Bootlegging Audacity

Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Valames

My girlfriend and I were approached by two questionable looking gentlemen when we were coming out of Best Buy yesterday. I had my The Beatles Rockband gripped tightly in my hand cause I thought me and Ringo were about to part. Instead I was surprised to hear them ask me if I wanted to buy some movies. BUY SOME MOVIES?! Dammit, I just came out of Best Buy. I know their prices are hardly cheaper than a bootleggers but come on, right outside the Best Buy? Thats like Pro's trying to turn tricks right outside a strip club. It's not they way you do business. The audacity of the situation comes from the fact that they were selling illegal copies of pirated movies to any Dick and Jane that was walking in the parking lot. I could have been a cop! I am already studying to be an ISS professional so maybe I have a little biased opinion when it comes to pirated movies, but man I hope those guys sold to the wrong guy and got their arrogant asses taken down.

Has this ever happened to anyone else and if so, what did you think about the whole situation?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I've never had anyone approach me like that, but a few years ago I did see a dude with a table set up on the side of the street once when I went into the city (Boston) trying to sell bootleg VHS movies

Piracy and bootlegging are becoming all too common these days, though it is odd to still see someone trying to sell movies when most people can get them for free now on the internet.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ahriman22
@Valames: Prostitutes actually hang out around strip clubs quite often. Strip clubs don't let you have sex with the dancers. It isn't the end of the world... Geez.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Megalon

If I were a lady of the night (ok, gentleman of the night I guess), I would totally hang out by a strip club. That's just smart business. 

PlipO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PlipO

You should have explained to the guys that it makes more sense and would be more profitable to setup a movie links web site.
This means they would have less chance of getting caught therefore less chance of being prosecuted and so not costing tax payers the cost of an investigation and if required - prosecution.  This would also prevent them from being a public nuisance.
Does this make me a supporter of violating copyright content; no, even though I do illegally access copyright material.

Those guys were probably trying to make some qucik money, a stupid thing to do but not something that might destroy civilisation.
Save your outrage for the people who have wiped off billions of dollars from the World's ecconomies and contributed to masses of job loses.
You might consider writing to your representative for Parliament, maybe about both issues.
I fully support your write to air your views in any legal way you wish.