Anyone take the battery out of their Notebook when at home?

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By WickedCobra03

Like once my summer class was over and once I got back home I more or less took my battery out of my macbook because really, when I am around the house, I am good with just having a laptop and a cord in an outlet.  Even when I go outside to lay on the patio I usually have an extension cord.

Its probably better not to keep charging and uncharging all summer.  And its not the good kind either, like I will use my laptop for only 15 or 20 minutes some days just to check my school email or to sync my iPod, so its not even a good cycle for the battery even if I left it in.

Anyone know how many cycles you can generally get out of their battery?  I have had my macbook since March 2008 and I have 23 cycles put on it.  Thoughts, Comments, Opinions?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i think about 100 until its cut in half, then 500 until its worthless.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike

I've been using laptops exclusively for the last 6 or 7 years and I've never taken the batteries out like that.  I simply plug the laptop in when I'm not going to be moving around for awhile and I never had a problem with premature battery death. 

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Patchinko

To give you an example...

I've gone through 37 cycles on my MacBook Pro and my battery health is at 96%.

Also, the power cord is so easy to pull out that it'd be far too likely to get pulled out, and that would be much worse than an extra cycle on my battery.