Bucket's Song of the week! #1

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Well I've been thinking, music has gotten me through a lot of shit, a lot of stuff I wouldn`t be able to take maybe if it weren`t for something as simple as Buckethead or Megadeth, but Ozzy was the one who had gotten me into listening to metal so I'll dedicate my first song of the week to the prince of darkness, whether you like Metal or not, are there any songs that really help you out or had gotten you through some tough shit in your life?

Anyways, here is a song telling the story of a man who isn`t sure if he is insane or not, but obviously is.

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary Of a Madman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I've been thinking, music has gotten me through a lot of shit, a lot of stuff I wouldn`t be able to take maybe if it weren`t for something as simple as Buckethead or Megadeth, but Ozzy was the one who had gotten me into listening to metal so I'll dedicate my first song of the week to the prince of darkness, whether you like Metal or not, are there any songs that really help you out or had gotten you through some tough shit in your life?

Anyways, here is a song telling the story of a man who isn`t sure if he is insane or not, but obviously is.

Ozzy Osbourne - Diary Of a Madman

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ParanoidFreak

Ozzy Osbourne has a great voice, it's almost haunting. You should post some Buckethead next week (Soothsayer is amazing).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ParanoidFreak said:
" Ozzy Osbourne has a great voice, it's almost haunting. You should post some Buckethead next week (Soothsayer is amazing).
"
Haha yeah, I will see what I`m listening to next week, buckethead is my favorite musician so it will most likely be him : )
Soothsayer is an awesome song :D
trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By trulyalive

Not my favourite Ozzy song, but still, Ozzy is a great rock artist who puts out consistently decent music.
It's always good to hear when music helps somebody through something, because it reminds me I'm not alone out there. Good metal has saved me from myself so many times, and it'll be interesting to see which tracks have helped you over time. ^_^

Regarding your question, a few tracks that really helped me out are:

One by Metallica (although oddly enough, I always connected with Apocalyptica's cover more -- they're a Finnish Cello-Metal band, in case you've never heard of them)
Wishmaster by Nightwish
Kashmir by Led Zeppelin
Mellotron Scratch by Porcupine Tree
and the song that has literally saved my life multiple times is Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By PowerSerj

Fucking epic Ozzy song. One of the best pre-solo riffs ever.

heavymtlhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By heavymtlhead

One of Ozzy's bests. I also got into metal because of Ozzy (as well as Metallica). Glad to see lots of metal love on the site. I want to do something metal related with my blog soon and I'm glad to see you doing this.