Christian Bale Visits Theater Shooting Victims(Link Inside)

Avatar image for operationprometheus
OperationPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/christian-bale-visits-colorado-shooting-victims-220129641.html

So I know some people find Christian Bale a jerk because of the one time that he flipped out on his crew during filming of one of his movies, but I'm sure those types of things happen all the time in Hollywood and that was the one that happened to be caught on tape. To me, Christian Bale is a class act. I just gained so much more respect for him. This film in no way was the cause of this shooting, and for him to come on his own accord to visit the hospital and lay flowers at the memorial shows a lot of class. No actor does that just to get publicity and spends 3 hours at the hospital. And also, WB stepping up and donating a large portion of their profits to the families in CO. Such a great gesture. Bravo Mr.Bale. Not only are you one of my favorite actors, you now have the love and respect from me. I can't express how much this brightened my day to see this.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I don't really like him, but good on him for doing that.

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jay444111

Yeah, I think Bale was just really stressed while making Terminator 4. I don't blame him for that unlike a certain racist celebrity... I am of course talking about Mel Gibson.

But yeah, good on him for doing this. Not many Celebrities even have 1% of compassion that he has. Even though his voice is quite lame. He is a very emotional guy and I extremely respect him for doing this.

OperationPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jay444111

I feel the same way. I'm sure Christian is far from the only person to flip out and cuss at a crew member while filming a movie. Did I agree with it? No. But I'm sure he was just stressed or something and he could have done something much worse. This made my respect for him skyrocket.
Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Samaritan

That whole thing, predictably, was blown way out of proportion by the media. Actors are under a ton of stress while shooting films, especially action films, so it's no surprise you're going to have a bad day and little-to-no patience sometimes. We all do.

Bale visiting the shooting victims is a total class act, so kudos to him. That must've been awesome for those people in the hospital.

skittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By skittles

Yep. What he did was pretty great. Some people were calling for it on facebook, and I ignored them, while thinking it probably would be a great thing for him to do. Off his own back though.

On the topic of some people thinking he's an asshole because of his freak outs... I'm totally cool with it. I have this image of Christian Bale as being something of a mix between Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, and his portrayal of Bruce Wayne, particularly during the party at the end of Batman Begins when he pretends to be wasted. I'm aware he's probably not like that, but I think it's funner to imagine him that way. A massive c***, but one you can respect.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Good on him, great gesture

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Posted about this in the shooting thread but I think people are too busy arguing about gun control so I'm glad this thread was started. What an awesome dude, I've been a fan for a while even after his on set blow up. Not that his visit makes things all better for the people hurt but he's going out of his way to do something. Tons of respect for him.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Captain_Felafel said:

That whole thing, predictably, was blown way out of proportion by the media. Actors are under a ton of stress while shooting films, especially action films, so it's no surprise you're going to have a bad day and little-to-no patience sometimes. We all do.

Bale visiting the shooting victims is a total class act, so kudos to him. That must've been awesome for those people in the hospital.

If I had half the ego of an actor and I was put under stress I would freak out like that too.  Thats pretty awesome of him too considering he probably just came back from Europe and went out of his way to go to Colorado
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

So is he the dark knight here, or the white knight? Kidding. Yeah, I read that earlier, that's awesome. When I heard him do that outrage a while back during Terminator, I didn't think any less of him, it was just that my opinion didn't really change. Just another moment in time.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Its great when actors do stuff like this, imagine if it was you in the hospital or that situation and random actor shows up to console you.
Sure its weird, but it also shows support and in such situations all the support helps.

People who still trip over his outburst have obviously never gotten mad themselves about anything.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Good. He's a better man for it, in my eyes.

Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

That's great. He's not my favorite actor, but good on him for the gesture. 

We all have meltdowns, his was just public.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The whole Terminator Salvation ordeal was that they were short on a timeline. Bale did say sorry to the crew for his anger; Hollywood business is difficult work. I think everyone was stressed.

CB's a cool guy in my opinion.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Morrow

I can't believe how much people still stigmatize him for one damn overreaction. It wasn't even that bad. I had worse fights with my parents or my ex-boss, and no one would stigmatize me for it like that. Being a celebrity must be hard, you always have to be politically correct if you don't want people giving you shit.

I'm following his career for 12 years now, and while I haven't read everything about him that's out there, my impression of him is very positive. He's extremely passionate about his craft and very dedicated to his family, just pretty introverted which makes him seem too serious or cold sometimes.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By TheHT

@Morrow said:

I can't believe how much people still stigmatize him for one damn overreaction. It wasn't even that bad. I had worse fights with my parents or my ex-boss, and no one would stigmatize me for it like that. Being a celebrity must be hard, you always have to be politically correct if you don't want people giving you shit.

I'm following his career for 12 years now, and while I haven't read everything about him that's out there, my impression of him is very positive. He's extremely passionate about his craft and very dedicated to his family, just pretty introverted which makes him seem too serious or cold sometimes.

Completely this. Saw this on the news earlier today. A kind gesture.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By korwin

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

@Captain_Felafel said:

If I had half the ego of an actor and I was put under stress I would freak out like that too. Thats pretty awesome of him too considering he probably just came back from Europe and went out of his way to go to Colorado

People also seem to forget that this guy pumps his body weight up and down like a lunatic from movie to movie, that would make you grumpy as hell half the time.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By rpgee

Good on him, I say. I've never been affected by the outburst backlash or whatnot (I didn't even think it was much of a thing), and I have very much respect for his craft and passion. It's great that he's out there doing this sort of thing, and it sets a really good example for fellow actors and other professionals out there.

