Camp NaNoWriMo

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

Camp starts today, who's writing? What genre? I don't see books or literary fiction discussed much on Giant Bomb, not that I spend that much time in the forums.

I'm writing a book about someone who wakes up in someone else's body, but they can't contact the person they switched with who has their body. I want to write a second book from the other person's perspective, but I'm not sure how it'll all work out. I'm hoping it'll reach 50,000 words with one side of it.

Also, I'm fundraising, so I was wondering if anyone else was and we could start a group.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Hey, cool. I guess I was never really sure what Camp NaNoWriMo actually was. I've participated in NaNoWriMo proper the last two years and, against all odds, won both times. It's funny, I was just reading over last year's novel a couple of days ago and it took me by surprise when I didn't immediately hate it. I've had a lot happen since then and have taken a break from writing over the past few months, but I'm starting to look forward to November more and more.

Good luck with your story. There's a lot of potential for crazy fun in that idea.

And I'll definitely help out with the fundraising effort. Can't not support the good people at The Office of Letters and Light.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Aegon

Doesn't the No in Nanorimo stand for November?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

@aegon said:

National Novel Writing Month. July's totally a month!

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@aegon said:

National Novel Writing Month. July's totally a month!

Oh, woops.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm going to give it a try. I failed back in November because I was under a lot of stress and didn't have time.

ShadyPingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ShadyPingu

Hey, I'm writing a novel!

But I started in late March, so no fun NaNoWriMo shenanigans for me. Frankly, the idea of writing a novel, even a poor one, in just a month is beyond my ability, so best of luck.

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

@encephalon said:

Frankly, the idea of writing a novel, even a poor one, in just a month is beyond my ability, so best of luck.

I've never participated before, but I get the impression it's more about reaching 50,000 words than completing a well-structured novel. Kind of a long-form writing exercise.

Good luck with your story. There's a lot of potential for crazy fun in that idea.

Yeah, I'm looking at making it mainly a comedy, since that's the writing style that comes most naturally to me. Thanks for the donation! I wasn't really expecting anyone to chip in, so 10% of my total goal is amazing.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I tried NaNoWriMo proper last year and got to 36k and that was when I was still at Uni so I should be able to reach 50k this month.