Are you afraid of death?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By BraveToaster

It scares me, mainly because of the idea of Hell.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Zithe

@mano521 said:

i guess so. i mean id rather not die, mostly because theres no proof to show anything will happen after i die. im not really jumping at the idea of nothingness for eternity

Just think of it like the time before you were born. That wasn't so bad now was it? I bet you hardly even remember it!

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#153  Edited By Getz

I'm more afraid of not dying.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By scarace360

Nope.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

I'm not afraid of death, I'm afraid of the consequences. It literally makes me said if I think about the opportunities I would miss if I died, but then again I don't do anything that will get me killed and I don't plan on getting myself killed. Well time to get on with some looting and fighting police!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By CL60
@Hailinel said:

@Claude said:

@Hailinel said:

@CL60 said:

@bkbroiler said:

Yes, I am. And I think people that aren't in some way afraid of death are either deluding themselves or must believe in some afterlife.

A vast nothingness at the end of your brief existence doesn't get to you in some way? Just think about it... uuhg.

I'm Atheist and don't care if nothing is there when I'm dead. If I'm dead I'm dead. Not going to fear something that's going to happen regardless of what I do.

Try saying that after you've had a legitimate brush with death.

What was your brush with death Hailinel?

Pneumonia and a fever so bad I thought I'd seriously die from it.

I had the same thing when I was like 6. So yeah. I went to the hospital and had to stay there because it was so bad, and I could've died. My brother almost died when he was young too, his heart stopped at the hospital.
biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#157  Edited By biospank

@FluxWaveZ said:

@biospank said:

well yes I am afraid of dying.
and those who have told othervise are either suicidal or they have an ego who tells them that they are going to another state of consciousness.

Those who are afraid of death are pussies. Generalisation works both ways, yeah?

okey so you are not afraid to die why?

So you dont care if a guy pulls a gun at you or stab you in the stomach, kidney or liver. So you can feel the warm blood in you skin and the strong pain, and you feel the blood as you lifeline. But instead of trying to survive you would want to die, right there and then?

I can see how people would not care about an overdose of a substance like heroin, because when you die from that you are in wounderland.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#158  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@biospank said: 

okey so you are not afraid to die why?

So you dont care if a guy pulls a gun at you or stab you in the stomach, kidney or liver. So you can feel the warm blood in you skin and the strong pain, and you feel the blood as you lifeline. But instead of trying to survive you would want to die, right there and then?

I can see how people would not care about an overdose of a substance like heroin, because when you die from that you are in wounderland.

The question was only about death. Dude, I'm definitely afraid of pain. I'm even afraid of dying. But I'm not afraid of death.
ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#159  Edited By ToxicAntidote
@Dany said:

Why fear the inevitable?

CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#160  Edited By CrimsonNoir

yes, but i don't worry about it too much cause worrying doesn't change anything.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#161  Edited By biospank

@FluxWaveZ: yeah I am really afraid of that, even if you are told you are going to die within a month, week, 15hours or 4hours. you will feel the worst pain you ever have experianced the last hours or min.

So this is why I am kinda pissed off when people say they are not afraid to die, because there are many factors you can die from. and the natural or overdose is not that scarry, but still scarry.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#162  Edited By elyk247

Meh... I used to be scared a lot, but it doesn't bother me anymore

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By thomasnash

I've accepted it, as you have to, but I'm still completely terrified of it.

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By m0rdr3d

I don't see what inevitability has to do with it.  All you young "badasses" saying "naw, the shit's inevitable" are all gonna be blubbering like babies when your time comes. 

...And I'll be there to witness it and perhaps rub it in before I cut you down.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By CL60
@m0rdr3d said:
I don't see what inevitability has to do with it.  All you young "badasses" saying "naw, the shit's inevitable" are all gonna be blubbering like babies when your time comes.  
Not quite. There's no reason to be afraid of death.
Natesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Natesaint

Somewhat, although I honestly believe thirty years from now medical tech and science will be able to keep humans alive substantially longer. I do not believe in God, and I believe that gives life more meaning. There are many things I want to see, and despite our technological advances, politics and fear of an invisible man in the sky it seems will prevail over wisdom. For now. I want to live long enough to see sensibility take hold of the Earth. It may take a few hundred years...

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By teh_destroyer

I have almost died on several occasions, just to get back on topic and be serious about it. I was found almost gone on the side of the road a couple of years ago.

No Caption Provided

It was pretty bad, didn't return to work for a week, my knees were caked in blood and I don't remember what happened.When death approaches you like that it is not very fun.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Mmmslash

Pants-shittingly terrified. As a CNA and EMT in training, I've seen folks die, and it's not this peaceful stuff I've seen in movies. 

Coupled with the fact that I have no real faith in an afterlife, I'd really not go through tremendous pain and then cease to exist. That sounds awful.

