Are we still not allowed to swear in forum titles?

scalpel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By scalpel

"Motherfucker" appears on a top story on the front page. Why the inconsistency? Isn't the rule there to make the front page more presentable, or has it been nullified?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zeforgotten

According to the Staff and some of the Mods. that ZMF guy is "special" 

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CaLe

Did you have something particular in mind?

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Brendan

Because Ryan finds ZMF funny.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ripelivejam

@ZeForgotten said:

what kind of "special" though?

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TruthTellah

@ripelivejam said:

@ZeForgotten said:

what kind of "special" though?

Both kinds of special.

scalpel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By scalpel

@CaLe: What?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaLe

@scalpel said:

A particular thread title you wanted to use, I mean. I guess you are just asking in general, my bad.

Yeah, Ryan, and seemingly a chunk of GB users seem to like that ZMF guy so he gets an exception. But don't dare question it, else you'll be accused of lacking a sense of humour and not 'getting it.'

scalpel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By scalpel

@CaLe said:

@scalpel said:

A particular thread title you wanted to use, I mean.

No, not really. Just thought it was worth pointing out that only limiting one part of the front page from having swear words makes the whole undertaking a bit pointless.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ripelivejam

can't wait to use the title !!!COCKBITING JIZZSPLODER!!! and then follow it up with a deeply personal and lengthy account of the ways my choices in the Walking Dead tied to my real-life circumstances leading to a balanced, nuanced, and surprisingly friendly discussion the likes of which GB has never seen :)

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Animasta

@CaLe said:

@scalpel said:

A particular thread title you wanted to use, I mean. I guess you are just asking in general, my bad.

Yeah, Ryan, and seemingly a chunk of GB users seem to like that ZMF guy so he gets an exception. But don't dare question it, else you'll be accused of lacking a sense of humour and not 'getting it.'

haha still angry about it huh?

and besides, you obviously don't get it because then you wouldn't question why. Not that that's a bad thing or a good thing, but still.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CaLe

@Animasta said:

and besides, you obviously don't get it because then you wouldn't question why. Not that that's a bad thing or a good thing, but still.

Still projecting emotional states onto others through the powers of text reading? You should go for Randi's Million Dollar Challenge.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By sweep  Moderator

It's still against the rules. However, like any rule, there will always be exceptions.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By musubi
@Animasta

@CaLe said:

@scalpel said:

I get that typing in all caps and acting like a tryhard isn't funny or clever at all. But clearly Im a humorless dolt and not just someone would would like to see rules consistently applied across the board. Silly me.
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TruthTellah

@CaLe said:

@Animasta said:

Still projecting emotional states onto others through the powers of text reading? You should go for Randi's Million Dollar Challenge.

Calm down, yall. You're both the prettiest in the New Year Ball. <3

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

@Demoskinos said:

@Animasta

@CaLe said:

@scalpel said:

I get that typing in all caps and acting like a tryhard isn't funny or clever at all. But clearly Im a humorless dolt and not just someone would would like to see rules consistently applied across the board. Silly me.

that's subjective as all humor is.

and to be quite honest I find him mildly funny but the all caps part is not why.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CaLe

@TruthTellah said:

@CaLe said:

@Animasta said:

Rocking the French painter look today. Look closely and you can see my seething anger over this ZMF business. Maybe you can't, but clearly Animastaちゃん can.

No Caption Provided
Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Xeirus

@Sweep said:

It's still against the rules. However, like any rule, there will always be exceptions.

Allow me to say, in this instance, that's really stupid.

Not to mention it's an exception to the rule for a guy who got banned, for the rules... irony much?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

If something's in the rules it's probably against the rules, so yeah, we still don't allow swearing in thread titles here. Ultimately the title of ZMF's new article has nothing to do with us, but I will say there is a big difference between swearing being allowed in a title of a single news article of a friend of the site, and every single person on the forums being able to fill them with threads that have swearing in the title.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Drebin_893

Surely it would have more to do with the fact that, if a swear word is seen in a forum title on search engines then anyone will come in and think they make a forum title with swear words in it.

If it's attached to an article then, while it might still appear in search engines, the user wouldn't assume they can swear in forum titles.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TruthTellah

@CaLe said:

@TruthTellah said:

@Animasta said:

@CaLe said:

Rocking the French painter look today. Look closely and you can see my seething anger over this ZMF business. Maybe you can't, but clearly Animastaちゃん can.

No Caption Provided

I feel like this is the picture the news would use if you went out and killed someone or blew up a building tomorrow, and they would say,

"Above the image, he coldly noted: 'Look closely and you can see my seething anger...'"

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CaLe

@TruthTellah said:

I feel like this is the picture the news would use if you went out and killed someone or blew up a building tomorrow, and they would say,

"Above the image, he coldly noted: 'Look closely and you can see my seething anger...'"

Oh, I've got an even better picture for such an occasion:

No Caption Provided
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By crusader8463

Double standards.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TruthTellah

@CaLe said:

@TruthTellah said:

Oh, I've got an even better picture for that one:

No Caption Provided

"Clear Cries for Help on Violent Gaming Forum. A Powder Keg Ready to Blow!"

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Ryan finds Zodiac ridiculously funny, for whatever reason. I'm still unsure why. It doesn't really matter though because he pops up but once a year.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By august

Man posting on giantbomb.com sure is hard huh guys.

TheJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheJohn

Happy new year, kids. Hope y'all are having a good one tonight!

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@crusader8463

Double standards.

It is. But from their comments it sounds like the mods aren't exactly happy about it either. Again, his shtick only pops up once a year these days. Maybe 2013 is the year he gets bored.
Kepler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kepler

Fuck no!