Best Podcast App for Android

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

What do you guys and girls use to listen to podcasts (android)? I have been using the free version of CastBox and do not really like it. I don't mind paying for something, but I'm definitely not paying for CastBox. Looking for alternatives.

Thanks!

dynamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Podcast Addict is great.

JasonMasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I use podcast republic. It's alright.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I've found podcast addict to be pretty good.

TheHanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pocket Casts! It's my personal favorite. It has really granular settings for auto download, cleanup, playback, storage, etc. The only caveats are the premium podcast feeds. First, you need to know how to add them. Second, you should know that the premium feeds seem to be finicky for some in the app. I don't have an issue with it, but it's something to be aware of.

If you don't need to speed up your playback, Google Play Music is also a viable podcast option.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I use Pocket Casts. Little pricey, but totally worth it to continue listening where you left off from the phone to the browser and how it syncs up just magically.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I've been using doggcatcher for 7 years, it's great.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@dynamix said:

Podcast Addict is great.

agreed. Its everything you would want from a podcast app.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use AntennaPod. Works fine for me, but granted, I didn't try anything else.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thehanna said:

Pocket Casts! It's my personal favorite. It has really granular settings for auto download, cleanup, playback, storage, etc. The only caveats are the premium podcast feeds. First, you need to know how to add them. Second, you should know that the premium feeds seem to be finicky for some in the app. I don't have an issue with it, but it's something to be aware of.

If you don't need to speed up your playback, Google Play Music is also a viable podcast option.

seconding this. Have been using Pocketcasts for years with no issues.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ObiKwiet

Thanks for the suggestions duders!

lkpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dynamix: yep, been using podcast addict for years. I just works. The auto cleanup features work well in order to not accidentally fill your phone with old podcasts

cj3651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also recommend Pocket Casts! I haven't used many others, but if you're willing to pay it's a high quality app with nice UI.

ObiKwiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there any way to change the thumbnail for a podcast in Pocket Casts? I have 3 identical looking giant bomb feeds.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@obikwiet: I don't think you can. Pocketcasts gets the podcast artwork from the RSS feed (or somewhere) and that's it. I would suggest using the New Releases tab to show the list of podcasts.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use Podcast Addict. It seems to have way more features than i ever need, but it does the things i need it to do well and is reliable.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RonGalaxy

Google play music has podcasts now, so if you're looking for something free and have that preinstalled you might as well stick with it. If you're willing to spend a few bucks, pocketcasts is the best.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By monkeyking1969

I have used Podkicker on various phones, and as I have upgraded phones I have kept using it. The nice thing is the free-app works really well, and if you do pay for the Pro, it only $1.99. The pro version has NO ADS and those users receive new features before everyone else.

My advice is to try a few than stick with what you like. Most of the apps all do the same things, so it just a matter of where in the menus you turn features on or off. Once you know a program that one is easy, once you know another one that one is easy too...and then it just down to taste.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too was looking for a podcast app. Tried Podcast Addict first and never looked for any others because it does everything I would want it to. And it's completely free.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SarcasticMudcrab

Yep podcast addict here too. I also use mortplayer audio books to play anything not downloaded through podcast addict, it has all the features you need.

btrdeadthanred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By btrdeadthanred

Pocket casts without a doubt. Most android podcast apps are either junk or look like shit; its a couple bucks but its well worth it. Ive used it for years

RazorRamen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used to use Pocket Casts, switched to BeyondPod as Pocket Casts was unable to handle certain premium (paid) feeds that I use, if that's not an issue for you I would recommend PocketCasts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8907c9ada33
deactivated-5f8907c9ada33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pocket Casts. It's been my favourite experience with a podcast app on Android. I love it.

alphasquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're willing to spend a little Pocket Casts is really the best podcast app on every platform.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BeyondPod's free version is great.

KaptainA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use Antenna pod almost exclusively for all the giant bomb stuff. If you have spotify there are tons of podcasts there for streaming. As my provider doesn't count spotify traffic towards my cap it's great having most of my podcasts available without having to wait to download at home.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Pocket Casts, it's great.

Anthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like Pocket Cast because the Premium Beast feed stopped working for me and re-adding it doesn't work. Not that huge of a deal but Pocket Casts isn't perfect.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By void

I use podcast addict. It's mostly fine, but sometimes it forgets its stream position on resume and it starts over. It gets pretty annoying if you are like me and only listens to podcasts in 20-30 minute chunks or so.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I use BeyondPod and I... I wouldn't recommend it. I understand the interface well enough now, but that's only because I've been using it for a while. I can't imagine trying to use it for the first time now if you listen to more than 2 or 3 podcasts regularly.

The only real reasons I still use it are that I do understand the interface well enough despite it being unintuitive and that I've been using it for so long I don't want to lose the record of which episodes of which podcasts I have or haven't listened to.