(Blade Runner) In your opinion, is Deckard a human, or Replicant?

• 106 results
Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Ravenlight

Literally everyone except Deckard is a replicant.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@n7 said:

In the book he's human. So, I'm going with that.

An adaptation doesn't stay true to the source and in this case they are very different, so the film should not be interpreted by the novel.

reganstar93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As a part of my research portfolio I have created this questionnaire which seeks to collect an audience response of Bladerunner, if possible could you please fillout this questionnaire.

Blade Runner questionnaire for public

1. Do you prefer the director’s cut of Blade runner, if so why?

2. Do you prefer the theatrical released version of Blade Runner, if so why?

3. Do you prefer Sir Ridley Scott’s final cut version of Blade Runner, if so why?

4. Did you like the narrative voiceover from Deckard within the theatrical version?

5. What would you say is the most widely accepted version of Blade Runner?

6. Do you feel the use of music is one of the key focuses on Blade Runner?

7. What do you think could have been improved in Blade Runner, if anything please state what and why?

8. Any other comments?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not. He's just paranoid that be might be.

reganstar93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the purpose of my current assignment I am focusing on an audience response to Blade Runner, with the chosen study of genre, I have created this questionnaire and would really benefit if you could answer it.
Questionnaire -
1. Please state which genre you feel is most defined in Blade Runner and why? e.g. could be science fiction, cyberpunk, future noir, thriller or film noir.

2. What do you feel are the codes and conventions used with Blade Runner?

3. What type of iconography do you associate with Blade Runner?

4. Can you list any visual motifs present in Blade Runner which are linked directly to science fiction genre or film noir?

5. What are the universal concerns from Blade Runner?

6. Are there aspects of the Blade runner narrative that might reflect into other genres?

7. How do you feel the use of lighting, cinematography and mise en scene in BLADERUNNER is distinctive to a film genre?

8. Can you identify any moments in the opening sequences of Blade Runner in which the film uses noir lightings and cinematography?

9. How much does Deckard conform to the central male film noir character who is usually a disillusioned loner, a tough guy at odds with himself?

10. Look at the sequence where Deckard first meets Rachel at the Tyrell Corporation. How do her clothes, hair and make up mimic the 1940’s film noir ‘femme fatale’?

11. Watch the sequence from the point where Batty rescues Deckard up to his own death. Look particularly at the sequence in terms of the mise en scène. Does this succeed in evoking a sense of empathy for Batty?

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's a great movie, the final cut is the best version, and of course he's a replicant. You people are crazy.

Sursh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By Sursh

correct me if i'm wrong, but i always thought he was a replicant based off gaff's memories (the unicorn, etc), i didn't think much of it at the time. i love that film immensely, but i'm not going to claim that i completely understand the story, a lot of it is still rather aloof to me.