Pox22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Pox22

I FEAR NOT DEATH, FOR THE KHALA IS MY STRENGTH!

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By zombie2011

nope.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By MeierTheRed

Not afraid of my own death, im much more scared about the people near me like my wife and my 9 months old daughter. You never know when your time is up, and the thought of loosing either before their time, is pretty bad. 

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#172  Edited By Belonpopo

Death is afraid of me.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Fajita_Jim

Death? No. At worst, it's just like before you were born, and how bad was that?

Dying? Absolutely. I heard it can be rather painful.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#174  Edited By Little_Socrates

No, but only because I really don't think it's staring me in the face. Fearing random accidents or random violence doesn't work for me; as I've told you before, Claude, I'm 19, and my more likely causes of death are muggings and car accidents. Of course, I also don't taunt death by wasting life with drugs or recklessness. Also, totally read it in Bill Nighy's Davy Jones voice.

Paboned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#175  Edited By Paboned

I just sooooooo miserable cause my life is sooo boring and full of thoughts of him with her. I just want to die, but I'm too much of a coward to do it; or is it a coward who does kill himself? Whatever the case, don't want to be alive, yet I live. I could end it all, but right as that last drop of blood filled the tile floor I would regret it all; what a predicament.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#176  Edited By bkbroiler

@CL60 said:

@m0rdr3d said:
I don't see what inevitability has to do with it. All you young "badasses" saying "naw, the shit's inevitable" are all gonna be blubbering like babies when your time comes.

Fear isn't reasonable, though.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#177  Edited By JasonR86

Obviously I'm afraid of death.  I think the people who say they aren't may not be putting themselves in the mindset needed to answer that question.  

Let's say one of us were to begin to fall from a great distance.  Say one of us began to slide down a mountain path toward a cliff where, if we fell down it, we would most certainly die.  What would you do?  Most of us would scramble to do whatever we could to stop from falling.  Now let's say I went up to that person and asked, "Why did you try so hard to stop from falling?"  We would likely answer, "I didn't want to fall."  Then I ask, "Why didn't you want to fall?"  Most of us would say, "I didn't want to die." 

So what I'm trying to say is is that we would all work as hard as we could faced with a life or death situation to live.  Why?  Because we want to live and we don't want to die.  We don't want the death as we know it is permanent and our finite lives would end forever.  To me, because we all would likely work so hard to keep ourselves alive in a life or death scenario I would argue that we all fear death.  It's just that that interpretation may not coincide with every person's definition for 'fear'.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By VoshiNova

Not really, tried to off myself this morning - but ended up playing TF2. Man that Huntsman is awesome.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By mutha3

Terrified. The fact that 58% of the answers is "no" seriously blows my mind. I don't buy it.
@CL60 said:

@m0rdr3d said:

.....Except for the part where it literally marks the end of your existence.
Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i wouldnt be scared of death if i knew when it was coming.  unexpected/sudden death is something to be scared of.  like everyone here, i would like to live my life to the fullest and experience the most i can before i go.  it would suck to just be hit by a bus one morning, not expect it and die a young age.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By CL60
@mutha3 said:
@CL60 said:

@m0rdr3d said:

And? I wont be there, I'll be dead.
TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#182  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

I've had way too many near death experiences in my life. My fear of death subsided a long time ago.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By mutha3
@CL60 said:
Exactly.  You won't be absorbing new information, experiencing new sights and smells or well....pretty much doing anything. If being alive isn't reason enough, why the hell do you still live now? Do you not value your own life? If you knew you would die in 5 minutes, would you seriously not care?

I find that hard to believe.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By CL60
@mutha3 said:
@CL60 said:
Exactly.  You won't be absorbing new information, experiencing new sights and smells or well....pretty much doing anything. If being alive isn't reason enough, why the hell do you still live now? Do you not value your own life? If you knew you would die in 5 minutes, would you seriously not care?  I find that hard to believe.
Not wanting to die doesn't mean I'm scared of it. I'm not going to fear it because it's going to happen regardless.
Winger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Winger

Since I feel as if I haven't posted in here enough. 

Not afraid of the state of being dead at all, i'm fine with that. 

Of course everyone would be suprised when faced with a sudden or unexpected chance of death, thats human nature but live your fucking life if the thought of death controls you being able to sleep at night and enjoy it. Death isn't everything, and there is something after it. Whether that may be nothing or something cool i'm fine with it.

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By m0rdr3d
@CL60 said:

@mutha3 said:
@CL60 said:

@m0rdr3d said:

AFTER isn't what we're talking about...That part you'll find out or not afterward.  It's the tractor trailer of your death bearing down on you--whether it's in your sleep and painless or not-- and it's the comprehension of the end of your existence. Muahaha. (jk. not trying to be a dick).

