Any Duders Know About the PACT? (Teachers)

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By asurastrike

I know we have some teachers here on GiantBomb, so I was wondering if anyone knows anything about, or has any tips for, the Performance Assessment For California Teachers?

I'm doing my Phase II Student Teaching and I'm doing my PACT next month. I am still figuring out what I actually want to do for my Teaching Event, and any suggestions for engaging activities would be helpful.

I am a Social Science teacher, teaching 10th Grade World History.

Thanks!

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Man, I'm a teacher in Nebraska and we don't have anything like that. Student teaching evaluations are covered entirely by the university - people you know and have worked with for several semesters. How does it work? Do you get one shot at an observation and interview by assessors, or what?

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By asurastrike

@bwheeeler said:

Man, I'm a teacher in Nebraska and we don't have anything like that. Student teaching evaluations are covered entirely by the university - people you know and have worked with for several semesters. How does it work? Do you get one shot at an observation and interview by assessors, or what?

We have to create a unit and during 3-5 days of that unit record our entire classes. Then from those recordings we choose 2 separate 10 minute segments and submit them unedited along with our lesson plans, student sample work, and roughly 50 pages of explanations and justifications for our lessons. A state panel of graders then review your submission and decide if you are good enough to get your credential. Very fun stuff...

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bwheeeler said:

We have to create a unit and during 3-5 days of that unit record our entire classes. Then from those recordings we choose 2 separate 10 minute segments and submit them unedited along with our lesson plans, student sample work, and roughly 50 pages of explanations and justifications for our lessons. A state panel of graders then review your submission and decide if you are good enough to get your credential. Very fun stuff...

Oh jeeze, you are doing the thing you don't do if you do CalTPA like I did. Yeah, I've heard about this thing, it sounds really rough. If you want, send me a PM and I can hook you up with some teaching materials I have for World.