Coinstar: If only...

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Mrnitropb

So Im looking at several jars of change, and wondering if its worth the effort to lug them to the Coinstar machine at the grocery store. It seems the best use of the machines these days if to get gift cards or receipts, as there is no fee for these.

Im looking at my 360, right next to the jars of change and wondering what moron at Coinstar and the Big 3 hasn't gotten the bright idea to partner up for coins for MS Wii and PSN points. It seems like a match made in heaven.

Imagine those lean times when you NEED that DLC or rando downloadable game, but just don't have the $20 to drop on a full card, or the energy (and lack of paranoia) to punch in all your credit card info. A simple couch coushinraid would be enough to get you the few dollars worth of points you needed.

I can understand MS not liking this, as they're dead set on the 80 point scale, and confusing you about how much money you've spent, but why not Sony and Nintendo? What am I missing here?

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MrPerfect

I think it would be awesome if Coinstar partnered up with Sony so that I can trade in my change for points for the PSN.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bigandtasty

It would indeed be pretty cool but getting my coins changed into Amazon gift certificates is good enough for me.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

You can buy cards off Amazon with your gift card there.  I hate the whole points system to begin with, but that's a different story.

I have my big old jar of change.  I hate change and always collect it up for coinstar.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Mrnitropb

I thought someone told me that you can buy points from amazon, and get an instant redeem code, instead of something in the mail? If so that would be more tempting.