I've seen a few people die in my day, many of them generally stoic and "together" people in life, and not one of them handled it well.  They were all afraid and went through stages of denial, and then bitter, fearful acceptance.  And rightfully so.  Because as "natural" as death supposedly is, there was really nothing normal about it.  And it was not once painless (I only witnessed folks who died while awake)..  They all hitched-up and seized up physically and there's was nothing dignifying about it.  It was disgusting and terrible.  All that serene stuff in the movies is just make believe shit. 
Again, not trying to be a dick.  Just sharing my experiences.  Knowledge is power.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't think of it.

LOUISE_CYPHRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By LOUISE_CYPHRE

No.  Hell,  it cant be any  worse than these days we live in. I dont believe in God/Heaven ,The Devil/Hell so I'm actually quite curious to find out what happens when we pass on.  Not really in a hurry to get to that point and find out, but with all the variables within our daily lives,  I could very well get hit by a bus riding my bike tomorrow.  It's inevitable that its gonna happen.  No need to fear it.

I just dont want to be lit on fire and burned to death.  That would be a bummer.

Finalwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Finalwish

Not scared, just curious what goes on when you die. (Atheist) 

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By TheFreeMan

Death makes me a little anxious. Not because I fear the end of existence (I don't have any bad things to say about my pre-birth state), but because I am intensely....interested in what occurs after (if anything). Dying sounds like it could be pretty unpleasant, however. 

Generally though, I gotta shrug and move on. Ain't no point worrying about it - you gotta do what you gotta do. Fear is the mind-killer.

CornishRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#191  Edited By CornishRocker

Normally, I'd say I don't think about it. My time will come sooner or later.

However, after watching Joey's Final Destination montage: yes, I am a little more afraid of death.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By ShaggE
@CornishRocker said: 

However, after watching Joey's Final Destination montage: yes, I am a little more afraid of death.

This. FD movies are sheer paranoia fuel, no matter how silly they can be. Same with 1000 Ways to Die. 

I accept death as a part of life, but anytime I'm fresh off of watching one of those, I get jumpy as shit. "Everything's going to kill me in the most painful, embarrassing way imaginable!"
King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By King_Bonzo

Sometimes the idea of just no longer being there terrifies me. But not as much as being there forever. It's a hard balance but as someone who's always naturally been wary of the unknown I'm a little scared of death but that fear is subjective too my current situation.  

For example I collapsed a few years ago at school (I had a spate of collapses which, surprise surprise, one I improved my diet and exercise regime vanished). I collapsed in the disabled toilets which I had gone too when I felt uneasy. I regained consciousness before I regained control of my body, eyes or ears. So I was essential deaf/blind/paralysed for about  10 seconds but it felt like minutes. I remember having to force my body awake through sheer will power and through my blurry vision all I saw was the white of the toilet ceiling. At that point I was convinced I was dead or dying and I just accepted it. I wasn't worried it was kind of like an inevitability. Anyway I didn't die... 

One thing that sometimes scared me more than dying is the idea of living forever in heaven or hell or purgatory or elysium or where ever. Not sure why it worries me I just find the idea of being "alive" forever terrifying sometimes. 

Lifestrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Lifestrike
To all the people who chose "no"

Are you aware of how scary you will look, when you die?
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#195  Edited By DanielJW

@buzz_clik said:

Am I scared that I'll be kidnapped and eventually have my head cut off as I release a final gurgled scream? Well, not in a day-to-day way, but it'd suck if it happened.

There's your first mistake. ;)

No, I'm not afraid to die. Regardless of how I go I can be happy knowing I did my best to positively affect lives around me. Do I want to go any time soon? Not really. But I've done plenty to be proud of in my life. So if I go, I'll go with a smile on my face.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#196  Edited By korolev

I am worried about dying before I have to. I am curious about this world that I live in. I am curious about what will happen, what new developments will be made and how society will change. I want to live as long as possible in order to see as much of the future as possible. I want to know what new technologies will be invented, I want to see what lasting impact the actions of today will have 50 or 60 years from now.

So I am afraid of death in the sense that I am afraid of missing out on seeing the future. But as long as I can live till I'm at least 80 or so, I'd be happy. Also, as woody allen once said, it's not being dead that frightens me. It's the process of dying that frightens me.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Meowshi

I don't think about it much.   

I fear getting older.  It just seems like a much more pressing concern.

cribbel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By cribbel1

I don´t fear death.. I fear the pain of dying.. Theres no good way to die.. If you sleep it might get stupid crazy death because the dreams have no limits.. Man i fear the way im going to die and how much pain im going to feel. 

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#199  Edited By Tireyo

It's in my human nature to be afraid of death with the pain involved.

King_Bonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By King_Bonzo
 @Tireyo643 said:
It's in my human nature to be afraid of death with the pain involved.  

This is true actually. Evolution wise it's a huge benefit to a species if it fears death.