can't remember which is which. 

I think it's really interesting how all of this information we've learned about the world and the way things are run over the course of the series are coming into play.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4920  Edited By Ravelle

Jojo's episodes are way too short and the latest episode was one hell of a cliffhanger.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4921  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I don't come in this thread often but I want to say @Animasta said:

@No0b0rAmA said:

this is probably true

but

fuck it why not

Don't watch this show if you have no already. Well, you can watch it but just know it is awful. There was some potential burried deep inside it. That is the reason I dislike it so much for destroying a decent concept.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this thread had vanished again.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam said:

I thought this thread had vanished again.

anime will never die, but you will

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DrifterInGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguindust:

@tobbrobb:

Actually the tenth and final episode of Ultimate came out in Japan this past December, with the English versions of nine and ten TBA.

I think Ultimate is much better, which is in no small part due to the fact that they actually follow the manga, where as the original anime took a handful of characters and tried to make it's own plot.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is still a thing!?

So any ways about Little Busters!, did they change things about Haruka's route and combined it with Kanata's arc?

@dochaus said:

Oh hey this thread is still here.

You might find this video relevant.

sadly I do find that video relevant

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4928  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Don't know if anyone caught this news earlier. Could not possibly be more excited since GITS is, by far, my favorite series.. New designs might take a while to get used to, but still, I squealed like a middle school girl in the front row at a Beiber concert when I saw this.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know if anyone caught this news earlier. Could not possibly be more excited. New designs might take a while to get used to, but still, I squealed like a middle school girl in the front row at a Beiber concert when I saw this.

yep saw that earlier today

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

was going to post these earlier today but had trouble getting to the site

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only seen the movie, didn't get around to see the series yet.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been trying to watch JoJo's but I keep getting distracted by the first two episodes of way too many different series. I should really just pick a show and watch it.

As for Ghost in the Shell I liked the movie and have been meaning to watch SAC. But I won't yet, because this time I should actually just watch JoJo's.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@wraith1 said:

@babychoochoo

said:

Don't know if anyone caught this news earlier. Could not possibly be more excited. New designs might take a while to get used to, but still, I squealed like a middle school girl in the front row at a Beiber concert when I saw this.

yep saw that earlier today

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

was going to post these earlier today but had trouble getting to the site

Loading Video...

That new opening looks terrible. This should fix it.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't I search for this thread anymore :(

Oh well, lets hope the "watch" feature will work fine and not be obnoxious.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb said:

Why can't I search for this thread anymore :(

Oh well, lets hope the "watch" feature will work fine and not be obnoxious.

I just bookmarked the last page of the thread and updated it every time there was a new last page. Worked since the 70's.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4935  Edited By BabyChooChoo
No Caption Provided

I don't care how much it costs. All I know is I want it. Now.

Now.

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm glad GitS is back but I'm not really diggin the new art style. Felt the same about Blood-C

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I don't care how much it costs. All I know is I want it. Now.

Now.

Is that Kazuno? If so I want one too

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently finished watching Revolutionary Girl Utena (I own all 3 parts of Nozomi's Remastered DVD Editions) and the end of it all actually shocked me like hell, yet it made sense and it was fun. The movie however didn't and was all kinds of bananas, especially in terms of the plot.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigheart711: I've been eyeing that show for a while. Would you say it's worth a watch?

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wraith1: Yep, it's Kazuno. I think including her swords was an absolute must for this figure to be even remotely interesting lol. I like Horizon so much, I'd probably still get it regardless, but I think it's safe to say that that fight is what made her so memorable so it's for the best to make a figure about it.

Also, I saw some pics for a Futayo figure being done by another company, but it's just her standing there holding Tonbokiri (...of course). It looks good and all, but man, dat Kazuno.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a moment of weakness I bought, let's say...A lot of Nana Mizuki stuff. Help me guys, I spent way too much. : (

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, Medaka Box, my dear, sweet Medaka Box. Just when I think you can't surprise me once again, Nisio Isin bursts into the room, punches me in the face, and shouts "YEAH MOFUCKA, GOT YOU AGAIN!"

I fucking love that show. Tell me we're getting more seasons.

PLEASE.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4943  Edited By Cloudenvy

@smokeyd123 said:

@babychoochoo said:

I fucking love that show. Tell me we're getting more seasons.

PLEASE.

I feel like I can say with some authority that we will definitely not see anyone take another stab at a Medaka Box anime for a while. But that's just me guessing from the abysmal sales!

EDIT: (You should totally read the manga thooough)

EDIT 2: You know, the worst part is that they stopped RIGHT BEFORE the best arc of the manga. God dang it.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4944  Edited By Wraith1

@smokeyd123: have you been reading the manga? if not you really should

In honor of Valentine's Day I'm posting the greatest love confession ever

Loading Video...

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4945  Edited By smokeyd123

@wraith1: Sadly no. I've heard really good things about it though. I could never get into Horizon, it seemed convoluted and just... slow I suppose.

@cloudenvy: Abysmal sales... Sad day. I was really into that.

In case anyone hasn't heard, Fire Emblem Awakening is getting some pretty nice figures.

Just thought I'd mention it because, well, anime.

Avatar image for informationhigh
informationhigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a moment of weakness I bought, let's say...A lot of Nana Mizuki stuff. Help me guys, I spent way too much. : (

There is no such thing when it comes to Nana Mizuki. (What did you get)

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloudenvy said:

Just about every album I could get my hands on that I didn't already have and some live stuff. It's all so worth it but I feel so poor now!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Don't know if anyone caught this news earlier. Could not possibly be more excited since GITS is, by far, my favorite series.. New designs might take a while to get used to, but still, I squealed like a middle school girl in the front row at a Beiber concert when I saw this.

Yeah I posted about this when it was announced back on page 95 last month, not sure whether it's a direct prequel to any of the existing universes, be it the manga plot, the films plot, the Stand Alone Complex plot or a brand new one entirely, but I'll watch it regardless.

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smokeyd123: I was talking about the Medaka manga, that Horizon thing was for every one else

smokeyd123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@informationhigh said:

@cloudenvy said:

Just about every album I could get my hands on that I didn't already have and some live stuff. It's all so worth it but I feel so poor now!

Aye, The same way I feel when I've spent most of me hard earned booty on plastic paraphernalia and Blu-Rei Boxes. Japan... She be a harsh mistress.