Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

So my GF kind of broke down today.  She's having to deal with moving from her home where her Step Dad and Mom divorced.  Her mom moved to the coast while she had to move not to far from where she was originally by staying at her aunt's house.  She's been under a lot of stress since she just got her first job, another divorce happening, moving away from her mother, being a Senior in high school/college (We are taking both at the same time), and her having the highest tier classes like advanced physics and programing. 

I feel bad for her and our 3rd anniversary is coming up next month but she lives an hour away and I haven't been able to find a job yet.  

What should I do for her/get her? 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Someone explain how you can be a senior at high school and college at the same time....

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@KaosAngel: We are in something called an early college where you take both at the same time as high schoolers and you end up graduating with a high school diploma and an associates.
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By scarace360

I dont know what your talking about programming isnt that hard but on the other hand get her ummmmm How much money do you have?

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@scarace360: She never complained about it but I just assumed that programming when you had no practice would be hard. 

I have about $60
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By scarace360
@SethPhotopoulos: O ok she has no practice i could under stand then. Ummmm What can you get for 60$ that will chill her out really well?
BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Get her a bright orange mountain bike.
inhaleandvomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By inhaleandvomit

i'm not sure which the bigger obstacle is for you: distance or finance.  if you are unable to take her out to a romantic dinner, improvise!  surprise her with a picnic.  if your cooking is awful, put something together from a trip to the grocery store.  an evening picnic with candles in a park would be beautiful.  if not, the bedroom floor is just as great.  be spontaneous and sweet; dispense with the formalities of a big gift exchange and the fancy dinner and opt for something DIY and heartfelt.  not only is it easier on the wallet, it'll mean more to both of you in the long run.

i just celebrated my six year anniversary yesterday so i am definitely feeling the romance thing.  good luck, and congratulations!

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@scarace360: She's big into console rpgs?
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@inhaleandvomit: That sounds nice. 

I need to learn more than just frying chicken then.  But I can make cake.
SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SSully

Id personally take a drive out to a nice secluded town, forest preserve, or some grassy area and have a picnic, if you have any money buy her a little something that relates to your relationship(girls love non material objects like that). It will be relaxing for both of you and you can just sit around, eat, and talk with nothing bothering you. Also i write my girlfriend a note every once in awhile and she loves it, just talk about how much she means to you in it and how everything will be alright and what not, self esteem building! She should love it.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Daveyo520
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" Get her a bright orange mountain bike. "
Too formal
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By scarace360
@SethPhotopoulos: What about you get her persona 2?
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@scarace360: That's about to much and if it is like Persona remake on the psp she won't like it. 

She prefers 3 and 4.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By BraveToaster

Make a gift basket and fill it with packs of ramen noodles, and photoshop a card with coupons for free hugs. 

If you can't find a basket or suck at photoshop, just lick her cat.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By scarace360
@SethPhotopoulos: Aww sorry then how about a date sim?
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@scarace360: She's more like a lot of side quest open world rpgs. 

3&4 weren't as linear.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By lazyturtle
@SethPhotopoulos: Well...you've been together for 3 years..what does she like?
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@lazyturtle: It's more like budgetary constraints.  I usually buy her jewelry but I can't do that and I jipped her on Valentines because I had no money. 

I also wanted to do something different this anniversary and new people's ideas always helps. 

A few things that she is into is harlequin romance novels, rpgs, anime (but I don't know much about what type of anime she watches because I barely watch it).
scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By scarace360
@SethPhotopoulos: Dude get her full metal panic and clannad.
Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Ujio
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" So my GF kind of broke down today.  She's having to deal with moving from her home where her Step Dad and Mom divorced.  Her mom moved to the coast while she had to move not to far from where she was originally by staying at her aunt's house.  She's been under a lot of stress since she just got her first job, another divorce happening, moving away from her mother, being a Senior in high school/college (We are taking both at the same time), and her having the highest tier classes like advanced physics and programing.  I feel bad for her and our 3rd anniversary is coming up next month but she lives an hour away and I haven't been able to find a job yet.   What should I do for her/get her?  "
Sex does wonders, bro.
kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kelbear
@SethPhotopoulos: 

Buy a clear glass bowl (doesn't have to be fancy, simple can be construed as elegant). Buy a stack of multi-colored origami paper. The stuff is damned cheap.

Then fold her a ton of origami roses in multiple colors and fill that bowl (you can google video instructions). That shit takes time, and it takes effort, and all of that time and effort was expended in dedication for her.

Believe me, she will LOVE it. And it's dirt cheap, you don't need to spend a lot to give a great gift.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hot_Karl
@inhaleandvomit said:
if you are unable to take her out to a romantic dinner, improvise!  surprise her with a picnic.  if your cooking is awful, put something together from a trip to the grocery store.  an evening picnic with candles in a park would be beautiful.  if not, the bedroom floor is just as great.  be spontaneous and sweet; dispense with the formalities of a big gift exchange and the fancy dinner and opt for something DIY and heartfelt.  not only is it easier on the wallet, it'll mean more to both of you in the long run. 
Although I'm not one with much experience in the female department, I can assure you that unless this girl is a straight-up gold digger, this picnic thing will do just about wonders. It's that whole "came from the heart" mentality that the girl will appreciate, your effort and ingenuity will win her over even if your wallet won't.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Jeust
@SethPhotopoulos: Being there i think would already mean the world to her.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lazyturtle
@SethPhotopoulos: Hmmm..ok. Thing about stuff that requires little to no money. Ok..heres a crazy idea. Buy 2 greyhound tickets (or drive, but greyhound is pretty damn cheap) to somewhere thats not that far and take her camping. 
No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By No0b0rAmA
@lazyturtle: Did you ever hear about the crazy dude who beheaded someone on a greyhound bus?

Does she like mass effect? This is the most time consuming thing ever. Ever. But if your full of awesome material, you could pull it off. 
It's a Mass Effect M8 rifle you can find here
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lazyturtle
@No0b0rAmA: I did hear about that. I myself have rode a greyhound from Florida to California, California to Texas, Texas to California, South to North Florida, and North Carolina to Maryland. Riding a bus kinda sucks, but its also kinda fun. I never had any problems.
Skullo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Skullo

Do the picnics and have her talk about all the stuff that bothering her. It should help.