Incidentally, I may as well post a wondering of mine: I think what has happened is absolutely horrific, and my condolences go out to all those affected by this terrible act. But I can't help but wonder, was there someone, even just a lowly PR person, who thought "You know, this is pretty good publicity for the movie"? It's a pretty messed up thought, and I don't know if it's possible myself, but I do wonder...

OperationPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RPGee
I don't think anyone thought it would be good PR. It turned out that it actually hurt the movie instead of helping it. The movie was orginally predicted to make $170-$195 million and some people even thought after the huge midnight opening it might beat Avengers. But when the public heard about the shooting the numbers obviously were affected because it dropped to $160.9 million. Which I think is stupid of the public. Yeah this is one of the worst tragedies and I feel so awful, but for so many people to just be scared of going to the movie theater....really? I mean you can't just live your life in fear. The movie had nothing to do with why the shooting happened and to just think all theaters were automatically a target now is ridiculous.

On topic, I have always been a huge fan of Bale's. He is my favorite actor and I am one of the biggest Batman fans. I know if I was one of the victims it would have made my entire life if I got even a few minutes with Bale. He is one of my acting idols. I am huge on theater and his performances inspire me. Just a great all around guy. Bravo Bale, bravo.
Erk_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erk_Forever

It almost makes you forget about how he beat his wife and sister.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Phatmac

An unnecessary kind act by a big hollywood star. You rarely see this kind of action done by someone. Good on Bale!

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Vodun

@Erk_Forever said:

And you base that accusation on...?

Arouga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arouga

@Erk_Forever: Even though he didn't beat them at all and was only protecting his wife when they were saying real bad things about her. Also they were asking for money just because he was famous and that he should feel bad about not giving them any.

Great thing that he went there and so much respect for that. The fact that he did it because he wanted to and asked them not to tell media about it makes it alot better. So, much respect to Mr. Bale.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24  Edited By ashleychittock

Pretty sure people stigmatise him for hitting his family, not getting pissy on set.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cheesebob

This is the first time I heard about Bale beating his wife and sister

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By BaneFireLord
@Erk_Forever: Source...?
OperationPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cheesebob

That is because he never actually hit them. Also read Arouga's comment up ahead. He pretty much hits the nail on the head. He never actually beat them. Google it. Read enough articles and you will see what actually happened.
betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By betterboulder

Yay! Good for Bale. Like the guy even more now.

Lava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By Lava

Good on him for doing this. Show's he cares. And the fact that WB is donating money from the prophets of the movie to help the victims is also awesome. They seem to be handeling all of this very well.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ltsmash

To quote Rob Bricken at Topless Robot, "What turns this from a good thing into a great thing is that Bale didn't announce it, he didn't call a publicist, he just showed up there -- the only reason anyone knows about it is because people at the hospital started tweeting and Facebooking that Christian Bale was there."

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2012/07/christian_bale_is_a_good_dude.php

OperationPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LTSmash
Exactly. It really shows that he didn't do it for the publicity. He could have called the hospital up and had them alert the media, but he just casually let them know he was gunna stop by so that they were prepared to see him there. What a great gesture. Shows he really had good motives behind doing this.
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By TehFlan

Yeah, I saw this earlier. That was a really great thing for him to do.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By rpgee

@OperationPrometheus:

Ah, okay, figures are good. I was wondering whether people would in fact get scared off somewhat, which I can kind of understand. Considering that the last decade we've lived in has been shrouded somewhat by this odd, omnipresent threat of attack out of nowhere, it's understandable that people feel insecure after an attack actually does happen. Like I mentioned, my condolences go out to all of the people affected, it's tragic that it's possible for this sort of thing to happen at all, particularly with such little understood reason behind it.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By Dagbiker

@Arouga said:

They where asking for it.

I still dont like him, but I like him more then Harrison Ford.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

@Erk_Forever said:

Except for the fact that he didn't. They tried to charge him with verbal abuse after he yelled at them for insulting his wife. So there's that.

OperationPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RPGee
Yeah, unfrotunately this time it finally did effect the sales. Which is sad. I really wanted to see it break some records. I know what happened is a tragedy, but I am never going to allow something like that to effect my enjoyment of something. I am not going to live my life in constant fear of attack. The chances of someone else showing up to the theater and being able to pull something like this off after it already happened are very small. Oh well. Still a great gesture from Bale, absolutely love it. I just know I am not going to ever live in fear. Some people are just a little to paranoid IMO.
gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By gaminghooligan

saw this as well. bale is pretty rad dude

binhoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By binhoker

He is a hero to all men and we should be thankful just to be on the same planet as such a selfless and magnanimous human.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By MocBucket62

Yeah Bale's a stud for going to the Aurora Hospital to visit those who were wounded from the Aurora Theatre shooting and laying flowers down during the memorial! I got a major sentimental grin seeing pictures of Bale at the hospital!

TheKramer89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheKramer89

@Jay444111 said:

I don't blame him for that unlike a certain racist celebrity... I am of course talking about Mel Gibson.

Good. I thought you were talking about me.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@TheKramer89 said:

@Jay444111 said:

I don't blame him for that unlike a certain racist celebrity... I am of course talking about Mel Gibson.

Good. I thought you were talking about me.

Something something fork up your ass.