Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Harkat

Hello,

So, most of Europe has just become subject to advertising on Giant Bomb. Completely fair to those who are not paid subscribers, so I'm not complaining about that.

However, some of the advertising is of dubious quality. Like these pretty funny, context-free "DOWNLOAD" and "PLAY NOW" buttons. No advertised game, no brand names or trademarks, no further information. Lul:

No Caption Provided
Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Nictel

Yeah they're made for you to click on accidently. Even more annoying on sites where the ACTUAL download button is more obscure than the advertisement.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bybeach

I never saw it, but I luved the screams of anguish over the Dead Island ad..must have been pretty horrific sonically and such by what ppl. wrote.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah, you need to let Danial know when you see this shit ASAP so he can take it down (or does he not have control over advertisements in countries other than the US?)- because that's definitely pretty shitty.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FirePrince

It's kinda cool when they advertise actual games(Nuclear Dawn, never heard of it, seems cool) but not so cool when it tries to convince me that I won an iPhone 4S, shaking the ad screen to the point that I have to refresh the screen to avoid having a headache.

Oh well.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Marzy

AdBlock?

Simple fix.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

The worst advertising was the Dead Rising pre-video ad. Super loud sound and annoying ad.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

Not an American + Adblock + Membership = I have never seen an ad on this site. From what I have read though it's pretty revolting stuff. Not so much the ads themselves, but how they have been exactly what the guys said they would never do. C'est la vie.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

When you see a shity ad pm daniel a ss of the ad, he can then flag it and remove it.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By artofwar420

I don't know what an ad is.

Seriously though, some of the ads I've seen while logged off are kind of atrocious. I'm not against ads as long as they're not intrusive.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Omega

Yeah I got that ad once. The worst one so far was one of those unemployed mom in -city you live in- makes $600 a day doing nothing and you can too! Ads like that kinda makes the site look more  like a trashy torrent site than a legitimate business.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

ALL WAS QUIET

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

ALL WAS QUIET

BUT DEN... EVERYTING WENT CRAZY.

I didn't mind that ad that much because the music was so awesome. It was some remix of the Dead Island theme and it was pretty rad. The worst ad I saw was something called "Fail Fridays" hosted by some Internet-famous tool. It made me really sad that WM had stooped to that level, though I understand they need the money.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By CL60

@Keenblaze said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

ALL WAS QUIET

BUT DEN... EVERYTING WENT CRAZY.

I didn't mind that ad that much because the music was so awesome. It was some remix of the Dead Island theme and it was pretty rad. The worst ad I saw was something called "Fail Fridays" hosted by some Internet-famous tool. It made me really sad that WM had stooped to that level, though I understand they need the money.

DEY COMING!